Speculation: Canadiens may have given permission to the Kings to negotiate an extension with Pactches

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The tweet by Mathias Brunet, above, threw an unfortunate wrench into the thread:

TRANSLATION: So according to Martin McGuire, Max Pacioretty could be traded to the Kings. I hope that young (prospects) Vilardi and Clague are incoming!

Clearly, Vilardi and Clague are merely Brunet's wishful thinking and should have never entered the discussion.

The only reporting that matters is what is what is being confirmed by both McGuire and Dubé.
Thank you I had no idea what the f*** that meant. I barely know spanish let alone Quebec french which I understand is slightly different then normal french according to my uncle who spent 2 years with a man from Quebec trying to immigrate to the US via military in Nam and my uncle after taking a tank shot to the face as a tank commander recovered and married a french woman.

Sorry side story for the Quebecois out there their flag at the time actually kept him alive in Nam from a sniper that the Americans could never find. My uncle told him about the sniper and to be careful and that of he couldnt fly non american flags on the jeeps over there because it was against the rules and he would leave the base and fly it. The only time the jeep was never shot at was with that flag because the person didnt know what country it was and would only shoot at US troops haha.

Sorry back on topic =)

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Clague is not enough for a signed Pacioretty. I know it's like a fun game to undervalue habs players around here but sometime it's borderline ridiculous how people undervalue habs players.

I mean obviously Clague+.
He would be the top prospect coming back

Mad Dr Pepper

Jun 28, 2015
Quebec
Thank you I had no idea what the **** that meant. I barely know spanish let alone Quebec french which I understand is slightly different then normal french according to my uncle who spent 2 years with a man from Quebec trying to immigrate to the US via military in Nam and my uncle after taking a tank shot to the face as a tank commander recovered and married a french woman.

Sorry side story for the Quebecois out there their flag at the time actually kept him alive in Nam from a sniper that the Americans could never find. My uncle told him about the sniper and to be careful and that of he couldnt fly non american flags on the jeeps over there because it was against the rules and he would leave the base and fly it. The only time the jeep was never shot at was with that flag because the person didnt know what country it was and would only shoot at US troops haha.

Sorry back on topic =)

Cool story dude!

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Really??
You can say "Hey, other GM can you negotiate an extension with a member of my team...and then you get him"
You can do this??

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Yes you can. Don't think Pacioretty can negotiate before next week though.

I don't know if there are exceptions if the player and both teams are agreed, especially if it's only preliminary discussions and not a detailed negotiation.

Reactions: Runner77

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
A signed 35 goal scorer in his prime is worth a top prospect and a first round pick. That would be Vilardi and 20th. If you have reservations about pacioretty’s ability to score than what are you even doing trying to acquire him. It’s clear there’s discussions here between LA and MTL and it’s also clear people haven’t the slightest clue what he’s worth

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
A signed 35 goal scorer in his prime is worth a top prospect and a first round pick. That would be Vilardi and 20th. If you have reservations about pacioretty’s ability to score than what are you even doing trying to acquire him. It’s clear there’s discussions here between LA and MTL and it’s also clear people haven’t the slightest clue what he’s worth

How many did he score last year?

edit..

Max Pacioretty Stats and News

17, not great. But geez he's potted some in the past. 13-14 season 39 goals in 73.

Last edited:

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
that would be you included.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
We don't even know if the rumor is credible.Two Kings insiders have said it's not true and even talk to Patches agent.No other credible sources are reporting this rumor.Blakes not trading Vilardi or Clague good luck.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
You mean we might never have to see another thread from Habs fans about Pacioretty?!?:):):):):)

If Pacioretty does get traded to L.A., we get to move on to phase 2: Montreal fans inundating the L.A. board to tell their fans what to think of their new player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad