Confirmed with Link: Canadiens Extend Jesse Ylonen (1-Year, 2-Way @ $775K)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Note: I know it's already been confirmed in the Ylonen thread, but poor guy, he deserves his own "Confirmed with Link" thread. After all, Stephens, Maillet, Keeper had one. I think Ylo should have one also. 🤣

CapFriendly also has these numbers on their website, but they still await to confirm the details. Those numbers could end up being correct. But CF still doesn't have everything official as of yet.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Smells like we will have to hope he clears waivers which is plausible. Unless Pezzetta is the one back in Laval, which I doubt

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Finally. I feel like he’s going to look a lot better than has has also

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Now that everyone who needed a contract is signed, hopefully HuGo can now focus on unloading some dead weight prior to the season.

In order to make room for guys like Ylonen, RHP, Heineman, and Farrell among others to battle for spots. Even if some end up in Laval, at least they will have a chance to make the team and not be forced down due to dead weight.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Totally appropriate deal.
I'm not a huge Ylonen fan so I can't disagree. Skating well doesn't automatically make a player effective. Too bad he desn't have the drive RHP has.

Now that everyone who needed a contract is signed, hopefully HuGo can now focus on unloading some dead weight prior to the season.

In order to make room for guys like Ylonen, RHP, Heineman, and Farrell among others to battle for spots. Even if some end up in Laval, at least they will have a chance to make the team and not be forced down due to dead weight.
It's like a weight loss program those last pounds are the hardest to shed. :help:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm not a huge Ylonen fan so I can't disagree. Skating well doesn't automatically make a player effective. Too bad he desn't have the drive RHP has.

Well, not only that, but it's also appropriate for him too, as he can hope to impress (and get a better deal for 24-25).

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Lol, just amazing work again
It just wasn't quite time for a 2 yr NHL show me deal yet
It's the 1 yr AHL show me deal where he will obviously get like 30-40 NHL games or more

Now that all the contracts are done , Kent can focus on the REAL work : there are 2-3 people who have to GO

And they will be "going" soon, next 2-3 weeks keep your ears perked up :D

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lol, just amazing work again
It just wasn't quite time for a 2 yr NHL show me deal yet
It's the 1 yr AHL show me deal where he will obviously get like 30-40 NHL games or more

Now that all the contracts are done , Kent can focus on the REAL work : there are 2-3 people who have to GO

And they will be "going" soon, next 2-3 weeks keep your ears perked up :D
why 2-way? It makes it more probably that he would be claimed on waivers, should he erroneously be placed there.

Reactions: Habs13

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Cheap two-way contract for one season for a guy who produced 16 pts in 36 games last year in a limited role. Only 23 years old too.

There are teams who are going to take a chance on that waiver. Which might actually be what the Habs are planning.

Reactions: Nevins

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
why 2-way? It makes it more probably that he would be claimed on waivers, should he erroneously be placed there.
Can't think of any team that would be in the need for an unproven bottom 6 guy at the start of the season. All organizations have plenty of these guys around.
Is he starts the season in Montreal, and magically starts producing, and then the Habs want to send him down mid-season when a few teams are injury plagued; than it could happen. I just don't see any of that happening in the near future.

Reactions: NewDef and Redux91

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Cheap two-way contract for one season for a guy who produced 16 pts in 36 games last year in a limited role. Only 23 years old too.

There are teams who are going to take a chance on that waiver. Which might actually be what the Habs are planning.

If they were planning to lose him on waivers, they could have just not signed him.

Reactions: Heffyhoof

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021

I think if they can't make a deal that makes sense, they'll just keep everyone and see how things play out at camp. If Ylonen, Farrell, Heineman force their hand, they'll perhaps consider doing something more drastic with the unwanted vets after camp.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
We will see what happens in the next few weeks, but if we were to lose Ylonen to waivers, it would be quite annoying to lose our depth as soon as we start to harvest from the long investment of picks we had. It would be even more annoying to know it is happening because of bad/ordinary contracts like Hoffman and Armia instead of because our team is too good and deep and some kids pay the price.

Reactions: Sagikev

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Can't think of any team that would be in the need for an unproven bottom 6 guy at the start of the season. All organizations have plenty of these guys around.
Is he starts the season in Montreal, and magically starts producing, and then the Habs want to send him down mid-season when a few teams are injury plagued; than it could happen. I just don't see any of that happening in the near future.
Disagree. A team like TB... keeps Ylonen and sends down Glendening/Eyssimont or Archibald and save 25k. Every single dollar is going to count for cap teams, and they'd actually welcome a guy potentially breaking out over a typical scrub 13th F.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think he would be a great trade piece. He's not a bad player but he's an extra piece for us and we have the luxury of being able to move a guy like that. A few years ago Ylonen would've had more internal value but he is definitely movable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad