Confirmed with Link: Canadiens Hire Sean Burke as Professional Scout

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Dunno much about what he has done since he retired, but I do remember he said he would rather retire than adjust his playing style, and he did retire. Maybe he has changed, but that right there makes him sound like a dinosaur.

He was 40 years old when he retired after spending 19 years in the league. What on earth are you talking about?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Dunno much about what he has done since he retired, but I do remember he said he would rather retire than adjust his playing style, and he did retire. Maybe he has changed, but that right there makes him sound like a dinosaur.

....He was a standup goalie when the standup goalies were going the way of the dodo. And changing style at 40 years old would probably lead to utter failure. I really don't know why a coach would suggest a 40 year old goalie to change style anyways....

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
....He was a standup goalie when the standup goalies were going the way of the dodo. And changing style at 40 years old would probably lead to utter failure. I really don't know why a coach would suggest a 40 year old goalie to change style anyways....

It's nonsensical.

Where is the quote of Burke saying he would rather retire than change his style anyway?

As dumb as it would be for a coach to suggest it, it's equally dumb for Burke to pretend, at age 40, he was drawing a line in the sand and would retire on principal.

The whole thing sounds dubious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad