• K'Andre Millers

• Kevin Schneider

• Brett Harpur

• Igor Shesticles

Results are only viewable after voting.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
It was a great win. we played hard, battled and the game itself had great pace and lots of action. Hopefully it springboards to a 10 game winning streak!

Very impressedwith them last night. The talent is there and has been all season. We just underperformed for a good amount of time this year. Hopefully that is changing now that the games are getting more intense.

Gallant still sucks though and needs to be replaced in the offseason. 😋
The coach who won more games in 2022 than all but one other Ranger coach (ties record I think) in a calendar year. Yeah he sucks.

• Haha
Reactions: ncdoc and leetch99

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
lol, it's a funny picture you painted! But there are folks rooting hard for losses in the GDT so that GG gets fired, Drury is fired, Dolan will sell the team and we can finally bring in good personnel, whoever that might be who will play the kids on PP1. I mean really, if we win the cup some will be lamenting how that sets us even further back now.

Kids are all right! Miller is back to being a difference maker, Kakko looks great making shit happen, Kravtsov is getting scoring chances and some points, and Chytil needs to once again round into form post-injury. We're a physical team and like number 1 in offensive zone possession time at 5 on 5 (I think it's actually 'controlling the puck in the O zone', not a corsi or xGF stat- Tampa broadcast mentioned it), we wear opponents down when we're playing our game. Plenty of work to do but that's a recipe for playoff success

There isn't anyone on this board who doesn't want the Rangers to succeed. Maybe a very few, a troll or two, but everyone knows who that is and it's not who this poster was referring to.

There may be people who think varying degrees of things along the lines of, the team needs more talent, the team needs to draft high, the team needs a new coach, and therefore they may not want the team to limp along, incapable of winning a Championship team but just good enough to stick with the status quo.

If you are of that belief, there's nothing wrong with hoping the team undergoes whatever metamorphosis it needs to get to it's end goal.

If you don't agree, then debate the point, but it's easier to just slander everyone with "you guys aren't real fans, you are rooting for losses."

Nobody here truly roots against the Rangers. Hence, it's fun watching this guy yell at clouds.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Sometimes I swear to God you guys are watching a different game then I am. KAD was possibly our worst player the first 2 periods, costing us a goal pretty much on his own and some additional sloppy play. So what if he made one great play. Lindgren was our best Dman followed by Fox and they were night and day beter than KAD . AND I love KAD's game but tonight overall he wasn't a star. Lindgren was.
Loving Lindy's game solid defensively as usual, but a light went ON offensively. Been pinching great, carrying the puck deep and around the net, just making solid decisions. I would swear I saw him make TWO centering passes right in front of their goal that were missed by ......I think Chytil, and maybe Zibby? Or, was it Kreider?
Pucks that went right on through, touched by nobody.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Basically. The most important thing is he is enabling Schneider to go on offense. Provides some physicality and quietly snuffs out plays along the boards.
I agree. If you really think about it.......He really balances out the d corps.
Every pairing has supposedly solid "D" first players (Harpur, Lindgren and Trouba) Give or take.
And their partners quite a bit more offensively gifted along with more than decent def.
(Fox, KAM and an oozing with confidence Schneiderman.) Give or take.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yes, he was benched for a while because he was on for some goals against and deflected a puck past Shesty. He didn't have a particularly good game.
I know you didn't bench him, but if I were GG, I would be very careful about benching a budding Chytil. I know it was just a message, but Filip has been great lately and we need him to feel good about himself. He seems to be a very sensitive kind of guy.
Yeah I know, its the big leagues and he's not 19 anymore, but nevertheless.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I want to see Rydahl.
Oh yeah, lets ruin him too. There is a reason there are leagues below the NHL.
There are reasons that some teams allow players to "be NHL ready" before playing in the NHL, teams that don't have that major "pressure" of icing a team that better win, and better win NOW.
Seriously......this is the fastest rebuild in history. And all because we didn't want to "waste" precious years from the Panarin's, Kreider's and Zibanejad's, oh and lets not forget our precious Captain.
If ANY of our kids don't turn out to be "polished NHLers", the Rangers have nobody to blame but themselves. They probably will, but suppose it takes longer. We all know they rushed things, and I suppose I am good with that.
Btw, Foxy notwithstanding. HE was a polished product.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Miller went to the wall to help out, which was why Tuba was left alone. Again, Chytil (and Laf) lost the puck battle on the wall and at the point. Canes excel at board battles, and we were one step behind the whole 1st period.
We were 1 step behind and said exactly that. I yelled get your head out of your asses and wTFup! I'm sure they got ripped in between. Because it didn't seem like the same team in the 2nd, that we watched in the 1st. That thing called MO. What was also frustrating was that when we tied it 2-2, I again yelled.......NOW, don't allow them to do that again! They just finished showing the goal replay, cameras missed the center FO, the puck was in our zone instantaneously, bing bang boom......happened again. I went berserk!

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
This guy talking to the clouds is one of my favorite things about a PGT.
You are a major part of the clouds I was talking about. That's why you felt compelled to reply.

It was a great win. we played hard, battled and the game itself had great pace and lots of action. Hopefully it springboards to a 10 game winning streak!

Very impressedwith them last night. The talent is there and has been all season. We just underperformed for a good amount of time this year. Hopefully that is changing now that the games are getting more intense.

Gallant still sucks though and needs to be replaced in the offseason. 😋
Why does Galant have to be replaced?

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
We were 1 step behind and said exactly that. I yelled get your head out of your asses and wTFup! I'm sure they got ripped in between. Because it didn't seem like the same team in the 2nd, that we watched in the 1st. That thing called MO. What was also frustrating was that when we tied it 2-2, I again yelled.......NOW, don't allow them to do that again! They just finished showing the goal replay, cameras missed the center FO, the puck was in our zone instantaneously, bing bang boom......happened again. I went berserk!

I went to the Vanda Pharmaceuticals website and signed up for their motion sickness study. Because I was both emotionally and motionally sick.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
You are a major part of the clouds I was talking about. That's why you felt compelled to reply.

Why does Galant have to be replaced?
Bc i think he is a shitty coach, i dont think he maximizes the players potential, and i think he is too much of a players coach and not enough of a strategy coach.

I can completely see why florida and vegas let go of him so fast.

This team just does not play with any structure.

But i never actively root against the team. Hell i hate when this team loses and would rather win when we dont deserve too rather than losing when we do deserve to win.

I thoroughly enjoyed last year, and for the most part i do like this year.

Doesnt mean i dont think this team can be better( we can be) or that we could find a better coach (we can and should).

If we win a cup i will be estatic. And i will still think that Gallant is a pretty shitty coach. This team has enormous amounts of talent and potential. I just dont see gallant getting the most of it.

I kean yeah gallant is better than Quinn. But thats not saying much. If Rod the bod coached this team i think we would be up by Boston. Bc we have that much talent.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
MSG was ROCKING last night. It was great.
Seemed like they "wanted to" rock, but every time we scored and tied it, the Canes had other ideas about keeping the crowd on "mute". When we tied it for the 3rd time, and more importantly STAYED TIED for a bit, is when I finally heard a "Lets GO Rangers" chant. And from then on......it was game on!

The coach who won more games in 2022 than all but one other Ranger coach (ties record I think) in a calendar year. Yeah he sucks.
I think @Ruggs225 used the wrong emoji. Should have been this :sarcasm: (sarcasm) I know it very well.

upon further review, maybe he wasn't kidding. I actually do kind of agree that he seems very much like a players coach. Honestly, I would prefer a tougher coach, but "for all we know" he is NAILS in the locker room and does a good job being two faced and smiles phoney smiles to the media and fans.

Last edited:

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Well played. I like the pun.

I don't remember the sequence that led Chytil to the point with Chatfield, so I'll just leave it. But in hockey, players have to play out of position sometimes, many times. It's a fluid game.
It's a fluid game, but the Rangers zone system is specific. My initial thought was that Laffy was too aggressive but from a zone system pov that D-man was in his, Laffy's, LW zone. It was Chytil who was improvising and the defense broke down. I think both Fil and Laffy thought they had a breakout going so they went into offensive mode, but then the Canes won the board battle... Sh*t happens, d zone positioning is one of the flaws in Fil's game and the C position in a zone system is probably the most difficult to get consistently right.

Reactions: egelband

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
MSG dulls out the on ice sounds and the crowd so it sounds like the Nightly News Broadcast with Sam and Joe. Do we know why they insist on doing this??

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Loving Lindy's game solid defensively as usual, but a light went ON offensively. Been pinching great, carrying the puck deep and around the net, just making solid decisions. I would swear I saw him make TWO centering passes right in front of their goal that were missed by ......I think Chytil, and maybe Zibby? Or, was it Kreider?
Pucks that went right on through, touched by nobody.
Chytil was one and Kreider was the other. I like the Dman going deep as it makes things more unpredictable to defend against. He did that very well the other night .

Reactions: Larrybiv

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Bc i think he is a shitty coach, i dont think he maximizes the players potential, and i think he is too much of a players coach and not enough of a strategy coach.

But i never actively root against the team. Hell i hate when this team loses and would rather win when we dont deserve too rather than losing when we do deserve to win.

Doesnt mean i dont think this team can be better( we can be) or that we could find a better coach (we can and should).

If we win a cup i will be estatic. And i will still think that Gallant is a pretty shitty coach. This team has enormous amounts of talent and potential. I just dont see gallant getting the most of it.

I kean yeah gallant is better than Quinn. But thats not saying much. If Rod the bod coached this team i think we would be up by Boston. Bc we have that much talent.
Gallant is an interesting case study. In the first period last night we were outclassed and outcoached. Low and behold we got better as the game went on, which means we made adjustments. Against the hottest team in the league. A shitty coach probably doesn't do that.

Now I need to say that I absolutely hate his lack of structure and undying faith for the "core". Drives me up the wall at times as everyone as seen with my "important mins for the kids" posts.

I think he does get a lot out of this team, more than he gets credit for. I get the sense the guys "would run through a wall" kind of deal.

He seems like a likable guy. His interviews are usually pretty good and add substance to the one, two sentence tweets that drive us crazy.

I can't really put my finger on it but whatever he does, or doesn't as some would say, it does win games. And it does drive the fans crazy. Maybe that's what a good player's coach is. Not sure I've ever seen one in my 30 years of Rangers hockey.

ncdoc

Oct 10, 2015
I used to be able to listen to Forslund.

This Maniscalco hack is just plain awful and allows Tripp Tracy to become even worse. They are so bad that watching Hurricanes games in general is brutal.

I’ve figured out a work around to get the MSG feed.
I feel you there, Tripp has his moments of praising the other team but has gotten worse now!

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
It's a fluid game, but the Rangers zone system is specific. My initial thought was that Laffy was too aggressive but from a zone system pov that D-man was in his, Laffy's, LW zone. It was Chytil who was improvising and the defense broke down. I think both Fil and Laffy thought they had a breakout going so they went into offensive mode, but then the Canes won the board battle... Sh*t happens, d zone positioning is one of the flaws in Fil's game and the C position in a zone system is probably the most difficult to get consistently right.
That seems reasonable and i'd add that sitting Fil after a couple defensive blunders - as long as it's handled in a constructive manner - is absolutely fine. these can be learning moments too. Same for Laf getting to watch a game from the press box recently. Many assume it's all fire and brimstone but it could also be taken in a positive light.

ncdoc

Oct 10, 2015
There isn't anyone on this board who doesn't want the Rangers to succeed. Maybe a very few, a troll or two, but everyone knows who that is and it's not who this poster was referring to.

There may be people who think varying degrees of things along the lines of, the team needs more talent, the team needs to draft high, the team needs a new coach, and therefore they may not want the team to limp along, incapable of winning a Championship team but just good enough to stick with the status quo.

If you are of that belief, there's nothing wrong with hoping the team undergoes whatever metamorphosis it needs to get to it's end goal.

If you don't agree, then debate the point, but it's easier to just slander everyone with "you guys aren't real fans, you are rooting for losses."

Nobody here truly roots against the Rangers. Hence, it's fun watching this guy yell at clouds.
It is just difficult when people act like the sky is falling when we are down 1-0 after 8 min (not talking about you). Criticism and analysis are great, but there are just too many people trashing this team when they are playing well and are going to improve. Perfect? Far from it, and I wish we had better. I enjoy your posts because they detail what you are thinking, even if I don't agree with you. Just seems like there are way too many doom and gloom posts in every GDT.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

If you believe Gallant is a shitty coach, you must believe that the Rangers have the best personnel in the league and that with a good coach they would have won the Cup last season. Otherwise, I'm not sure how you reached your conclusion.

The average term of an NHL coach is 2.4 years, so Gallant's time with a team is pretty average.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
If you believe Gallant is a shitty coach, you must believe that the Rangers have the best personnel in the league and that with a good coach they would have won the Cup last season. Otherwise, I'm not sure how you reached your conclusion.

The average term of an NHL coach is 2.4 years, so Gallant's time with a team is pretty average.

Shesterkins almost historic year was easily the biggest reason they did anything last year.

Not to mention we also have a nortis dman, a hart worthy forward and a top 10 center in the league. So yes we have great personell to build around.

And having to play two third string goalies and having crosby injured also let them Get to the finals.

Its not like we actually aloutplayed teams last year on most nights. We usually just out goalied them.

Also gallant took out Kakko in the most important game of the year and kept in A broken Ryan Strome who barely played. And this year he refuses to sit Trouba to heal all while his game and the teams suffers. So Yeah, he is a shitty cosch.

Loyal to certain players way to a fault, and he never makes the hard decisions because of this. Yet he has no problem benching all the youth for basically anything.

I like him as a person. But i do not think he brings the best out of his players and his personnel decisions have been detrimental to the team on many occasions.

Last edited:

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
We have the luxury of video replay to watch it over and over and dissect that play. The puck got worked up to the right point to Chatfield. Chytil is there. Laf goes there too. Chatfield manages to get the puck back low to Statsny, who moves it to Sketch at Shesty's left. Chatfield traps both Chytil and Laf. That's when Miller goes to Statsny and both Laf and Chytil kind of glide their way to the low slot but it's already too late as Sketch already goes royal road to Necas for the one-timer.

So, if Chytil is engaged with Chatfield, it is Laf who abandons Statsny at the half-wall that's the problem. Laf is trying to help Chytil, but they both lose the board battle. So, on goals #2 and #3, a Cane manages to beat two Rangers twice on the walls. That's just losing puck battles instead of winning them, leading to odd-man situations.
Chytil was way out of position, he was encroaching on Laffy's position. Chytil should have been the support for Miller, not out by the blue line

No fox doesnt. Kam was caught in no mans land. U even see his body language and the way he was moving that he was unsure where to go.

Fox doesnt do that. Like ever.
See above

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
MSG dulls out the on ice sounds and the crowd so it sounds like the Nightly News Broadcast with Sam and Joe. Do we know why they insist on doing this??

"Its a Broadway show, you shouldn't be able to hear the audience"

same reason why the lighting is so dark on the crowd compared to other arenas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad