Canadiens Missing Brendan Gallagher's energy

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I'm starting to think that Gallagher is the most overrated player on this team. He's been awful this season and his absence isn't being noticed.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Weird timing.. He got a bit better before his injury but he didn't bring much for a good 25-30 games (1 pt in his last 11 games, 2 goals in last 33 games). He was actually bad and played his worst hockey of his NHL career.

No doubt we are missing him but his energy is compensate by Radulov's so I don't think we are missing it that much.

Last edited:

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
I respectfully disagree with this partner of HF. They're living in pre 2016-2017 era when Gallagher was our #1RW (LoL) and we didn't have the likes of Radulov, Shaw, Lehkonen, Danault, etc.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Maybe last season when he got injured, but his impact has been pretty much nothing this season IMO.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Seriously? Do you watch our games?

So bad luck makes him awful? The guy gives 100% every night no matter what.... Do you forget the amaizing start he had last season before being injured?

Yes I do and he's been bad this season. He should have been sent to the pressbox.

I don't give a damn if he gives his 100% every night. We need a top 6 player who can produce. 2 goals in 30 + games is not bad luck.

He better come back like last season when he's healthy.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
I'm starting to think that Gallagher is the most overrated player on this team. He's been awful this season and his absence isn't being noticed.

I sure notice him out of the lineup, he wasn't putting up the points but he was always around the puck. The team misses him big time.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
I love Gallagher but he isn't the same anymore and is declining pretty fast. Even last year he dropped down a few notches.

It does suck

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
One player paliates for Gallagher's absence:

5ZPlIjp.png

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
I sure notice him out of the lineup, he wasn't putting up the points but he was always around the puck. The team misses him big time.

He has been having a terrible season. If he isn't putting up point then he is pretty much just a bottom six agitator.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Disagree. He has been invisible all season, and I totally forgot he was injured at this point.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
In the end, we should be pretty happy that Gallagher slots in at 2nd or 3rd RW on this team. Not long ago he was our 1RW and was usually less effective than what Rads as current 1RW can do in a game.

It'll be interesting to see if McCarron is being groomed to be our 3rd or 4th C, or a RW to compete with Gallagher for a spot in the middle six.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
McCarron to compete with Gallagher...... wow Gallagher gets no respect.... i can't believe this is even a thought....
Some real Judas shet going on here.

He gets paid millions of dollars to perform. If you aren't performing, you are going to get called out. Your Judas reference is ironic, or you just have no idea how to use it correctly.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Seriously? Do you watch our games?

So bad luck makes him awful? The guy gives 100% every night no matter what.... Do you forget the amaizing start he had last season before being injured?

I "watch the games" and he has, without a doubt, been bad well beyond "bad luck." Suggesting "bad luck" explains how poorly he's been playing is pretty funny coming from a guy who, I can assume by your snarky comment, "watches the games."

Why you would bring up last season when the guy says Gallagher has been awful this season is, quite frankly, baffling. What the hell would his play last season have to do with a comment that was clearly about this season?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
They were missing Gallagher long before he went out.

I love the guy but he has not been great since very early last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad