GDT: Canes At Nashville 8PM EST

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'm gently raising my hand. I think cheap 1A/1B tandems can spend money on goals.
ding ding ding ding. Better to spend 7 million or less on 2 guys that can both put up .915s in a season than spend that much on just a starter.

You don't need elite, you need league average or better, and Mrazek/Reimer is a pretty dang decent tandem.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
ding ding ding ding. Better to spend 7 million or less on 2 guys that can both put up .915s in a season than spend that much on just a starter.

Also, if the Gardiner and Nino that we're seeing right now are their real selves going forward, they're going to have some trade value relatively soon. Maybe a small pick or two, but that's way better than paying to dump players, to say the least. If you get an opportunity at a Laine at a good price, you might be able to free space now.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Chip just asked Reimer in the post game conference: “James, you sat out the first two games but faced some shots early, was it good to see the puck a lot early on?”

What is the point of this?

Maniscalco's question would've been "James, you sat out the first two games but faced some shots early, was it good to see the puck a lot early on in order to really get a feel for the speed of the game after such a weird offseason and taking all this time off? Did it feel good to make some saves early and sort of help settle you in and help you get back in the swing of things, especially compared to the alternative of not seeing the puck and sort of being on edge, maybe getting a little nervous and wondering when you were going to be called on to make a save?"

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I might put money on Svechnikov being in the Top 10 on a hypothetical list of players to start a franchise with by the end of the season. He can not only shoot and pass, but GMs love the type of physicality and compete he plays with, in that body type. He is going to be, or perhaps already is, a premier complete player in this league.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Chip just asked Reimer in the post game conference: “James, you sat out the first two games but faced some shots early, was it good to see the puck a lot early on?”

What is the point of this?

He needs a specific quote (or a related one) to put in the article he's going to write. Unless he decides to do an article on NC state instead.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I might put money on Svechnikov being in the Top 10 on a hypothetical list of players to start a franchise with by the end of the season. He can not only shoot and pass, but GMs love the type of physicality and compete he plays with, in that body type. He is going to be, or perhaps already is, a premier complete player in this league.

There isn’t another winger in this league I’d take over him going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad