Confirmed with Link: Canadiens Hire Sean Burke as Professional Scout

apexpredator

Jul 30, 2016
How many former players do we currently have in the foxhole right now? HOLY smokes... its like bergevin only hiring people he knows/his friends

got
Kirk Muller
Danny Lacroix
Stephane Waite
JJ Daigneault
Rick Dudley
Scott Mellanby
Larry Carriere
Martin Lapointe
Rob Ramage
Shane Churla
Donald Audette

and now sean burke

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
This is a really weird hire for me. Not a bad one but just weird. When he left Arizona all of the talk was about him being in management and in line for future general manager's jobs and that type of stuff.

Now he's being hired as a pro scout. Just strikes me as odd....

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
In before someone finds some absurd connection from Bergevin's time as a player.

Is he the one responsible for Dubnyk's resurgence in ARI? I don't recall his exact role for the Yotes. If he was their goaltending coach, it's interesting that he's now a pro scout for us. Might want to make sure we don't repeat a mistake like Scrivens was.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
In before someone finds some absurd connection from Bergevin's time as a player.

Is he the one responsible for Dubnyk's resurgence in ARI? I don't recall his exact role for the Yotes. If he was their goaltending coach, it's interesting that he's now a pro scout for us. Might want to make sure we don't repeat a mistake like Scrivens was.

Stop picturing Bergevin as a selfish ***** who only hire HIS friends. He hire the friends of his friends too!

(Yeah Burke played with Lacroix and JJD. :laugh:)

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
How many former players do we currently have in the foxhole right now? HOLY smokes... its like bergevin only hiring people he knows/his friends

got
Kirk Muller
Danny Lacroix
Stephane Waite
JJ Daigneault
Rick Dudley
Scott Mellanby
Larry Carriere
Martin Lapointe
Rob Ramage
Shane Churla
Donald Audette

and now sean burke

I agree, he should only hire people who have no hockey background or that he knows nothing about. :shakehead

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

got
Kirk Muller
Danny Lacroix
Stephane Waite
JJ Daigneault
Rick Dudley
Scott Mellanby
Larry Carriere
Martin Lapointe
Rob Ramage
Shane Churla
Donald Audette

and now sean burke

How many is he actually even "friends" with?

Like every guy on the list was part of an organization before coming here, don't see the big deal.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm trying really hard to have an opinion on this signing.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Surprised he can get into Canada after what he did.

I don't like to get all dramatic and I think people get way too bent out of shape these days but I'm pretty disgusted tbh fam.

edit: I didn't realize Chris Burke was Canadian

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Do people really have to post how they are awaiting for somebody to paint this negatively? Is it just as annoying as people paiting things negatively?

As far as the actual hire, who cares, just a pro scout. And they use ex-players. Nothing new here. And not important, as chances are we will never know what good or bad moves Burke will be responsible for. Doesn't matter, the pro movement all goes back to the GM anyway.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Burke was just on TSN690 with Melnick. Said the regular things like he's happy to be with the Habs and will stay out west scouting teams out there.

McGuire coming up next so I expect Pierre to gush all over Burke and tell everyone what a great person and hockey guy Burke is and that this was a great hire for the Habs. Wonder I close I'll be. Don't let me down Pierre. :)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Let's leave the domestic violence discussions out of this thread. If you wish to discuss it you can go to the lounge.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Lots of experience and great goalie coach. Might be good to scout goalies.

I like that hire. It replaces Crawford old position (Crawford now occupying Karpan position). I'm confident in his abilities in finding talent (at least at the goalie position).

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
Dunno much about what he has done since he retired, but I do remember he said he would rather retire than adjust his playing style, and he did retire. Maybe he has changed, but that right there makes him sound like a dinosaur.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad