Confirmed with Link: Canadiens sign KHL goalie Vasili Demchenko

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Thing is...if it's their solution for backup, it's another big time maybe. Which changes nothing. Hopefully it's just another piece and hoping there's some kind of competition. If so, so be it.

Reactions: Fenris

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Price
Demchenko/Lindgren

Primeau
Demchenko/Lindgren

Lacouvee

McNiven most likely out unless we trade Lindgren and Demchenko is the NHL backup.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Very average stats. Doesn't look like Price's job is in danger or Primeau or McNiven.
But we never know, let's say this young russian goalie become a new Bobrrovvsky, who knows the future, heh?

Reactions: Dutronc

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
They treated him like shit, they want to get rid of him.
Yah, that's exactly what I was getting at. He has done everything they have asked (from what i have heard) and put up solid numbers last year. He's obviously not in their plans anymore, which to me is a bit odd, but w/e. I hope he manages to carve out a career with someone else. I'll be following him.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Very average stats. Doesn't look like Price's job is in danger or Primeau or McNiven.
But we never know, let's say this young russian goalie become a new Bobrrovvsky, who knows the future, heh?

Price and Primeau are far from being in danger. The signing of Demchenko is not to challenge those two. It's more to challenge Lindgren for the back up role. And who knows? Maybe they will sign a vet back up as a UFA and that will make it more competitive for Price's back up.

As for McNiven, he's not under contract for next year so his job isn't in ''danger.''

JuicyJofa

Done with basing my usernames on players
Jan 27, 2010
Around the World
I'm not sure why a goaltender looking for an opportunity in the nhl would prefer to play behind Carey Price, unless you aren't in much demand in the first place.

Well Price has been considered one of the best at his position in the world for over a decade, so it is safe to say that it would be an honour for any goalie to play with him and learn from him.

Also, we seem to have a good reputation with Euro FA's as of late. Demchenko is nowhere near a top caliber FA but still an interesting signing. Let's see where it goes.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It's MB being a cheap skate. This kid is getting league minimum and is on a two way contract. MB figures if he doesn't cut it he can go to the A and not cost anything. Instead of getting a quality back up, MB is just covering his ass.

Not knowing when the UFA market will start (July 1st or later), it doesn't necessarily mean this Demchenko signing is all that will be done in terms of the back up goalie situations.

Reactions: Habitant le colon

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
Price the 10 million boy
Demchenko new elc
Lindgren 2way nhl/ahl
Primeau prospect elc
Mcniven no new contract yet
Lacouvee (where are we at with him already?)

So who from McNiven or Price will move in the next 4 moths or so??

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Price the 10 million boy
Demchenko new elc
Lindgren 2way nhl/ahl
Primeau prospect elc

McNiven will bite the Habs ....they screwed that up ...If they let him walk ,plain stupidity....
After last season, if i was McNiven i would want out .,..

Last edited:

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I figure Lindgren and Demchenko will battle for the backup position, while the loser shares duties with Primeau in Laval.Nothing wrong with a little competition.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I figure Lindgren and Demchenko will battle for the backup position, while the loser shares duties with Primeau in Laval.Nothing wrong with a little competition.

If we goona go full time with Lindgren as back up , there nuts....

Time to move on.....

It should be McNiven and Cayden battling........IN MY OPINION you watch McNiven will be a NHL number 1 ...and will all be saying why ..why ..why ...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Price the 10 million boy
Demchenko new elc
Lindgren 2way nhl/ahl
Primeau prospect elc

Demchenko isn't an ELC. It's a 2-way deal.

Price isn't going anywhere.

LaCouvee was on an AHL/ECHL for this year. He doesn't have a deal in place for next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad