Confirmed with Link: Canadiens release defenceman Francis Bouillon

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Gaston was just mad yesterday night on sport 30.

Even Gildor Roy on radio said we traded Budaj to make space for Bouillon but MB changed his mind.

Wtf is wrong lol

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
How does RDS have a job for every single former Hab who is French Canadian?

I just hope they keep Marc Denis as far away from the Studio and AC as possible.
There seems to be some kind of "cone of Pejorative Sluredness" a la Get Smart on that set. :laugh:

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Maybe offer a player development job to Bouillon (unless he moves to the Swiss league) ? I'm glad he's gone and RDS made me feel sick to my stomach with their obsession with him, but he's still a character guy, he could help our young Dman in that regard, replace Brisebois.

habitue*

Maybe offer a player development job to Bouillon (unless he moves to the Swiss league) ? I'm glad he's gone and RDS made me feel sick to my stomach with their obsession with him, but he's still a character guy, he could help our young Dman in that regard, replace Brisebois.

Brisebois has already quit and has been replaced by Rob Ramage.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I keep saying that was probably the deal wth his two-way.
He refused the offer and let's face it put MB in a tight spot one he never wanted to be in.
Not offering Frankie anything for a while I don't think.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
At least 599 too many, imo. I get the "he deserves some respect" thing, but he's just a name on a sports team to me, and a player that I never wanted my favourite team to hold onto this long in the first place, so... I'll leave the empathy for the meteros.

Sorry but you really don't have much of a clue do you.

Undersized, undrafted Dman makes the NHL pretty much purely on heart alone, that's hard to do. Guys like Gallagher and DD are small but have lots of talent. Big guys are drafted all the time with the hope that they'll develop into a role. Buys like Boo never should have been near the league except for pure determination. I never liked him much as a player either, but there is no way I don't have respect for him. If all players approached the game with the same work ethic then we'd be a perennial champion. I also think he's probably a good candidate to coach s omeday. Small, no wheels, no shot ... he's got know something about something to play in the league this long.

I'm not sympathetic or empathetic about his plight. He tried for a spot again and didn't get it. The press are the press, their looking to sell papers and this is nothing more. I do however respect his effort and his professionalism.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Undersized, undrafted Dman makes the NHL pretty much purely on heart alone, that's hard to do. Guys like Gallagher and DD are small but have lots of talent. Big guys are drafted all the time with the hope that they'll develop into a role. Buys like Boo never should have been near the league except for pure determination. I never liked him much as a player either, but there is no way I don't have respect for him. If all players approached the game with the same work ethic then we'd be a perennial champion. I also think he's probably a good candidate to coach s omeday. Small, no wheels, no shot ... he's got know something about something to play in the league this long.

I'm not sympathetic or empathetic about his plight. He tried for a spot again and didn't get it. The press are the press, their looking to sell papers and this is nothing more. I do however respect his effort and his professionalism.

Lots of truth in your post, however, you may have unintentionally underestimated Bouillon for the physical specimen he is -- kind of a "pocket Hurk", guy is built solid despite his small frame. We've all seen him take out guys much bigger than he is and be a solid face puncher where warranted. This is not your average 5'8" NHLer, who is mostly frail by comparison or whose game is premised on speed.

Of course, some of his tenure met with favorable circumstances, especially in recent years where he was over-utilised or misused in terms of minutes, game situations and pairings, but that's through not fault of his own.

Above all that, we like the genuineness of the guy, as fans who never had an opportunity to realize an NHL dream, so we do see ourselves through him in some odd way. He was the perpetual underdog -- as he said so himself, he never forgot that he was the kid playing street hockey, who hoisted a garbage can pretending he had won the Stanley Cup.

I know there was some vitriol about how he loomed too large at this late stage in his career and how his good friends, MT and RDS all tried to campaign to have him come back for another year, but I don't think anyone hated the guy per se, just the situation and how others projected it, none of it I would think, was of his own doing.

Can't fault a guy for trying to win a job. Can't fault a guy, for wanting to play and then ending up playing as Subban's partner or on the PP. We can't do any of that, without appreciating that he's the same guy who sat in the stands for 10 games and more and never once complained. Time has come to move on, but not to disparage the man -- thank-you Francis, for all you've done. Good luck to you in whatever you choose to engage into now.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Sorry but you really don't have much of a clue do you.

I certainly have no clue how you started with that, and thought you made your point any clearer with this:

You didn't like him much as a player, think his effort somewhat made up for a lack of talent/ability, but don't understand the call for particular empathy either? Cool beans. What clue did I miss again? Good on the guy for sticking around for so long at the top level, but he's a bad defenseman who never even gave us a full season once during his "best" days. I'm glad the Dandouillon is finally slain, and I'm not bashful about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad