Pre-Game Talk: Canadiens, Saturday night in Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Looking forward to the first meeting with our rivals, both teams with 3 wins. Will be fun to watch our new guys rattle the Bruins a bit. I wonder if Sergachev gets to play in this one or will MT put Pateryn in instead? I liked his game yesterday against the Coyotes, he's getting better every time out.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Looking forward to the first meeting with our rivals, both teams with 3 wins. Will be fun to watch our new guys rattle the Bruins a bit. I wonder if Sergachev gets to play in this one or will MT put Pateryn in instead? I liked his game yesterday against the Coyotes, he's getting better every time out.

Pateryn didn't play himself out of the lineup imo, so to have him out for a couple games already must be frustrating to him. That's an interesting situation. Working with sergachev's upside at the expense of a guy who was playing pretty well and has "paid his dues". Honestly, I'd be pretty pissed off if I was pateryn.

As fun as it is to beat Boston, it feels like the habs have owned them so much in the last few years that you are due for some bad luck. I never get tired of beating them though.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
edit : thanks!!!

BWJY6PO.gif

Last edited:

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
I would let Sergachev play the next 10 of 12-13 games and then decide what to do. its ok to make mistakes.. d men often do. PK led the league in unforced errors or turnovers a year or two ago.

doesnt matter. let them learn he is ahead of his age group proven by his season last year. id rather he play and travel with the team and play in 65-75% of the games and learn by playign alongside Weber Markov and Petry. For me there is not better way to learn then by the best.

he will more by playign against the best instead of dominating against the inferior category players and then coming up next year ang going through the same growing pains again.

of course this is all relative to playing at least 60 70 games

mind you in spite of this they will stull send him down i think in 5 games or so

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Haven't seen much at all from Sergachev so far. He gave a nice one to his buddy Chychrun yesterday too. I guess we let him play his 9 games and see him back next season. I'd start Pateryn for sure on Saturday night.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Pateryn didn't play himself out of the lineup imo, so to have him out for a couple games already must be frustrating to him. That's an interesting situation. Working with sergachev's upside at the expense of a guy who was playing pretty well and has "paid his dues". Honestly, I'd be pretty pissed off if I was pateryn.

I like Pateryn but he did stink against Ottawa. He paid his dues and has a one way contract, while practicing and getting all the perks of being on an NHL roster. Nothing to really feel sorry for him about.

I'd rather Pateryn play against the Bruins honestly.

Why?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I like Pateryn but he did stink against Ottawa. He paid his dues and has a one way contract, while practicing and getting all the perks of being on an NHL roster. Nothing to really feel sorry for him about.

This. The hardest part about reaching the NHL is to have one foot in. Once it's done you can surf on that for a while.

I like Pateryn and i think we should have played him in front of some of the scrubs we iced in the last 4 years. But he's nothing that much special.

We offered him a one way 3 years contract. A chance to have one foot in the league and have the reputation to be a NHLer. For this alone he should be happy.

If it doesn't work here he'll have his chance elsewhere.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Not that I'm really proposing this forward line-up but it would be interesting:

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Shaw
Carr - Desharnais - Radulov
Danault - Mitchell - Byron

Three lines balanced with a good 4th line. :)

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Boston really isn't the physical threat anymore so I don't know why people are slotting in Pateryn for that reason.

They're actually a pretty fast forward group. If anything Habs should look to expose their slow defence with a quick transition. Excluding the occasional hiccup, Sergachev showed some improvement in this regard against two very fast units in Pitts and Arizona, while Pateryn really struggled against Ottawa's quick forwards.
Keep Sergy for now.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
If it were up to me:
1)Put Carr back in. I think this is the kind of game where he'd be best. Take out Flynn.
2)Sergachev out/Pateryn in. Can't shelter Sergachev against a faster, new look Bruins team.

I think we can take advantage of the Bruins diminished size and toughness through our many crease disturber players, without sacrificing our speed. I can't wait to see old man Chara get burned by Radulov. I have a gut feeling he'll be a Bruins killer.

GHG!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I watched Boston play the other day. Man have they ever changed their roster from a year ago.

Not the gritty, tough in your face Bruins from years past.

Will be a good road test.

They found a late first round gem in Pastrnak

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I watched Boston play the other day. Man have they ever changed their roster from a year ago.

Drafted RIGHt before Scherbak..

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Not that I'm really proposing this forward line-up but it would be interesting:

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Shaw
Carr - Desharnais - Radulov
Danault - Mitchell - Byron

Three lines balanced with a good 4th line. :)

Interesting. Like that third line ! Rad would like DD much more than Pleks .

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Gone are Lucic,Thornton,Ference and now Marchand is more reformed. This is definitely not the Bruins team that we had a lot of success in past years so this should be a good test. Tomorrow night will probably be the toughness game so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad