Rumor: Canadiens have a trade in place with Western team ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
True. He'd be partying much more often in Montreal. That place is great for clubs and partying!
So I hear!

JV has matured a lot over the past few years and put up a solid season. I think he still has room to grow as well. I could see him being a consistent 25 goal/50pt player in his prime. I'm hoping that the Canucks don't trade him, as I don't see a situation where they get enough value for him.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Depends on the plus. Are you looking to help the Sharks add another top nine forward or are you just hoping to add a mid-round draft pick or equivalent prospect hoping to get us to say yes? The Sharks are competing this year whether hockey fans agree with it or not so to get them to move someone like Meier when forward depth is likely their biggest concern at this stage, you need to give them a deal that addresses that rather than just a lateral move plus an extra mid-level pick or something.

Domi + 16th ova + lehkonen for meier+ 2nd.

Something along those lines. What are sharks needs?

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Would Anahein trade Rakell for 16th?

After Kap just got 15th+ and isn't as good a player, I'd be a little disappointed, but Ducks scouts see a clear top 12 and if one of them falls to 16, I could see that trade. Rakell isn't a line driver and doesn't provide the defense (Henrique and Silf), leadership (Getzlaf), or toughness (Manson) to insulate the young guys like other vets provide and in a flat cap, his hit makes him more valuable so I see him as the likely one to go.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
It's a western conference team apparently
Also most of their players have NTC and probably wouldn't waive for Montreal
I was hoping for Killorn+ and thought he'd waive, but that probably would've been too steep for Montreal. If it ends up being someone worse than Killorn though I'll be bummed.

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
Why?

Saad is a good player and Habs aren't going to find much better on trade market or FA without paying more in assets or contract

I can think of far better assets or just as good of assets to acquire than a 6 million dollar middle of the road winger, some of which could he had as UFAs without giving up the 16th overall.

Yes, I know MTL has money to spend and, yes, I'm aware Saad is in the final year of his contract. I just don't care. :laugh:

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
So I hear!

JV has matured a lot over the past few years and put up a solid season. I think he still has room to grow as well. I could see him being a consistent 25 goal/50pt player in his prime. I'm hoping that the Canucks don't trade him, as I don't see a situation where they get enough value for him.
Montreal is the only place where I have blacked out in a bar. Such a fun city! I don't know how a young guy can avoid those temptations. For Jake, it may not be a great environment.

Reactions: BCNate

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
I really doubt it's for Virtanen, he's just not a goal scorer like they are rumored to be looking for.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I can think of far better assets or just as good of assets to acquire than a 6 million dollar middle of the road winger, some of which could he had as UFAs without giving up the 16th overall.

Yes, I know MTL has money to spend and, yes, I'm aware Saad is in the final year of his contract. I just don't care. :laugh:
Saad is what you hope Dylan Holloway becomes. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad