Rumor: Canadiens have a trade in place with Western team ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Virtanen + DiPietro + 2021 3rd

for

MTL 2020 1st

Van uses 1st for OEL deal and grabs a goalie with their 3rd this year.
I'd probably haggle over the addition of the 3rd, but would probably do this deal.

I wouldn't do it to flip the pick in an OEL deal though.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Habs don't need another 3rd liner who's partying twice a week

This whole JV party thing has taken on a life of it's own on these boards and truly isn't the issue it's made out to be. There was a photo of him in a night club in Vancouver when the entire province was getting about 15 Covid cases per day. I'd love to see some other reports of him being a massive partier now other than him having a couple casuals that were allowed at the time.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I now realize how underrated Brandon Saad has become on HF

21 goals in 58 games (18 of them EVS) and a strong defensive game is somehow bad now

There's very little nuance on HF. Most are probably still fixated on the Panarin deal and can't see the forest for the trees

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I know it's just a rumour, but my French is not very good. Where does it say that the 16th overall pick is going the other way?

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
This whole JV party thing has taken on a life of it's own on these boards and truly isn't the issue it's made out to be. There was a photo of him in a night club in Vancouver when the entire province was getting about 15 Covid cases per day. I'd love to see some other reports of him being a massive partier now other than him having a couple casuals that were allowed at the time.
True. He'd be partying much more often in Montreal. That place is great for clubs and partying!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
How about Domi+ for meier?

Depends on the plus. Are you looking to help the Sharks add another top nine forward or are you just hoping to add a mid-round draft pick or equivalent prospect hoping to get us to say yes? The Sharks are competing this year whether hockey fans agree with it or not so to get them to move someone like Meier when forward depth is likely their biggest concern at this stage, you need to give them a deal that addresses that rather than just a lateral move plus an extra mid-level pick or something.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
MB said yesterday that he wouldn't trade the 16th pick for a short-term fix or a player that doesn't fit in the younger core... so it would probably be 16++ as part of a bigger deal (Laine, Tuch, Meier, Boeser??)

Reactions: Benstheman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad