Pre-Game Talk: Canes at Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
@goldieonice: 20 27 24, 14 67 19, 17 73 42, 21 23 12. 7 51, 4 44, 47 55. #FlaPanthers tonight vs Carolina @thebbtcenter 7:30. Foxsportsflorida.

20 27 24,
14 67 19,
17 73 42,
21 23 12.

7 51,
4 44,
47 55

Looks like no Gilbert per Goldie, Guddy returns as well.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers D Tom Gilbert out for season after having sports hernia surgery on Thursday morning in Philly...

There ya go. Gilbert done for the season.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers D Tom Gilbert out for season after having sports hernia surgery on Thursday morning in Philly...

More like done as a Panther :naughty:

Glad to see Gudbranson is back, sorely needs to get as much ice time as he can. This is a great chance for these young guys to soak in the experience. I know the forwards are reveling in it and Luongo is giving them confidence.

Can we also please re-sign Winchester already? It can't possibly cost that much.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
So torn between wanting to see our young guys kill it and win or optimize our draft positiion by losing. I guess being last doesn't matter (i.e. last friggin' year). Second to last is a good spot because you pretty much locked the second overall with a good chance of getting the 1st overall. I don't care if we finish 3rd worst either. Reinhart, Bennet or Ekblad would be a solid addition moving forward. I really hate Carolina, so I hope we win I guess.. I DON'T KNOW. I HATE THIS FEELING BEFORE WATCHING!!

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
So torn between wanting to see our young guys kill it and win or optimize our draft positiion by losing. I guess being last doesn't matter (i.e. last friggin' year). Second to last is a good spot because you pretty much locked the second overall with a good chance of getting the 1st overall. I don't care if we finish 3rd worst either. Reinhart, Bennet or Ekblad would be a solid addition moving forward. I really hate Carolina, so I hope we win I guess.. I DON'T KNOW. I HATE THIS FEELING BEFORE WATCHING!!

I would be really surprised if we didnt end up in the 27th spot, Oilers might not wn any more matches just look at their schedule, islanders got 6 back to back games left and are playing us.

Standings
27th Islanders 65p (72 GP)
28th Panthers 62p (73 GP)
29th Oilers 59p (73 GP)

Oilers remaining schedule
Ducks
Rangers
@Sharks (Back to back)
@Ducks (Back to back)
@Coyotes
Ducks
Avs
Kings
Nucks

Panthers remaining schedule
Canes
Canadiens
@Devils (Back to back)
@Islanders (Back to back)
Stars
Flyers
Leafs
Blue Jackets

Islanders remaining schedule
@Lightnings
Devils
Panthers (Back to back)
@Sens (Back to back)
Caps (Back to back)
@Blue jackets (Back to back)
Sens
@Canadiens (Back to back)
@Devils (Back to back)
@Sabres

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
george richards says we're wearing our away/white jerseys tonight. carolina wearing their alternates. thats…odd. one of the few times i get to wear my away jersey, I've been to 5 away games (2 in tampa) so other than that my white jersey doesn't get too much loving :P

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Ya, there's no way we're ending up in 29th. We'll be in 28th by season's end most likely.. Probably yet ANOTHER 3rd overall.

2010 - Gudbranson
2011 - Huberdeau
2014 - Bennett*

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

Probably had the hernia on purpose so he didn't have to play with Jovo any more.

CoolburnIsGone

Apparently he was dealing with the injury for some time now and trying to just "rehab" it without surgery. Gives me the impression that is why he wasnt traded at the deadline either since there's no way he would've passed another team's physical eval to complete a trade.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Looking forward to Kulikov being paired with Campbell. Kulikov deserves those minutes with his play in the 2nd half. Yeah he hasn't been as good as he probably could be, but he has improved for sure.

That said, I do not know who should play point with Campbell. Kulikov isn't a bad choice for his defensive abilities to keep the puck in, but he does not have a booming slapshot. How Flash got back there, I'll never know, he can't defend and can't take a slapshot. This team is still missing its Garrison. If one of the young guys could ever come through, that'd be nice.

Erick*

I really hope that Guds and Olsen find the chemistry that they originally had. That would be the best thing that could happen in the last games of this disappointing season.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Called 3-2 Panthers last game (I said OT, but whatever, they should have scored on that PP). Going for back to back correct predictions, I'll say 4-2 Panthers.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
do-not-care.gif

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Pretty much the only reason I'm still watching games is to see Loungo play on the Panthers again after all these years. If the deal was in fact a pure PR move, it has worked wonderfully.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Young guns getting valuable experience and Luongo playing to an elite level is still worth watching for me. We will get a good look at Skinner which I have a hard time figuring out why he would be on the Canes trade block?

Flash
2014 1st round pick

would probably get the conversation going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad