Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
11 in a row?

stranger-things-eleven.gif

Mind blown

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The scars of the past run too deep. No amount of winning will change that.

that's dumb. The scars of the past are from a totally different front office and coach, at a time when they were bottom of the league in spending.

Trust me, as a life long Chicago Cubs fan and life long Green Bay packer's fan, I know about scars of the past and how quickly they heal.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Seek help. They’ve won 10 games in a row.
My
I mean, we're still taking dumb penalties. It's just instead of Trocheck and Cole, it's KK and DeHann.

Or it's a bench penalty, which is a team dumb penalty.
CDH has 7 minor penalties in 30 games … and I know he for sure had 2 in one game recently.

So 5 minors in 29 games.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
*Tom Dundon, Borg, HCRBA, Canes staff and doctors, and every Canes player that laces it up, hurt or not, night in and night out, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. It's not a Cup (yet), but you've kept our franchise here in Raleigh, made it fun as hell to be a fan, and made other fanbases hate us cuz they ain't us. Finally, Buffalo Sabers suck. They didn't do anything but anytime is a good time to point that out.

*This post brought to you by commas, the letter W, and the numbers 11 and 17.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
that's dumb. The scars of the past are from a totally different front office and coach, at a time when they were bottom of the league in spending.

Trust me, as a life long Chicago Cubs fan and life long Green Bay packer's fan, I know about scars of the past and how quickly they heal.

math-meme-math-is-math-meme.gif

The Canes are the Canes! :laugh:

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I like how you assume the guy that's had injury troubles his entire career isn't just injured, but rather he's out because "he doesn't want to play"
Totally off this topic but tied to your job. I was watching a game the other night (Dallas maybe) in which for each player they showed a graphic on the screen with their shootout goals/attempts/%.

Can't the Canes production do that too?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Totally off this topic but tied to your job. I was watching a game the other night (Dallas maybe) in which for each player they showed a graphic on the screen with their shootout goals/attempts/%.

Can't the Canes production do that too?

What we put on screen is entirely dependant on what the producer wants. The Canes haven't been part of a lot of shootouts, but from what I remember, they don't take anything in the shootouts. Maybe tags over the player, but it's rare.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina

Wait, what? :huh: One of these things is not like the other. . .

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Wait, what? :huh: One of these things is not like the other. . .
Not really. Most of the kids I grew up with were Packers and Cubs fans. I grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan but just a few blocks from Wisconsin. My Mom was from Wisconsin and my Dad from MI. I lived just under 2 hours from Green Bay and 4.5 hours from Chicago but almost 10 hours from Detroit. Most were Packer's fans and either Cubs or Brewers fans. There was the few oddballs that were Lions and Tiger's fans, but Detroit was 10 hours away so proximity wise, the Packers, Brewers and Cubs were the closest teams.

My Dad was a diehard Cubs fan so I became a Cubs fan. Also, the only baseball we got to see as kids was WGN on cable with the Cubs so it only re-enforced it.

EDIT: and my brother and I had our own "sandlot" experience. We needed a baseball one day so played one day with my Dad's baseball which was signed by all the 69 Cubs, including Ernie Banks. He, thankfully, didn't get mad. I often wonder what happened with that ball.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Not really. Most of the kids I grew up with were Packers and Cubs fans. I grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan but just a few blocks from Wisconsin. My Mom was from Wisconsin and my Dad from MI. I lived just under 2 hours from Green Bay and 4.5 hours from Chicago but almost 10 hours from Detroit. Most were Packer's fans and either Cubs or Brewers fans. There was the few oddballs that were Lions and Tiger's fans, but Detroit was 10 hours away so proximity wise, the Packers, Brewers and Cubs were the closest teams.

My Dad was a diehard Cubs fan so I became a Cubs fan. Also, the only baseball we got to see as kids was WGN on cable with the Cubs so it only re-enforced it.

EDIT: and my brother and I had our own "sandlot" experience. We needed a baseball one day so played one day with my Dad's baseball which was signed by all the 69 Cubs, including Ernie Banks. He, thankfully, didn't get mad. I often wonder what happened with that ball.

What I was questioning was the huge difference between the history of those 2 franchises with respect to winning and scars. GB has more NFL championships than any other team. The Cubs were almost the epitome of losing (across all sports) for most of our lifetimes.

I certainly don't question being a fan of any 2 teams from different areas. Growing up, my favorite teams were the Packers, Celtics, SF Giants, and Canadiens (wasn't a hockey fan, only watched the Stanley Cup).

edit: :eek2: as far as that Cubs signed baseball, lol

Last edited:

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
What I was questioning was the huge difference between the history of those 2 franchises with respect to winning and scars. GB has more NFL championships than any other team. The Cubs were almost the epitome of losing (across all sports) for most of our lifetimes.

I certainly don't question being a fan of any 2 teams from different areas. Growing up, my favorite teams were the Packers, Celtics, SF Giants, and Canadiens (wasn't a hockey fan, only watched the Stanley Cup).

Yes, but if you're a certain age (like me and I believe BBA), when you were a kid the Packers sucked. Capital-S Sucked. There were some fun offensive years in the early-to-mid 80s when Lynn Dickey was the QB, but from a surprise playoff appearance in '72 until they got good with Favre, there was a whole lot of misery and mediocrity.

(Which, admittedly, doesn't compare to the Cubs generations of loss during the 20th century.)

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006

I think you are missing that it was about the timeframe of fandom when it comes to the Packers.

I wasn't born or was too young to remember the glory days of NFL championships. I grew up when the Packers absolutely stunk. From 1968 to 1993, the Packer's made the playoffs only 2 times. We forget that now with the success once Favre and Rodger's arrived, but it was absolutely abysmal before that. So 26 years, 2 playoffs which is what I'm referring to. The Cubs had zero playoffs until 84 and 89.

So throughout my childhood and into my 20s, the two teams I followed the most had only 4 playoff appearances in ~25 years.

That's what I'm referring to when I say I know all too well about the scars of losing. I was almost 30 before one of those teams, the Packers, finally won a championship.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I think you are missing that it was about the timeframe of fandom when it comes to the Packers.

I wasn't born or was too young to remember the glory days of NFL championships. I grew up when the Packers absolutely stunk. From 1968 to 1993, the Packer's made the playoffs only 2 times. We forget that now with the success once Favre and Rodger's arrived, but it was absolutely abysmal before that. So 26 years, 2 playoffs which is what I'm referring to. The Cubs had zero playoffs until 84 and 89.

So throughout my childhood and into my 20s, the two teams I followed the most had only 2-3 playoff appearances in ~25 years.

That's what I'm referring to when I say I know all too well about the scars of losing. I was almost 30 before one of those teams, the Packers, finally won a championship.

Gotcha. Still sounds funny to hear the two lumped together with respect to losing, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad