TV: Cancellations season: fall schedules coming out

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
f***ing motherf***er bs f*** hell. Seriously f*** SyFy. I keep giving them chances then they go and axe The Expanse? What the hell.

Gotta think The Expanse is a prime target for a revival from streaming services with its critical praise and very loyal fanbase.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
For those of you that are B99 fans, both Netflix and Hulu have already passed.

Netflix isn't surprising. But Hulu might be a bad sign.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I just started watching new girl on Netflix. Watched about 5 episodes. Zooey Deschanel’s character was ****ing annoying. I couldn’t continue. I don’t mind a quirky character, but make them endearing rather than annoying.

Yeesh.

It become less about her as the series goes on. The rest of the cast is great, and make it worth watching

For those of you that are B99 fans, both Netflix and Hulu have already passed.

Netflix isn't surprising. But Hulu might be a bad sign.

That sucks. Hopefully someone picks it up

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Some people have been implying that the B99 cancellation has to do with the Crews lawsuit against sexual harassment which would be pretty typical Hollywood.

The numbers for the show weren't great but at the same time, they weren't bad enough to completely dispute that theory.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Sounds like B99 is going to be on NBC

I stand corrected.

But I did figure that with Hulu and Netflix out, the only one that would have interest is NBC due to Samborg's(?) network ties. All they were willing to give them was a half season to end it properly though.

Seems kinda pointless...but eh, good for them

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Yeah, B99 is officially getting 13 more episodes (at least) on NBC.

Frustrated about losing Last Man on Earth. Even more frustrated it's being replaced by Last Man Standing (garbage show).

But provided Shield and Gotham survive, this week wont be too bad for me.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If i can trade B99 for Lucifer I would I love both shows but man Lucifer was up their with Game of Thrones and Sense8 for shows I get passionate about, holding out hope that Netflix gets Lucifer or anyone for that matter the story needs to continue.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Next years schedules come out starting Monday

so we are starting to find out which shows are not coming back

Fox did the axe today for
Brooklyn Nine-nine
Last man on earth
the mick

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Cancelled at Fox

I like Brooklyn Nine-Nine--

but I think the writers knew it would be the last season(it is not owned by Fox but by an independent production company) and when it gets into year 6/7 of shows that is when the shows get really expensive

a few places are saying that if Lethal Weapon finds a new Riggs they will keep it over Gotham--but if they can not--Gotham stays

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
interesting Agents of Shield has not been formally renewed as cast and crew have already had the contracts and or options picked up and contracts on sound stages were renewed as well

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
If i can trade B99 for Lucifer I would I love both shows but man Lucifer was up their with Game of Thrones and Sense8 for shows I get passionate about, holding out hope that Netflix gets Lucifer or anyone for that matter the story needs to continue.

Lucifer second season has been a real dra to watch at times. Some really bad plot/stoyline decisions. I think there's one (?) episode left to wrap it up.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
early seasons of last man standing were actually kinda funny and im not afraid to admit it

be very sad if gotham is cancelled

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Designated Survivor being cancelled is a bit of a shock considering how it broke ratings records in its first season.

Glad they canceled Quantico. Could never understand how that over dramatic Greys Anatomyish show every got popular to begin with.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Wouldn't it be fair to say Last Man Standing didn't deserve fate it received?

From what I recall ratings were considered solid (For what they are today with regard to family sitcoms) and recall many people upset saying its cancellation was because of Allen's political views (Naturally whether that is true will depend on who you believe)

And its ratings appear to blow away all the rest of the shows cancelled this year

Killing promising shows early is a normal things so over recent years I don't jump into series until they survive a few years mostly

I didn't start watching US version of the Office until its 3rd season for instance. To many Earth 2 , Jeremiah , Alien Nation , Jericho , etc thru years that I enjoyed greatly only to have them cancelled on me

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Lucifer second season has been a real dra to watch at times. Some really bad plot/stoyline decisions. I think there's one (?) episode left to wrap it up.

It hasn't been good at all. So on that end I shouldn't have been surprised that it was cancelled. Apparently the producers screwed up the finale too as they assumed they were getting renewed.

But I figured it would last another year. Maybe even two. It was basically a non-corny version of Castle. But it was also the type of show that was going to have a short shelf life.

As for Lethal Weapon/Gotham, that should be an easy decision. But watch them cancel both for the hell of it.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
****ing mother****er bs **** hell. Seriously **** SyFy. I keep giving them chances then they go and axe The Expanse? What the hell.

Gotta think The Expanse is a prime target for a revival from streaming services with its critical praise and very loyal fanbase.
Dude, it got piss poor ratings. They don't care about a small loyal fan base. That doesn't make them money.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Least surprising cancellation is Scorpion by CBS--it has more to do with behind the scenes trouble(not as bad as Lethal Weapon) but it is tabloid fodder.

Scorpion Cancelled at CBS

It has to do with leading lady Katharine McPhee, her relationship with David Foster and she want to do broadway(which she is now doing)--she reportedly has a few Broadway shows lined up and it would limit her time on the show--so the show either had to recast, rejig or do something to fill the hole--CBS cancelled it to make way for the new Magnum PI show

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad