Post-Game Talk: Canadiens 5 Bruins 1

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
At least they have a pulse.

ya know, its funny.

but, and this might be hypocritical, we always liked Campbell for his willingness to to go and stick up for guys, but we always (and yes i a generalizing) accepted the fact that he probably would lose, but i think a big part of that, is it didn't matter.

there were still a handful of other guys that would go, and not lose, and that was always in the back of everyone minds, probably including the players.

but that's just not the case anymore, and just having a pulse and being willing, as admirable and appreciated as that is, is just not the same and has more of a negative effect than a positive one.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
And if Lucic dropped his gloves and starting swinging... sub ban turtles... and that same media is beating the 'lucic is s goon' blah blah blah drum....

Just like their fans... the media will twist what ever happens to their benefit at the bruins expense.

Could you imagine if Subban thru a clean hit and Lucic came after him cross checking him to upper chest?

They'd have a field day.

Lucic runs over a Hab with a clean hit. Subban cross checks him, Lucic challenges Subban, Subban refuses to fight and gets a cross checking penalty, and they score that a win for the Habs. Like I know they dominated the game and it was their night, but that is just ridiculous.

In hindsight it would have been better if Lucic just started abusing Subban worse than Komisarek, but still the spin is ridiculous.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Lucic runs over a Hab with a clean hit. Subban cross checks him, Lucic challenges Subban, Subban refuses to fight and gets a cross checking penalty, and they score that a win for the Habs. Like I know they dominated the game and it was their night, but that is just ridiculous.

In hindsight it would have been better if Lucic just started abusing Subban worse than Komisarek, but still the spin is ridiculous.

komi wanted the fights and dropped the gloves.

Subban never will.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Truth is, when the habs have beat us lately, it's because they did most everything better - little things and big things.

Skated better.
Passed better.
Got to pucks quicker.
Better decisions with the puck.
Hit more.
Scored when they had to.
Better goalie performance.
Got better calls going their way.

Until the B's improve their play vs the habs, nothing will change. Because even though on paper a healthy B's squad is probably the better team - the B's don't play better than the habs when we play them.

Simple, right?

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Maybe only against us... And if you're right that the Habs are one of the best the East has to offer, that is an awesome news. Makes that a very weak East.

They will have only 2 more wins this year against the B's. How they do in the other 63?

Habs:

Against B's: 2-0-0, 2 ROW, 11gf-5ga, 3PP goals
Against the NHL: 10-4-1, 6 ROW, 30gf-38ga, 1 PP goal

Bruins:

Against the Habs: 0-2-0, 5gf-11ga
Against the NHL: 10-6-0, 9 ROW, 43gf-37ga

The Habs are not a very good team. Likely a playoffs team cause of Price. But nothing to be afraid of. Especially for the rest of the NHL...

Take a second, long look at these numbers.

Canadiens: 21 points in 15 games.

Bruins: 20 points in 16 games.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
points are points, and the scabs have more, but ROW is definitely an interesting stat...no shootout in the playoffs

The playoffs are 5 months away.

Meanwhile, the objective is to be part of the playoffs and to do that, you have to amass points, any way you can.

You might not like the point system (I don't :cry: ), but it's the one teams have to deal with.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
It seems to me that every time we play the Habs so many things are predictable.

We will start well.
The ref will make a bad call
Canadians will score
Marchand or Lucic will take a penalty out of frustration
The entire team gives up (knowing no matter what they do they are going to lose).
If by any chance the Bruins are up by a goal with two minutes left, ref will pull a penalty out of his ass,if they fail to score in the first minute he'll pull another one out,habs score.
Montreal media and their fans will laugh at Bruins fans for always blaming refs.

Over and over again,it's like we're watching the same game.

Johnmbs1962

Jun 25, 2014
We've had more than a few rough looking teams over the years but this isn't supposed to be one of them......

One of the few times in my life I can actually say I was embarrassed of my team.....

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
ya know, its funny.

but, and this might be hypocritical, we always liked Campbell for his willingness to to go and stick up for guys, but we always (and yes i a generalizing) accepted the fact that he probably would lose, but i think a big part of that, is it didn't matter.

there were still a handful of other guys that would go, and not lose, and that was always in the back of everyone minds, probably including the players.

but that's just not the case anymore, and just having a pulse and being willing, as admirable and appreciated as that is, is just not the same and has more of a negative effect than a positive one.

Maybe for the (fight) fans its a negative.

Not for his teammates.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So far he chickened out vs George Laroque .Quit in fight vs Orr .Made fake threats looking like sook vs habs after losing.Speared guys in groin twice with stick and last nite vs Subban took cake.
Just tell me I am wrong and why and I will listen.I do not see how this guy gets 6 mil per.Huge huge mistake by Chia.

Honestly think Lucic was a better, smarter, more mature player when he was 20 than he is now.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It seems to me that every time we play the Habs so many things are predictable.

We will start well.
The ref will make a bad call
Canadians will score
Marchand or Lucic will take a penalty out of frustration
The entire team gives up (knowing no matter what they do they are going to lose).
If by any chance the Bruins are up by a goal with two minutes left, ref will pull a penalty out of his ass,if they fail to score in the first minute he'll pull another one out,habs score.
Montreal media and their fans will laugh at Bruins fans for always blaming refs.

Over and over again,it's like we're watching the same game.

As they should.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I don't know what you are smoking but to think Lucic not dropping the gloves versus a guy like Subban is the equivalent of turtling, well I really don't know what to tell you. it just shows you have no idea of the player Lucic used to be.

If Subban did this to Lucic even last year - forget about it.

I'm the one thats high but you think Subban actually had any inclination of wanting to fight?.. yeah.. i'm the rube. I know exactly what type of player you think Looch use to be.. The guy fought Chris Stewart couple of weeks ago.. He's fought Gazdic, Carkner and some serious tough dudes.. but since he didn't get sucked into a non fight with a known diver/turtle makes him a turtle? Again.. get the **** outta here with that ****.

:scared::scared:

A 4-4 vs a 5-4

:scared::scared:

Do you actually think it would just be a 2 or a 5.. If he pumps that dude and beats the **** out of him.. Like a good beat down (which I'm not against in any means) he gets a 5.. a game misconduct.. and a meeting with the league.. plus with the pressure of those ******** up there than he's gonna get some games.. No I like to see him in the line up and not caught up in a **** storm. He got a **** for making gestures.. what do you think the limp wristed NHL would do if he jumped him? Also it was good seeing throw his weight around against the canes.. but no.. he should just have jumped Staal or another star on the Canes so that we can all be like "ohhh thats the looch we use to know".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad