GDT: CandyCanes vs Wings

TVR?

• Total voters

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
I get not wanting to mess with the lines all of the time, but I'd like to see them messed with to get them more balanced and get a couple of guys going that either haven't looked good, or have been stuck with dead weight.

Aho has looked pretty great, so I don't think we absolutely have to keep his line together. I get if you don't want to mess with his TT chemistry, but I think Ferland can be moved around without harming that. Svech needs to play with better players, period. I'm fine with keeping him with Wallmark, as that's our best center option for now in that part of the lineup, but put a better winger opposite him. McGinn and Zykov may not be the be all, end all, but they've both shown better than this in the past, so it'd be nice to get at least one of them on another line. Give them better opportunities until one of them finds their game.

Foegele - Aho - TT (I think Foegele can reasonably fill the type of disturber role that is helpful to Finns and has that killer speed)
McGinn - Staal - Williams (It'd be nice if this could get McGinn going, but worst case, hope he doesn't kill the line)
Ferland - Wallmark- Svech (Puts Wallmark and Svech in a better position to succeed having a solid vet on the line)
Martinook - Bishop - Zykov (Leftovers)

It's not perfect, but it might give us a chance to have 3 lines that are decent as opposed to the two we have right now.

So a fringe NHLer on our top line. No thanks.

Reactions: Tryamw

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It's not an exaggeration to say that the season lies on tonight's game.

Win, and we'll be back to our winning ways. Lose, and we might as well throw in the towel.

This is a reasonable take, based on how they've played thus far this year, the organization's history, and the fact that the hockey gods enjoy ****ing with the Canes fanbase. Sarcasm, if anyone missed it.

You say it's sarcasm, but you know damn well that if they lose to the Wings tonight, this board will go off the deep end.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
I once was a rational man of science.

Then I started to HF.

Now I feel like a late monkey to the party in the experiment where a group of monkeys are in a cage where there's bananas hanging from the ceiling and a stack of crate to climb at them, but every time any monkey tries it, everyone get spayed with cold water. So the monkeys will starts jumping at any monkey that attempt to reach the bananas and no monkey will do it. Then they start one by one switching the monkeys to new monkeys. Even after every original monkey is substituted by a new monkey that never got sprayed cold water on himself, the group will still violently stop any monkey reaching for the bananas.

Cold Monkey No Banana pretty much describes this franchise for years now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad