Rumor: Canes and Knights interested in Zucker

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think he'll get Fabbro, 1st in 2019, conditional 2nd in 2020 (becomes a first if Nashville resigns Stone or win the cup).

Maybe Hartman instead of the 2nd, but I don't think Nashville wants to substract from their roster.
That will be tough for OTT, but i don't know that i want to be in the position of paying Stone 9M/yr, either. He is a good player, but not elite, and that is elite money.

Anyway, should probably keep this to Zucker talk.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
You mean the guy that hasn't played in 2 1/2 months and is still top 10 in goals, or the current top 20 scoring defenseman with really good advanced stats?
they both have 12 goals .... what are you saying? Also advanced stats don't show everything

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
id be a little nervous to target Fabbro if I were the Sens. He will be a senior next season and may not like the chaos in Ottawa and just choose to play that final year at BU and be a UFA.

If Nashville is not trading Tolvanen, that is the obvious target.

I think he'll see it as a team with PLENTY of room to get ice time fast at the NHL level and make NHL money fast. That is a good thing for a player. His odds of making it to the NHL in Ottawa are better than in Nashville, to put it mildly.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
they both have 12 goals .... what are you saying? Also advanced stats don't show everything

That Dumba's 12 goals is still ranked in the top 10. And Spurgeon's 37 points currently puts him in the top 20.

When the advanced back up the eye test, then they show everything they need to.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
They haven’t even made it close to coming out of the 2nd round :laugh:
Read the post #ReadingComorehensionisyourfriend And they’ve been close. Only 5 other teams have the playoff streak Minnesota does.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Not sure if our right handed defensemen is the hill you want to die on as your argument for us overrating our players. But you do you.
I mean it's true, but you can keep overrating your players.... you do you

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
That will be tough for OTT, but i don't know that i want to be in the position of paying Stone 9M/yr, either. He is a good player, but not elite, and that is elite money.

Anyway, should probably keep this to Zucker talk.

Stone is elite. He is a star, a difference maker, and he is 26 y old. These 9 millions are 9 millions well spent.

To go back to Zucker, I think Fenton is targeting Fiala. I guess we'll see!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Read the post #ReadingComorehensionisyourfriend And they’ve been close. Only 5 other teams have the playoff streak Minnesota does.

Sorry, bowing out in the first round every year doesn’t make a team top 5. No one cares if you keep making it and losing.

And no, they haven’t been close. Twice in the 2nd round and only won two games total.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
If Nashville is not trading Tolvanen, that is the obvious target.

I think he'll see it as a team with PLENTY of room to get ice time fast at the NHL level and make NHL money fast. That is a good thing for a player. His odds of making it to the NHL in Ottawa are better than in Nashville, to put it mildly.

I agree his icetime would look way better in Ottawa than Nashville... also his icetime would be guaranteed around the league and he could pick and choose where he wants to go if he waits one more year. I totally get what you are saying but Id just be terrified having him as the main piece coming back to me when trading Stone is all

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Stone is elite. He is a star, a difference maker, and he is 26 y old. These 9 millions are 9 millions well spent.

To go back to Zucker, I think Fenton is targeting Fiala. I guess we'll see!
A winger who has never scored 30 goals in a year is not my idea of elite. Also, a guy who has his best year as he hits UFA makes me suspicious as hell. Again, I am thrilled that my team isn't looking to sign him.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
That rumour lasted about 2 minutes haha. Everyone that said it now saying it's not happening

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad