GDT: Canadiens vs Blues: The Plan @ 19:00 on CITY, TVA Sports, TSN 690 Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
With the enactment of the rule where you get called for a penalty if you don't win a challenge, it's no wonder that teams are very reticent to challenge now.

Best thing they did. Coaches like Babcock were pretty much challenging everything, especially in 3rd, because "they had nothing to lose".

It was slowing the game down.

Penalty shot!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dumbest rule in sports?

It used to be too permissive but now it swung the other way.

They should allow one freebie challenge per game or just have you lose your timeout on your first challenge. Something like that.

I'm sure some fans won't mind the current rule as play is not disrupted as much as in past years.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
With the enactment of the rule where you get called for a penalty if you don't win a challenge, it's no wonder that teams are very reticent to challenge now.

I understand but it looked like a pretty good case

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It used to be too permissive but now it swung the other way.

They should allow one freebie challenge per game or just have you lose your timeout on your first challenge. Something like that.

I'm sure some fans won't mind the current rule as play is not disrupted as much as in past years.
For sure. Still just make it so you have one opportunity a game and theres possibility to deny the request or something.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Too bad for Armia on that penalty shot attempt.

Now Dino is going to dub him "Manos de piedra." :D

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For sure. Still just make it so you have one opportunity a game and theres possibility to deny the request or something.

It'll probably go that way eventually, when the board of governors gets their lot of complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad