Confirmed with Link: Canadiens release defenceman Francis Bouillon

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to make emotionally but it was definitely the correct one to make, guys like Beaulieu and Dietz (sent to hamilton were better) and Tinordi who still could use some seasoning was his equal and will benefit from NHL experience if given the chance.

It was good hockey decison

G Man 77

Jan 18, 2003
Visit site
I think there are some high expectations for Beaulieu. It's all about having 3 very efficient pairs, not quite about depth per say.

I really think they will try these lines until Beaulieu feels comfortable enough.

Beaulieu - Subban
Markov - Gilbert
Emelin - Weaver - Tinordi

I see the media billing this as the kids battling for the 6th spot.
While Beaulieu may sit here & there.. I think the long-game is with Tinordi playing RD and replacing Weaver.

If they wait for Tinordi to have room on the left side.. that would be 3 years from now when Markov's deal expires (Emelin is another 4 yrs, and Beaulieu is just starting).
So Tinordi is going to end up on RD, for a few years anyway.

Don't forget Weaver is a good vet, but he wasn't even dressing regularly in FLA last year. He can easily slide down to #7 if both kids earn they way past him, which they should.
Given the injuries that always arise during the season, there should be enough playing time for everyone.

The Habs couldn't wait another year, as OTT thankfully demonstrated during the preseason.. they need Tinordi's toughness in the lineup now.

Then hopefully Dietz is ready to step in to replace Gilbert, whom I'm still very unsure about, when his contract expires in 2 years.

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003
Does this mean Bergevin and the Habs administration aren't part of the french conspiracy anymore? Did they know HFBoards users were getting closer to the truth and didn't want to get caught?

French conspiracy? Not really. Just the medias lobbying really hard to keep a washed up player for reasons who have nothing to do with hockey. Just look at l'Antichambre lately (or anytime really) or Gaston Therrien yesterday.

Good luck in your grieving too.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I'm not saying non-elite players can't be coaches, I'm saying Bouillon hasn't shown dickall worth to be immediately penciled in any role.

That's fair. But you're basically saying that any bad player can cut it as a coach, and at a disproportionate rate. Where's Sopel these days?

Jeez guys.

Bouillon sucks, get over it.

as players, pretty sure most of the guys listed showed dickall.

just another case of you showing how little you know. :nod:

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Did Bouillon really hold a press conference? Really? Guy does really believe he's that good, eh? A press conference for a number 7 defenceman? Told you the guy thinks he's better than he is. And that has been a real problem with this team and coach.

Oh, and it's absolutely obvious that the final call was made by the GM, not the coach. Just the way he was talking.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
as players, pretty sure most of the guys listed showed dickall.

just another case of you showing how little you know. :nod:
In hindsight, sure, but what about the 99% of scrub players who didn't make it as coaches or GMs?

Personal insults aside, you bring very little but pedantic bolded, non-contextual side-swipes to any conversation, we all know what you're about here. Suggesting that my hesitation at nominating Bouillon to assistant coach at an NHL level demonstrates anything but common sense is a failure on your part.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
i'm lost between: bouillon signs for 1.5 and bouillon released

anyone care to explain?

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
This fan base is pathetic

the guy played more then 10 years with limited talent but with heart and respect of the organisation and the way some people treat him on this board is disgusting....

the guy is now gone, can you just say goodbye and focus on the year coming?

No let's insult more and more a guy that gave it all to this team, like him or not, you should at least respect that...

but i think it's to much asking for some of you....

i'm truly disapoint with some of you guys....:shakehead

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

the guy played more then 10 years with limited talent but with heart and respect of the organisation and the way some people treat him on this board is disgusting....

No let's insult more and more a guy that gave it all to this team, like him or not, you should at least respect that...

I concur that the amount of childishness is a bit absurd. But at some point, the pendulum went to far for Bouillon in the media.

No excuse for the childishness displayed here. But it probably explains it.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002

Same, some fans here are clearly bi-polar. This is such a disgrace to disrespect a guy that gave everything he got night after night. Some people posting here are clearly wasting some internet space.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
In hindsight, sure, but what about the 99% of scrub players who didn't make it as coaches or GMs?

Personal insults aside, you bring very little but pedantic bolded, non-contextual side-swipes to any conversation, we all know what you're about here. Suggesting that my hesitation at nominating Bouillon to assistant coach at an NHL level demonstrates anything but common sense is a failure on your part.

hesitation ? really ? :laugh:

no need to add that BS' it's pretty clear it was just another failed attempt on your part to ridicule a (ex) player.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Did Bouillon really hold a press conference? Really? Guy does really believe he's that good, eh? A press conference for a number 7 defenceman? Told you the guy thinks he's better than he is. And that has been a real problem with this team and coach.

Oh, and it's absolutely obvious that the final call was made by the GM, not the coach. Just the way he was talking.

The guy played 600 games in the most iconic uniform in hockey, never drafted in the NHL, routinely fought guys twice his size, played a physical game until he was 38 despite being undersized. Yet a 5 minute press conference where he basically says he understands the decision and accepts it gets you to post this gem? Good on you man.

Last edited:

Lionel Mandrake

This was definitely the right decision for the team but that being said, Bouillon is a quality individual and I hope down the line we'll see him again in some capacity with the organisation.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
hesitation ? really ? :laugh:

no need to add that BS' it's pretty clear it was just another failed attempt on your part to ridicule a (ex) player.
Keep backtracking.

Bouillon is a nobody, end of story. Paul Mara and Brent Sopel are quality individuals too. Koivu never got a press conference either.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Nothing but respect for Bouillon.

I love that he came to camp without a contract, and swallowed his pride to give it the ultimate kick at the can, try everything to get another season in the NHL. A true Hab.

What he lacked in skill he made up in heart and guts.

That being said, it was time to move on. We have some good young players who need to be trusted and who deserve ice time.

HF-Addict

Feb 26, 2004
The guy played 600 games in the most iconic uniform in hockey, never drafted in the NHL, routinely fought guys twice his size, played a physical game until he was 38 despite being undersized. Yet a 5 minute press conference where he basically says he understands the decision and accepts it gets you to post this gem? Good on you man.

Agree with you. Some of you guys are morons. The cube played his heart out here for many years, took the disappointing news for him, as well and respectfully as one could, and some idiots with no respect find in them some strange ways to bash him for no reason. Disgusting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad