GDT: Canes Flyers Zero Effort

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Also: we really, really, really need more information on this "banned from Wawa" thing. You can't drop something like that and then just walk away from it, man!

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I wouldn't say that's true.

Tastykakes are obviously ****ing garbage, and people only eat them when they're high.

ISWYDT :handclap:

Oh, and to BBA's point about Skinner on that OT goal: Yep. He may not have caught him, but those 2 extra strides might have put him in reach to hook Gost. Hard to nitpick 3v3 though (and a guy that's carrying us).

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Nothing exciting :( Long story short, some kids that worked there were giving my cousin's boyfriend some ****, my other cousin and I went in to calm the situation, yada yada yada, we're all banned for life from that Wawa.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Nothing exciting :( Long story short, some kids that worked there were giving my cousin's boyfriend some ****, my other cousin and I went in to calm the situation, yada yada yada, we're all banned for life from that Wawa.

What a letdown. :shakehead

My best Wawa story is how I went there three times on my wedding day. The first trip was for Gatorade to cure my hangover, the second trip was for breakfast once I realized how lame it was at the hotel, and the last trip was a midnight run for more food because I was too hungry to... umm... do the wedding night.

Also, Tastykakes are overrated.

Also also, there has to be a meme somewhere in Gostisbehere's name. Maybe there already is and I've just been too out of the loop to find it. But I finally signed up for cable, so maybe I'll get back in the loop now.

Speaking of being out of the loop, does Skinner have a new girlfriend or something? Or did he get his hands on some of that Raleigh meth?

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Hank, just wait to the Dec 19 - Jan 2 stretch. We'll be lucky to get 6 points in that 7 game stretch.

On the flipside, if you assume, based on strength of the teams they are playing, that they'll struggle in that 7 game stretch, then you have to also assume the 9 games following that, they should do fairly well, no? Oilers, Canucks, Blue Jackets, Blue Jackets, Penguins (who are struggling), Blues, Canucks, Penguins, Maple Leafs.

Other than the Blues, every one of those teams is in the bottom half of the league standings with Edm, Van, CLB, and TOR being with the Canes near the bottom. IF the Canes are going to make a run this year, that's the stretch to do it, but they'd need to at least "hold the fort" in that 7 game stretch through Jan 2nd.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
On the flipside, if you assume, based on strength of the teams they are playing, that they'll struggle in that 7 game stretch, then you have to also assume the 9 games following that, they should do fairly well, no? Oilers, Canucks, Blue Jackets, Blue Jackets, Penguins (who are struggling), Blues, Canucks, Penguins, Maple Leafs.

Other than the Blues, every one of those teams is in the bottom half of the league standings with Edm, Van, CLB, and TOR being with the Canes near the bottom. IF the Canes are going to make a run this year, that's the stretch to do it, but they'd need to at least "hold the fort" in that 7 game stretch through Jan 2nd.

My point is that our current stretch is unsustainable and has to be sustainable for us to have a chance at playoffs. We're hot now -- you guys really think we'll be scoring like this forever -- more importantly, will our goalies ever steal a game?

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
My point is that our current stretch is unsustainable and has to be sustainable for us to have a chance at playoffs. We're hot now -- you guys really think we'll be scoring like this forever -- more importantly, will our goalies ever steal a game?

Like I said: teams get hot. Goalies get hot. The Avalanche had absolutely no business being in the playoffs two years ago, but there they were.

Look, you're probably right. But let it play out. And then you can say you were right, if you feel so inclined. In the meantime, let it play out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad