Confirmed with Link: Canadiens Hire Jeff Gorton EVP of Hockey Operations

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Jake Evans was one of the top 10 most googled Canadian athletes in 2021. I cannot WAIT for Gordon to start getting picked apart in that fishbowl of a city. So cised.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Yes, because clearly the revolving door of the same 35 old, white dudes are the only possible people on earth that can be an NHL general manager. Brilliant take there bud

Why mention 3 Woman ? To appeal to the Euro-Progressive city of Le Habs!! What does gender have to do with hiring a GM??Oops I am a bigot because I brought this up...:eek:

Reactions: bbny

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Yes, because clearly the revolving door of the same 35 old, white dudes are the only possible people on earth that can be an NHL general manager. Brilliant take there bud
It’s an empty gesture. The GM of the Canadiens is going to be a figure head because Gorton is not French Canadian. Whoever that is will have zero autonomy. All the decisions will be made and finalized by Gorton.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
It’s an empty gesture. The GM of the Canadiens is going to be a figure head because Gorton is not French Canadian. Whoever that is will have zero autonomy. All the decisions will be made and finalized by Gorton.

this. At most she’d be an English/French speaking figure head to say look how progressive we are.
When in reality, Gorton would have the power and decide on all moves.
It’s like Kim Pegula running the Sabres.....
All she does is sign the checks and do press releases. Much beyond that, I don’t know why some hate her, she definitely doesn’t have a lot to do with the operations/ management side.
If you want a woman, hire a woman and give her full autonomy power to pick her staff and make trades,draft, Scout players etc

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

Cashing out and now Woke...Congratulations to Gorts and his fat retirement fund

Why does it matter to you if its men women or aliens in the running for a job? If they qualified then they should be in running who cares what gender they are

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad