Canadian WJC team

Status
Not open for further replies.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
The same reason you judge every other player without seeing them play.

I thought you were the one commenting on WHL and OHL by simply looking at them on TV
;) ;)

I admit to not having seen more than on TV.
But they have not seen the Q guys that they discard so easy.
It is a simple matter to notice that what killed Canada at the end in the last few years has been the incapacity to produce offense in the key moments of the finals and it is not the Q guys fault.
Hard to be when absentee!

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
MikeC44 said:
If the lockout is still going, I would expect Nathan Horton and Brent Burns to make the team.

I just have a feeling Florida won't want him to go cause of injuries ( just my opinion iam not a mind reader lol) and this is the team i think we'll see at the WJHC

Burns - I don't like as a player sure he could play for this team but I think minnesota will want him in the AHL as they gave him to the team last year.

again just my predictions

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Captain Conservative said:
The players in bold are the ones that Fehr definitely should be ahead of in line to get on the team.

You can't be serious? So Fehr should be on the team over the team's leading scorer in Dawes? Or one of its best penalty killers in Colliton? Fehr is a scorer, the lineup has plenty already. Guys like Bolland would be there for their defensive ability, something that is always there on Team Canada. Not to mention he can produce offensively. Fehr could very well end up on the team, I'm just not sure where he would fit in.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
chsb said:
I thought you were the one commenting on WHL and OHL by simply looking at them on TV
;) ;)

I admit to not having seen more than on TV.
But they have not seen the Q guys that they discard so easy.
It is a simple matter to notice that what killed Canada at the end in the last few years has been the incapacity to produce offense in the key moments of the finals and it is not the Q guys fault.
Hard to be when absentee!

Why do you think I havent projected a team? Because i dont know enough about the other leagues.

I am not an expert, so i dont claim to be one.

We didnt lose because we couldnt score. Last time i checked we had a 3-1 lead....

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
ktownhockey said:
I just have a feeling Florida won't want him to go cause of injuries ( just my opinion iam not a mind reader lol) and this is the team i think we'll see at the WJHC

Burns - I don't like as a player sure he could play for this team but I think minnesota will want him in the AHL as they gave him to the team last year.

again just my predictions

Horton: I could see him held back if he IS hurt, but not because he might get hurt.

Burns: He isn't eligible for the AHL. But there are still some questions regarding him, such what position he is going to play. The last I read was that Minny was trying to convert him back defence.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Why do you think I havent projected a team? Because i dont know enough about the other leagues.

I am not an expert, so i dont claim to be one.

We didnt lose because we couldnt score. Last time i checked we had a 3-1 lead....

I agree with that, but it is pretty hard to show what you can do when you are absent.
The bottom line is that the fact that some positions are already a lock should be reviewed in light of the incapacity to get a gold the last few times around.
I agree that the loss to the US team was a heartbreaker.
Although I was amazed to see that super team by some counts crumble that easy under pressure.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
An envious list of players for sure....my choices if the team had to be picked today? No lockout...just the players at the camp. (Bergeron, Horton et al would be added if necessary)

Dubnyk
Shantz

Barker-Phaneuf
Coburn-Green
Belle-Seabrook
Weber
(A defense that has to cut Rogers, Schultz, Fistric, O'Neill ;) )

Pouliot-Carter-Crosby
Ladd-Getzlaf-Dawes
Picard-Perry-Stewart
Fehr-Chipchura-Bolland
Wolski

Still a nice little roster... :D

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
eddy said:
Here's what i'd like to see assuming all players of age are available:

forwards:
Stewart-Crosby-Bergeron
Richards-Getzlaf-Dawes
Ladd-Carter-Perry
Dixon-Chipchura-Colliton
Bolland

Defence:
Phaneuf-Coburn
Belle-Seabrooke
Green-Barker
Schultz

Dubnyk
Shantz
very thin on top end talent, very good two way players with some offense

db23

Everyone seems to have Kyle Chipchura on the team, which is a bit surprising. I'm a a Habs fan so I think it would be great if he was, but I'm not nearly as confident. There are a lot of more experienced centres available, along with Crosby who is a lock.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
surixon said:
very thin on top end talent, very good two way players with some offense

You can't be serious. Look at the talent on that team, several are top end. Carter, Getzlaf, Stewart, Crosby, Bergeron, Phaneuf, Coburn, etc., etc., etc. That type of statement shows me how much you know about these players.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Do you think they'd make make room for 17 year olds like Brule and LAtendresse? I think if either of them break out, they might be invited to the selection camp.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
chsb said:
Have you seen them play?
How can you judge of Picard, Bernier, Pouliot or Roussin without seeing them play.
The ones already stamped as sure shots for this year were seen on national TV and they lacked the offensive punch to secure the gold.
Funny that you don't talk about the faceoffs against Russia.

Yes. I've seen them all play (5 times minimum each)- and so has the full scouting/coaching staff of Hockey Canada. I could ask you the same question of course regarding Fehr, Brule, Bolland, Perry etc- but it doesn't really matter for the sake of my argument.
By the way, are you now talking about scoring punch or face-offs?

2nd by the way- Canada was not considered a sure shot for gold at all- Russia was the favourite. Third, Canada didn't play Russia in the WJCs, if that's what you're implying.

X-SHARKIE

Jeez louize folks.

Canada put together a young team last year knowing that it would reap the benifits in this years tournament.

If you dont' expect a guy like Steve Bernier, Eric Fehr, Nigel Dawes ect. ect. to play, while somone like Gilbert Brule does... Well I wont go into it.

But I expect an older line up of players in this years tournament. I can't see Canada dressing two young teams two years in a row.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
What type of start to the season would Zajac need to get a look?

He's doesn't need any kind of the start to the season, cuz he will get a look from Hockey Canada at the Junior Evaluation camp in August. Zajac has been invited and if he has a solid camp and a good freshman start in October he may be invited to the National Team selection camp in December. He has a very tough road ahead of him with the immense skill Canada has at the 1985 born level, especially forwards.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Here's my predictions:

Goalies
Dubnyk
Shantz

This shouldn't change, lockout or no lockout.

Defensemen
If there isn't a lockout:

Barker-Phaneuf
Belle-Coburn
Green-Seabrook
Shultz

If there is:

Barker-Phaneuf
Burns-Coburn
Belle-Seabrook
Weber
(if Burns goes forward, Weber goes in for him, and Green goes 7th)

Forwards

Stewart-Crosby-Dawes
Carter-Getzlaf-Perry
Ladd-Richards-Fehr
Dixon-Chipchura-Colliton
Bolland

If there is:

Stewart-Getzlaf-Horton(Crosby would normally go 1st line center, but 6'2" across the board is too awesome to pass up)
Carter-Crosby-Bergeron
Perry-Richards-Dawes
Ladd-Chipchura-Fehr
Colliton, Dixon
(if Burns is playing forward, he takes out Perry on line 3, who takes out Ladd on line 4, who takes out Dixon as a spare)

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Hercules Rockefeller said:
Here's my predictions:

Goalies
Dubnyk
Shantz

This shouldn't change, lockout or no lockout.

Defensemen

Barker-Phaneuf
Belle-Coburn
Green-Seabrook
Shultz

If there is:

Barker-Phaneuf
Burns-Coburn
Belle-Seabrook
Weber
(if Burns goes forward, Weber goes in for him, and Green goes 7th)

Forwards

Stewart-Crosby-Dawes
Carter-Getzlaf-Perry
Ladd-Richards-Fehr
Dixon-Chipchura-Colliton
Bolland

If there is:

Stewart-Getzlaf-Horton(Crosby would normally go 1st line center, but 6'2" across the board is too awesome to pass up)
Carter-Crosby-Bergeron
Perry-Richards-Dawes
Ladd-Chipchura-Fehr
Colliton, Dixon
(if Burns is playing forward, he takes out Perry on line 3, who takes out Ladd on line 4, who takes out Dixon as a spare)
I didn't realize Burns and Horton were still eligable i guess that sorta changes the prediction I had.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
MikeC44 said:
Horton: I could see him held back if he IS hurt, but not because he might get hurt.

Burns: He isn't eligible for the AHL. But there are still some questions regarding him, such what position he is going to play. The last I read was that Minny was trying to convert him back defence.

He played a couple games in Houston this season? I found it odd, but isnt it because he playedX amount of games in the NHL? or was it when Minnesotas season was done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad