GDT: Canes @ Caps - We miss you Foegele

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I say we sign a bunch of has-beens in the hope of finding the next Eric Staal, and sign a bunch of backup goalies in the hope of finding the next Cam Talbot, and sign a bunch of KHL guys in the hope of finding the next Evgeni Dadonov, and hire a bunch of fired coaches in the hope of finding the next Gerard Gallant.

If we apply the principles of mass production and big data analytics, we should dedicate all of the organization's resources to signing as many of these people as humanly possible. I'm thinking like 300-500. Then we will be absolutely sure to have a decent coach, goalie, and first line next season.
Since there aren't a lot of inept franchises like the Canes, it should be easier to differentiate between players who are has beens or just good players on a perennial terrible teams who have given up on life.

Sign abunch of back up goalies in the hopes they're the next Cam Talbot? Haven't we been doing that for years now?

KHL guys? How about Alexander Semin?

Fired coaches? I hear Kirk Muller is available. We brought back Maurice, so why not?

Last edited:

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Since there aren't a lot of inept franchises like the Canes, it should be easier to differentiate between players who are has beens or just good players on a perennial terrible teams who have given up on life.

Sign abunch of back up goalies in the hopes they're the next Cam Talbot? Haven't we been doing that for years now?

KHL guys? How about Alexander Semin?

Fired coaches? I hear Kirk Muller is available. We brought back Maurice, so why not?
Folks, that sound you hear is the life being sucked out of tarheel's post.

Can't wait for the GDT hot takes....CANNOT f***ING WAIT.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Fair enough

AFAIK he’s still considered a game time decision.

He really can't be gametime decision, can he? We shipped McKeown back to Charlotte and Pesce is done for the year, so Faulk makes the 6th defenseman on the roster, no? I can't see them starting a game with 5 defensemen, unless I missed a callup.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Still need one more year to achieve truly historic futility, which is the point that I call it quits.
I've been thinking for years that the non playoff teams should have an equal draw(chance) at the top picks. It would end "tanking" talk, serious or joking.

Also would not punish teams for trying but just missing the post season. They changed it a bit where the worst of the worst don't automatically get the top picks but the odds are still slanted toward the bottom feeders. You also have the situation like Edmonton, where they suck for a decade and get so many top picks they'll eventually land a McDavid. Mgt can be incompetent and like this season for the Oil, and they'll get yet another top pick this draft :mad:

Canes are virtually stuck in EC 10th. They should have the same chance at the top picks as Sabres, Sens,..., Yotes, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad