GDT: Canadiens @ Devils - 12 More To Go! - 7:00 PM - MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Also how can people not think we need to significantly reform the system after this stretch. Again the goaltending has been bad but the defensive system (and the offensive system as a function of the problems it creates for our defensive system) needs to be adjusted.
Long run I agree, but I think there is a positive aspect of playing an aggressive high event system when you have young talented offensive players.

I'm not sure playing a low event style, while still losing, is better then what we are seeing now.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I'm so tired of these goalies, Blackwood may be a breath of fresh air. Let's see how he looks like.

I think there's no harm in putting him in, especially if we're planning to move on from him in the summer. As bad as he was before he left with the injury, he can't possibly be worse than Gillies or Hammond.

Reactions: My3Sons and Mgd31

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I think there's no harm in putting him in, especially if we're planning to move on from him in the summer. As bad as he was before he left with the injury, he can't possibly be worse than Gillies or Hammond.

I’m really hoping the plan isn’t to move him. The plan should be to try and mend the relationship. His upside is too high to just give up on him. Unless he says “I will not play here again” you have to try and salvage things.

Reactions: nugg

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
I’m really hoping the plan isn’t to move him. The plan should be to try and mend the relationship. His upside is too high to just give up on him. Unless he says “I will not play here again” you have to try and salvage things.

Yea I joke that I'm done with him, but him becoming at least average is the best possible outcome for our goaltending for next year.

Reactions: Bleedred

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Maybe he is willing to try so he can showcase himself . Maybe he wants out bad and agrees to play this year . Or maybe he just wants to play for the sake of playing . Can’t get any worse . Can’t see the relationship getting worse unless the Deviks try to force him to start ?

Reactions: My3Sons

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

there is harm if he hurts his trade value any more than he already has.

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
Long run I agree, but I think there is a positive aspect of playing an aggressive high event system when you have young talented offensive players.

I'm not sure playing a low event style, while still losing, is better then what we are seeing now.

That I agree is the silver lining of this approach in that it helps tap our younger players offensive potential. However you don’t want to make bad habits permanent.

Reactions: TheUnseenHand

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Yeah the sad truth is unless we go full blockbuster trade, no one we can bring in will have higher upside.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hammond sucks so I dont want to defend him too much. But we did tip two past him, the second of which was followed immediately by a clean breakaway.

Even the "duck" goal was some weak sauce D from Zacha.

I mean, yes he's terrible, but I dunno, maybe we shouldn't be deflecting pucks past him.
Boqvist tipped one past him last game too. But even with the three tips (I think it was Nico on goal two and then Subban on goal 5?) he’s still allowed more BAD goals than own goals.

I still think he might be injured and probably wouldn’t be playing anywhere right now if we didn’t trade for him, but he’s looking like Gillies on Gillies worst nights. Even Gillies looked better than this in his first two starts, but looked every bit this bad in his last three starts.

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
Even with tipped pucks I'm pretty sure goalies are still allowed to make a save on them and make saves from the top of the crease instead of the middle/back of the crease as they get beat high. Even the Subban tip the puck was going to that area of the net anyway and he didn't react. Freaking embarrassing effort. Put Blackwood with 1.25 heels in or ride Daws the rest of the way again these games are just maddening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig