Post-Game Talk: Canadiens 5 Bruins 1

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
And yes I am still pissed off about last night.

The ****ing Montreal ****ing Canadiens kicked the absolute hell out of the Bruins last night.

FOUR unanswered goals. Skating like they had lead in their skates. Passing the puck around like it was a live grenade. No checking to speak of. Open ice hits? Not a one [or if there was one I didn't see it which is the same thing]

All against the most vile, loathsome & disgusting team in the NHL.

:madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire:

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
late to this party so i didnt read all 17 pages (17 pages?!) of discussing this walloping the bruins just took but my assesment is the same as it's stayed.. cha cha chia is going to kick himself yet again for signing claude.. he is the def. of stubborn.. wont change his breakouts.. wont change his offensive style.. when is the last time the bruins scored a goal on an actual play rather than the typical errant shot from the blue line and everyone jams in front of the goalie.. they have no space because two guys just skate immediately to the front of the net. drives me crazy .. dump campbell. dumb gagne .. and make a BIG trade to get rid of some guys.. we are no longer the BIG BAD BRUINS.. we were the bigg bad bruins that teams now know how to beat and control with ease.. even with chara this team would be beatable. something is off this year and in my opinion its that they know what to expect from the bruins and cluade is to blame . once again just my opinion but the guy has been the exact same since he came year.. but now other teams have adjusted and we have gotten older, we may have some skilled players but they are so scared of being put in claude's defensive doghouse that they just stay on the wall waiting for yet another defender to slap it around to them and hopefully they will win the 50/50 battle , which im so sick of hearing. this was only going to be a couple lines long.. sorry

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
late to this party so i didnt read all 17 pages (17 pages?!) of discussing this walloping the bruins just took but my assesment is the same as it's stayed.. cha cha chia is going to kick himself yet again for signing claude.. he is the def. of stubborn.. wont change his breakouts.. wont change his offensive style.. when is the last time the bruins scored a goal on an actual play rather than the typical errant shot from the blue line and everyone jams in front of the goalie.. they have no space because two guys just skate immediately to the front of the net. drives me crazy .. dump campbell. dumb gagne .. and make a BIG trade to get rid of some guys.. we are no longer the BIG BAD BRUINS.. we were the bigg bad bruins that teams now know how to beat and control with ease.. even with chara this team would be beatable. something is off this year and in my opinion its that they know what to expect from the bruins and cluade is to blame . once again just my opinion but the guy has been the exact same since he came year.. but now other teams have adjusted and we have gotten older, we may have some skilled players but they are so scared of being put in claude's defensive doghouse that they just stay on the wall waiting for yet another defender to slap it around to them and hopefully they will win the 50/50 battle , which im so sick of hearing. this was only going to be a couple lines long.. sorry

17 pages of the third thread about this game. :amazed:

I didn't read the other two. I'm on blood pressure meds....

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
What the hell are you talking about? Are you habs fan? are you trying to bring up the Laraque incident from when he was like 19? Claude Lemieux vs Cam Neely... THATS A ****ING TURTLE INCIDENT. How about what Subban has done multiple times. If he just beats the **** out of Subban all he's gonna get is a suspension. You know this... ****ing Looch is a turtle. I've seen a few people say that.. get the **** outta here with that noise.

I don't know what you are smoking but to think Lucic not dropping the gloves versus a guy like Subban is the equivalent of turtling, well I really don't know what to tell you. it just shows you have no idea of the player Lucic used to be.

If Subban did this to Lucic even last year - forget about it.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Maybe this is the best thing that could have happened to the Bruins.

They got beat in every way possible yesterday.

The guy who was supposed to be murdered was the first star of the game.

This was the most embarrassing loss i can remember.

Maybe the bruins look at themselves in the mirror and say " Good guys always finish last" "Time to be the bad guys again".

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
Go to YouTube, search subban bruins turtle and you'll see the elbow to Krejci and the resulting scrum...

I pleaded that Looch not engage Subban last nght fully expecting the same reaction.

I Did not want Loch to engage and was Proud that he didn't.

Given the handshake bulls hit and the general negative response he's given lately, I reckon this is the best/most mature reaction I've seen from him in a while and hope to see it continue.

D.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Go to YouTube, search subban bruins turtle and you'll see the elbow to Krejci and the resulting scrum...

I pleaded that Looch not engage Subban last nght fully expecting the same reaction.

Given the handshake bulls hit and the general negative response he's given lately, I reckon this is the best/most mature reaction I've seen from him in a while and hope to see it continue.

D.

Naw, he was afraid Subban might kick his ass.

RaskIsABrickWall

Jun 8, 2013
Shrewsbury
they just seem...mentally weak right now..something i really didn't see at all last year..maybe the injuries or lack of some talent idk..but man...gotta win the next few here

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal

D.
I don't understand this.

Right now the habs players, coach,media and fans are all praising PK for "standing up to Lucic"

If he turtled....he would not be praised.

The Bruins are supposed to initiate, not the other way around.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I don't know what you are smoking but to think Lucic not dropping the gloves versus a guy like Subban is the equivalent of turtling, well I really don't know what to tell you. it just shows you have no idea of the player Lucic used to be.

If Subban did this to Lucic even last year - forget about it.

That's not on lucic as much as it is on management and there need for 'controlled' play... first line winger... 6 mill asset.

Just like they 'talk' to marchandabout his 'antics'....self neutering...

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I don't understand this.

Right now the habs players, coach,media and fans are all praising PK for "standing up to Lucic"

If he turtled....he would not be praised.

The Bruins are supposed to initiate, not the other way around.

And if Lucic dropped his gloves and starting swinging... sub ban turtles... and that same media is beating the 'lucic is s goon' blah blah blah drum....

Just like their fans... the media will twist what ever happens to their benefit at the bruins expense.

Could you imagine if Subban thru a clean hit and Lucic came after him cross checking him to upper chest?

They'd have a field day.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
And if Lucic dropped his gloves and starting swinging... sub ban turtles... and that same media is beating the 'lucic is s goon' blah blah blah drum....

Just like their fans... the media will twist what ever happens to their benefit at the bruins expense.

Could you imagine if Subban thru a clean hit and Lucic came after him cross checking him to upper chest?

They'd have a field day.
Yes.

i like Lucic being known as a "goon" and Subban a "turtle"

That is how it is supposed to be. Not Subban stuck up for his teammate and confronted Lucic.

Last edited:

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Yes.

i like Lucic being known as a "goon" and Subban a "turtle"

That is how it is supposed to be. Subban stuck up for his teammate and confronted Lucic.

And when Lucic was wiggling his gloves?

He was confronting....life after death? Mortality? The strength of the superglue he used on his gloves before the game? Or getting on all fours faster than if Shawn Thornton was coming in for the big hit?

I bet Adam Sandler came into the habs locker room going, "you got your manhood, you got your manhood!!"

Right.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
What a horrible game.

All i want to know is why can't the Bruins beat Montreal?

They used to, and not that long ago. We got worse, they got better.

And, that's it. B's can't implement their game if they aren't physical and all buying in defensively, add all the not ready for primetime players.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
they just seem...mentally weak right now..something i really didn't see at all last year..maybe the injuries or lack of some talent idk..but man...gotta win the next few here

hard to say, I look at a team like the Hawks also playing exceptionally underwhelming hockey this season too, ebbs and flows of a cap era NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad