• Kevin Schneider

• Brett Harpur

• Igor Shesticles

Results are only viewable after voting.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Yeah Miller is a good defenseman. Nowhere close to an elite "he'll steal Norris votes from Fox" level D but a good defenseman. And he probably would look better with Fox or Schneider but Lindgren-Trouba and Harpur-Trouba would offer close to no offense.
He looked like a Norris candidate yesterday.

No one will win the Norris without being on PP1, or the PP in general.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
He looked like a Norris candidate yesterday.

No one will win the Norris without being on PP1, or the PP in general.
No he didnt. He had some boneheaded plays as well with one ending up in our net by leaving his man down low so trouba had to defend a 2on1.

He was good, but i think the goal he scored is making some believe he was better than he was.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
No he didnt. He had some boneheaded plays as well with one ending up in our net by leaving his man down low so trouba had to defend a 2on1.

He was good, but i think the goal he scored is making some believe he was better than he was.
Fox makes the same exact play all the time. It's how they play. That goal is not on KAM.

KAM has been playing at a high level for a while now. If he had a competent partner, it'd be even more noticeable.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I just keep on shaking my head watching this team this season.

Coming into the season, I had high expectations. I knew there would be highs and lows, every season has those, but I wasn't expecting the lows to be so low (the Edmonton loss at the garden, pretty closely followed up by the loss to Ottawa and then the Chicago debacle). What concerned me about that stretch was that the team seemed to have lost it's fight and compete level in those games, which was something we really didn;t see in the previous season.

This game felt like last season for me with the way they fought back and played hard on their home ice. Igor making the huge saves when they needed them most, the crowd with the Igor chant, Troubs with the physical play. It was great to see.
MSG was ROCKING last night. It was great.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Fox makes the same exact play all the time. It's how they play. That goal is not on KAM.

KAM has been playing at a high level for a while now. If he had a competent partner, it'd be even more noticeable.

No fox doesnt. Kam was caught in no mans land. U even see his body language and the way he was moving that he was unsure where to go.

Fox doesnt do that. Like ever.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
No fox doesnt. Kam was caught in no mans land. U even see his body language and the way he was moving that he was unsure where to go.

Fox doesnt do that. Like ever.
Yes. Fox does. He even does/did it on the PK.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
He looks clueless as where to be on the pk? Thats news to me.

Kam didnt know where to go, he stuttered and committed way to late to close the gap on the puck carrier while simultaneously leaving his man. If u leave your man u need to close the puck carrier much faster so they cant make the play.

And comparing even strength play to PK is just crazy to begin with as u already are scrambling some because u are a man short, so somebody is always open.

Miller f***ed up. Its ok, be he did. And he does it often. He is lucky to have his speed and reach to negate it most of the time. He just needs time to make reads quicker hopefully. But im not convinced he ever will.

But he did have overall a strong game last night. But definitely not Norris worth performance.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Great win.

Pours water on the sky is falling crowd who tell us everyday that this team is going nowhere.

All they're left with is nitpicking, today.

Don't feel bad for them. After the next loss, they'll spend the whole thread explaining that the coach and the team is shit and they'll feel whole, once again..

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Great win.

Pours water on the sky is falling crowd who tell us everyday that this team is going nowhere.

Don't feel bad for them. After the next loss, they'll spend the whole thread explaining that the coach and the team is shit and they'll feel whole, once again..

This guy talking to the clouds is one of my favorite things about a PGT.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Great win.

It was a great win. we played hard, battled and the game itself had great pace and lots of action. Hopefully it springboards to a 10 game winning streak!

Very impressedwith them last night. The talent is there and has been all season. We just underperformed for a good amount of time this year. Hopefully that is changing now that the games are getting more intense.

Gallant still sucks though and needs to be replaced in the offseason. 😋

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
KAM is a special talent
He really is, and will be super special. I pay VERY close attention to him and honestly thought he was having a bad night through mid game. He got better, and was a huge threat offensively, which more than made up for a couple gaffes.

We also broke Anaheim's lack of regulation win streak too :)
don't forget Sharks road winless streak early on in season. we were horrific that night.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
weird game.

4 super flukey goals

2 for each side.

officiating was horrendous again. Am i allowed to complain about a call against the other team? Lets just say if that happened to us Id be pulling my hair out
They have every reason to be upset about that broken stick call, and in all fairness didn't want them to call it. Pathetic, ruined 2 minutes of 2:45 left for Canes possibly tying it, and making me sweat. Home town call? Rarely happens FOR us, so I guess we will take it. Again, rarely.

And it really was a very weird game. Think Raanta would have played a better game, he's been hot. We lucked out with Kotchetkov. Shesty wasn't exactly "fortunate" on a couple and 3rd one was screened, or at least I think he couldn't see it with bodies flying all over.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
We've left points on the table against bottom feeders, but this team has played their best hockey against the top teams in the conference. Encouraging sign that theyve matched up so well.
Let's hope they got most of their bad games out of their system, including the 0-4 shutout by the Capitals.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Wasn't the Chytil deflection their 3rd goal, not 2nd?

Edit: Confirmed. It was Carolina's 3rd goal. Looks like Vesey and Chytil lost the puck battle on the wall, the puck squirted out and ends up with Chatfield at the right point. Laf goes to Chatfield while Chytil covers the middle area and deflects the puck on its way to Shesty.

Comments? Thoughts? Put it in the Chat field.
giphy (1).gif

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Very exciting game last night. At times incredibly frustrating, but they kept battling back.

Really liked seeing the phyiscal play when the game was at its height. Gave it a playoff atmosphere.

Weird game for Trouba. I felt like he was on the ice for every goal against, yet he himself scored a goal and an assist. His hit on Svechnikov was a thing of beauty. Its a part of his game that i feel like we don't always see but when he does engage like that its usually a highlight reel. Just don't understand what is going on with the defensive lapses we continue to see from him. Have to figure that out.

Really happy to see Chytil get 2 points last night. He hasn't scored since the he got crunched in the game vs the Hawks. When he scored on his own net, i was think damn...That's a confidence killer for this kid. Rangers need to him to play the way we all know he can.

Kakko played another very strong game. Almost scored again but got the helper on the other play. I love the way he plays with the big line. I think these guys are perfect for him. Please, Gallanty please keep #24 up there. He's earning it.

Despite being outshot, the Canes really created a lot of offense. They have such a good counter attack. They look like a really strong team. Fast, with a lot of skill. I think they might get hurt in the playoff when the games will get heavy.

Igor despite letting up 3 made some reallly huge stops for the team. I thought he was exccellent when he needed to be.

Ben Harpur I didn't think you had it in you!

Reactions: egelband

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

Every defenseman screws up. Fox does it less than Miller who does it less than Trouba.

Reactions: egelband

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
This guy talking to the clouds is one of my favorite things about a PGT.
lol, it's a funny picture you painted! But there are folks rooting hard for losses in the GDT so that GG gets fired, Drury is fired, Dolan will sell the team and we can finally bring in good personnel, whoever that might be who will play the kids on PP1. I mean really, if we win the cup some will be lamenting how that sets us even further back now.

Kids are all right! Miller is back to being a difference maker, Kakko looks great making shit happen, Kravtsov is getting scoring chances and some points, and Chytil needs to once again round into form post-injury. We're a physical team and like number 1 in offensive zone possession time at 5 on 5 (I think it's actually 'controlling the puck in the O zone', not a corsi or xGF stat- Tampa broadcast mentioned it), we wear opponents down when we're playing our game. Plenty of work to do but that's a recipe for playoff success

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Ben Harpur I didn't think you had it in you!

Wasn't paying such close attention at that moment in the game so I thought that was Schneider until this very moment thanks Sam. He also calls Kravtsov Kakko and Kakko he calls Kravtsov an awful lot. Not even able to catch it in time for the 'excuse me' anymore, and Joe just lets it go mostly except for mistakes on goals- he needs to choose his instances as doesn't want to correct him 12 times a game.

Reactions: Lion Hound

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Wasn't paying such close attention at that moment in the game so I thought that was Schneider until this very moment thanks Sam. He also calls Kravtsov Kakko and Kakko he calls Kravtsov an awful lot. Not even able to catch it in time for the 'excuse me' anymore, and Joe just lets it go mostly except for mistakes on goals- he needs to choose his instances as doesn't want to correct him 12 times a game.

Sam is getting worse and worse with that. On the play Kravtsov assisted on I thought it was Kakko. I think Sam even mentioned that. At the end of the game I looked up the box score and saw Kakko only had one point. Was thinking that was a mistake untill i watched the play again on video.

Also with about 4 minutes to so I thought Sam said something about the Rangers defeat the Canes? Was I hearing things or did he mess that up too?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
All that ground the Devils had on us early on, and now we are knocking on their back door like an overly-ambitious boyfriend on prom night.
I ran into an older article that had said the Rangers were 12pts behind the Devils and only 3 behind the Canes. That obviously was before Canes winning streak and at the height of the Devils early season success. Teams literally switched places and we're about the same and gaining ground now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad