Post-Game Talk: Canadiens 5 Bruins 1

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
I'm ready for Chiarelli to make a good move rather than making the best of a situation he put himself in. I also want to hear that there's a drywall guy fixing some holes in Neely's office right now.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Just that I fully expect that he'll get his pound of flesh before all is said and done. Both with Weise and Subban. The only thing I could see preventing it next weekend is if the hand injury is worse than we know.

Fans have been ready to ride Lucic out of town close to every season he's been in the NHL, and then they're back in love with him a few weeks later. I suspect we'll see the same here.

Always excuses for this guy.He makes 6 mil per so I do not want to hear it.He gets plenty of ice time and has 3 goals.Time to be a pro and show up and play hard..My favorite player all time Terry OReilly should come have a talk to him about heart.OReilly would of punched holes in Looch or Subban if he tried what he did last nite.Remember Chris Nilan did same thing and Terry bloodied his face quick.Can never lose your respect like that vs a rival and he did last nite.

daleand

Aug 2, 2005
Trail,BC
While us fans are still hurting from the spanking we got the last 2 games and feel like Looch should have pounded on that Prima-Donna he did the right thing and show some restraint. It got the team on a power play only down 3-1, who knows what might have happened if the could have scored on the man advantage, there was still lots of hockey left at that point. He would have made himself look foolish going after Subban who wouldn't have dropped the stick or gloves anyways. It is a long season and I'm sure he will get filled in by someone on our team before the season is over. Campbell is willing but shouldn't fight he just gives the other team a lift by going down the way he did last night and I thought Fraser was a thrower, he sure didn't show that he knew what to do against that rookie. Montreal just plays that annoying style that brings out the worst in our team but their turn will come like when our guys took care of them in that line brawl a couple of years ago.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
After having 16 hours to calm down and opine on the situation I am still of one mind.

Looch shoulda kicked the **** outta that punk. Gloves on, gloves off doesnt matter.
Misconduct doesnt matter.
Suspension doesnt matter.

His hand should be in an ice bucket today and Subban should be in a dentist chair.

Don't tell the Bride - but - I love you.....

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
After having 16 hours to calm down and opine on the situation I am still of one mind.

Looch shoulda kicked the **** outta that punk. Gloves on, gloves off doesnt matter.

His hand should be in an ice bucket today and Subban should be in a dentist chair.

I love you man. :)

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
So far he chickened out vs George Laroque .Quit in fight vs Orr .Made fake threats looking like sook vs habs after losing.Speared guys in groin twice with stick and last nite vs Subban took cake.
Just tell me I am wrong and why and I will listen.I do not see how this guy gets 6 mil per.Huge huge mistake by Chia.

Root

Feb 22, 2010

seriously. someone finally had a great excuse to pop Subban in the face, and it was Lucic! and he didn't do it. what the ****?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
While us fans are still hurting from the spanking we got the last 2 games and feel like Looch should have pounded on that Prima-Donna he did the right thing and show some restraint. It got the team on a power play only down 3-1, who knows what might have happened if the could have scored on the man advantage, there was still lots of hockey left at that point. He would have made himself look foolish going after Subban who wouldn't have dropped the stick or gloves anyways. It is a long season and I'm sure he will get filled in by someone on our team before the season is over. Campbell is willing but shouldn't fight he just gives the other team a lift by going down the way he did last night and I thought Fraser was a thrower, he sure didn't show that he knew what to do against that rookie. Montreal just plays that annoying style that brings out the worst in our team but their turn will come like when our guys took care of them in that line brawl a couple of years ago.

Not unless there is a major attitude change with Chiarelli. They probably thought the same way as you last night when Lucic basically turteled against Subban.

This is a much different team than the one that beat up the Habs a few years ago in the line brawl you are referencing, even Campbell won a fight in that one.

Lucic has done nothing to resemble a tough player this year and the Canadiens must look at him as a total joke by now. Won't fight Laraque, threatens guys in a handshake line and doesn't have the guts to act on it the next year and now hides from P.K. F#####g Subban. Subban knew he wouldn't do anything otherwise he never would have put himself in a position to have to fight somebody who should be able to destroy him.

Lucic has become the Bruins Paul Gaustad.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North

seriously. someone finally had a great excuse to pop Subban in the face, and it was Lucic! and he didn't do it. what the ****?

Said last night should have seen vintage Neely on Claude Lemieux :nod:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not unless there is a major attitude change with Chiarelli. They probably thought the same way as you last night when Lucic basically turteled against Subban.

This is a much different team than the one that beat up the Habs a few years ago in the line brawl you are referencing, even Campbell won a fight in that one.

Lucic has done nothing to resemble a tough player this year and the Canadiens must look at him as a total joke by now. Won't fight Laraque, threatens guys in a handshake line and doesn't have the guts to act on it the next year and now hides from P.K. F#####g Subban. Subban knew he wouldn't do anything otherwise he never would have put himself in a position to have to fight somebody who should be able to destroy him.

Lucic has become the Bruins Paul Gaustad.

Brian Boyle -- even worse.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
So what if the Habs aren't a good team.
Doesn't change the fact that we aren't a good team.
That's what matters in the end.

Well, unlike you, I don't think we are a bad team.

We did play two awful games against the Leafs+Habs and if they keep on playing like that, they will likely miss the playoffs and have a top-10 pick.

But I don't think this team will keep on playing like that. And I don't think they'll play the last 64 games without Krejci+Chara either.

This team played two awful games and with the current injuries, anything over 500 is good results. But when everyone is healthy and playing up to their capacities, this is not a good team? Really?

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta

Lucic not destroying his was equivalent of Subban turtling. The one redeeming event that could have happened last night was Looch making Subban cry. He could have made him cry but didn't do anything.

I keep seeing this, but Subban is Marchand and Lucic is whatever Sedin this is:

marchand-punching-sedin-gif-o.gif

Every analyst keeps adamantly stating - this is NOT the Big Bad Bruins and they are right. THis team is soft and full of *******.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Relax, take a breath, step back from the ledge...

Some guys will be gone and when Chara / Krejci come back this is a different team. Not many can lose the 1D and 1C and still play to same. They should play better and with more emotion and you have to believe they will if you have any faith in the character of this team and staff.

As for Lucic and Subban - issue is Subban is a star in the league - only way he's losing teeth before the zebras jump in is pulling a McSorley on him. Yes it sucks and it's "not fair", but fair has nothing to do with it. This is the new NHL and the rough and tumble style is going to be perpetually on the edge with the zebras. With Subban if you can't beat him, join him Sick Marchard on his butt and cheap shot him, spear, slash, whatever is needed. Let the rat play to his style. Lucic jumps him and he's out 20 in this league these days. It's BS but that's the deal in the NHL today. Lawsuits and TV ratings rule.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Another positive- Joe Morrow continues to look very legit. Two blowouts in a row and unless I'm not remembering something, he looked fine in both. None of the 11 goals in that span can be attributed to anything he did. Excellent sign for a rookie dman.

I can't say because, truthfully, I changed the channel in the second period and checked in periodically. Morrow's name didn't come up in a negative way in any of the postmortem analyses.

So, we've got that going for us. :)

Last edited:

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Do I think Looch should've beat the **** out of Subban yes. But I see some of the same people who said he was being an ass when he made gestures towards the crowd. Now if jumped a punk like Subban thats considered a good move?.. damned if you do and damned if you don't I guess. No people are saying he's turtling? some people might want to look up the definition again.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Do I think Looch should've beat the **** out of Subban yes. But I see some of the same people who said he was being an ass when he made gestures towards the crowd. Now if jumped a punk like Subban thats considered a good move?.. damned if you do and damned if you don't I guess. No people are saying he's turtling? some people might want to look up the definition again.

If you don't think he turtled, then you need to look up the definition and Lucic's history.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If Lucic started teeing off on Subban i wouldn't even consider it a jumping. Subban was in his face, crosschecking him etc. The refs stood there and watched, there was pleanty of time for Lucic to do something there. I still can't believe he didn't, it really goes to show whats happening to this team.

Hell, Daniel Paille probably would have fought him there.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The one positive I saw last nite was play of Seth Griffith.He played very well.Like to see him play on 3rd line steady with Soda.Someone who can actually make nice passes and goes to front.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Subban asked him to fight then crosschecked him.Do not twist it please.He did nothing then for sake of powerplay but later when game was out of reach he did nothing too.;)

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
If you don't think he turtled, then you need to look up the definition and Lucic's history.

What the hell are you talking about? Are you habs fan? are you trying to bring up the Laraque incident from when he was like 19? Claude Lemieux vs Cam Neely... THATS A ****ING TURTLE INCIDENT. How about what Subban has done multiple times. If he just beats the **** out of Subban all he's gonna get is a suspension. You know this... ****ing Looch is a turtle. I've seen a few people say that.. get the **** outta here with that noise.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Subban asked him to fight then crosschecked him.Do not twist it please.He did nothing then for sake of powerplay but later when game was out of reach he did nothing too.;)

I'm sorry.. but if you think Subban wanted to fight looch you're insane.. He knew if he did that and looch dropped and he turtled he got looch for 2 min penalty. He's not ****ing dumb.. he's a *****.. but he isn't dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad