GDT: Canadiens @ Leafs: 7PM on SN, RDS - Let's talk about jalapenos, ghost peppers, and anything chili

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Agree 100%

Byron is a nice story...but he is the type of player we should be trading and turning into a younger prospect and or draft pick.
I disagree about trading him. A top 10 skater in the league and someone who wants to be a Hab. He is also a good leader because he sets the example. He won’t lose his speed anytime soon.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
I disagree about trading him. A top 10 skater in the league and someone who wants to be a Hab. He is also a good leader because he sets the example. He won’t lose his speed anytime soon.

He is 29 years old and he is a bottom 6 player on a good team. Realistically it's going to take at least 2 years before some of our younger players like Poehling and Kotkaniemi start to get stronger and more mature. I don't dislike Byron, but I'd much rather see a youngster in his spot.

Reactions: Redux91

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Looks like a very young roster or is it just me..? Good luck to the Canadiens (mostly for Niemi, Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen and Armia ;) and for you, fans)

We are a very young team
This is what we all wanted as fans. I think another season or maybe 2 and we should start being very competitive.
In my case, I just want the guys to fight for one another, unlike last season where they played like they just didn't care from camp!

Reactions: FinPanda

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Looks like a very young roster or is it just me..? Good luck to the Canadiens (mostly for Niemi, Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen and Armia ;) and for you, fans)

It is a young roster.

They have 6 players over 30: Price, Petry, Benn, Niemi, Alzner & Plekanec

They have 4 players between 26-30: Shaw, Gallagher, Tatar & Byron

They have 12 players between 20-25: Drouin, Domi, Lehkonen, Armia, Danault, Hudon, Scherbak, Mete, Juulsen, Ouellet, Reilly & Peca

They have 1 player under 20: Kotkaniemi

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

I would trade Byron if a team came calling and offered a 1st round pick especially now that were in a semi rebuild mode
But the reason I would do this is because I really think we have another Byron in Peca.
If he keeps playing the way he did in pre season and can be consistent, that's when I'd make Byron expandable

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Really like this picture.

Doin_ssU0AAMo89

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
I know it's most likely going to be a long season as a Habs fan, but, if there is one team I want to beat... it's the Leafs. Hoping for at least an entertaining game tonight out of the young players if nothing else.

Zesty GDT btw Viper :thumbu:

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
I know it's most likely going to be a long season as a Habs fan, but, if there is one team I want to beat... it's the Leafs.

games against the leafs are the times we should be LEAST expecting a win,

how did we do against them last season?

there is no reason to expect a different result this season

Reactions: Fenrirson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad