Pre-Game Talk: Canadiens face Rangers in home opener - Saturday at 7

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Feels weird to say that but habs always been decent against NYR

Might get our first win against them i have a feeling

If the Habs play tomorrow in front of their fans at 100% capacity the way they have the first two games, there has to be a reality check in that room.

If they play as flat as they have, it'll be a problem.

If they play with fire and play a full game the way they did in the first ten minutes in Toronto, the building will be loud, even if they walk away with a loss. At least they would give the fans something to feel good about (that this team has some life in it).

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Would Ducharme be comfortable playing Caufield and Gallagher even with the size factor? If he could get over that, I think them and Suzuki would make a nice trio.

Caufield - Suzuki - Gallagher
Drouin - Dvorak - Anderson
Toffoli - Evans - Armia
Perrault - Brooks - Lehkonen

Reactions: iamtalbot

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Mtl spent all last year trying to build chemistry, it appears this year is no different.

Its been a revolving door of players and linemates for yrs now.

For management and ownership that preaches stability, it doesnt reflect on the ice or roster building

Reactions: dinodebino

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Mtl spent all last year trying to build chemistry, it appears this year is no different.

Its been a revolving door of players and linemates for yrs now.

For management and ownership that preaches stability, it doesnt reflect on the ice or roster building

There's so much depth, but pieces that don't necessarily fit each other.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I just want more than 1 goal at this point...
2 goals in 2 games against teams that are not consider great defensively or great in front of the net, that sucks.

Habs don't have the D or the G to win games scoring 1 or 2 goals per game. Habs are not that team.
They need to score 3-4-5 goals a game in order win some. That's the only way at least until Price return.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Hope we turn it around...but....

With parity in the league and lose two future hall of famers, don't look good for us. It is a fine line between bottom of league and Stanley CUp. Just 4 years ago an expansion team got to finals, we did it last year. Kings was last seed in playoffs and won a cup a few years ago.

Reactions: habdynasty

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
That's exactly the way I see it, last season the team overall wasn't very skilled but team chemistry was through the roof, totally different this season, seems there's no cohesion at all. Season's young, only 2 games in, but it sure isn't pretty looking.

I beg to differ. During the season, after Ducharme took over, they looked completely disorganized and limped into the playoffs with embarassing losses where they spent entire periods in their own end chasing the opponent.

The anomaly is actually between game 6 of TO series and Game 6 of Vegas series, where the team rallied around Price and Weber. This season, we're right back to where we left off during last season.

Reactions: Tanknation

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Would Ducharme be comfortable playing Caufield and Gallagher even with the size factor? If he could get over that, I think them and Suzuki would make a nice trio.

Caufield - Suzuki - Gallagher
Drouin - Dvorak - Anderson
Toffoli - Evans - Armia
Perrault - Brooks - Lehkonen
Looks good but I would switch Caulfield or Gallagher for Anderson or Hoffman ,that line will get crushed come playoff time and might be highly injury prone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad