GDT: Canadiens @ Ducks | March 4 @ 10PM | RDS, SN-E (upd. lines in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
DSP needs to show up for that one. And the rest of the team too. Last game was bad because of jet lag and post-TDL trauma. They'll show a better effort tonight.

Go Habs Go!

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
Why would they possibly sit Parenteau after his first game back? I hope not -- we need him to regain his form, not lose it further.
Therrien is waiting for Parenteau to regain his crappy form just as he was before and not crappier as he is right now. Brilliant move there...;)

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Can't wait to see Petry, Flynn and Mitchell player. Petry was very solid last game even thought the rest of the team played awful.

Mitchell should be an improvement over MM.

Flynn, well I've never really noticed him before but I hope he brings some energy. Hopefully he surprises me like Weiss did.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
lol everyone is all over DSP its pretty funny ... Did you expect him to come in and be a top 9 or worse top 6 :laugh: ... He will probably need more time then most to get his barrings in order and it doesnt help MT moves him every shift and plays him on the side he has come out and said he cant play well.

higgs011

May 8, 2014
Montreal
I thought DSP was actually one of the few guys that showed up last game. Look forward to see him tonight.

To echo what everyone has already said, I'm sure MM will sit, and I wouldn't be surprised if Eller or PAP was the other one. If we're playing both new guys.

Our D pairings look nice.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
IMO:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise
Galchenyuk-Plek-Gallagher
Eller-de la Rose-Smith-Pelly
Prust-Mitchell-Flynn

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Petry
Gonchar-Gilbert

(This blueline is SOFT)

This lineup is still lacking one more shoot-first winger.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Agree that Parenteau shouldn't sit. Yes he hasn't been good and we want to get the new guys in but PA needs some rope to get his timing back. He's the only one that could really step up and plug out top 6 hole (other than maybe DSP). Say what you want but PA has skill and has shown that throughout his career.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
IMO:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise
Galchenyuk-Plek-Gallagher
Eller-de la Rose-Smith-Pelly
Prust-Mitchell-Flynn

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Petry
Gonchar-Gilbert

(This blueline is SOFT)

This lineup is still lacking one more shoot-first winger.

How is our blueline soft? You want 400 hits out of every pairing or something?

Markov-Subban, not monsters, but hard to play against and fairly physical.
Beaulieu-Petry, don't necessarily hit hard, but they hit a lot (based on what Petry did in Edmonton)
Gonchar-Gilbert, soft.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
How is our blueline soft? You want 400 hits out of every pairing or something?

Markov-Subban, not monsters, but hard to play against and fairly physical.
Beaulieu-Petry, don't necessarily hit hard, but they hit a lot (based on what Petry did in Edmonton)
Gonchar-Gilbert, soft.

The idea is that they get the puck out of the zone before they have to make a lot of hits. Regardless, without Emelin, that D core is soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad