Canadian teams could play playoff games in US cities.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Because of Canada's Covid rules. If they win the north playoffs they'd have to play a series versus an American team.
Yeah but wouldn't they have to play in the American team's building? Why would they play in Buffalo? Doesn't make much sense unless they play a team that isn't allowing fans in the building.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Yeah but wouldn't they have to play in the American team's building? Why would they play in Buffalo? Doesn't make much sense unless they play a team that isn't allowing fans in the building.

Well they could use buffalo's arena as there home arena since it is just over the border and then they can actual have a normal series with travel and will be able to have some fans in the building.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Just have a Final Four in a neutral bubble site. Somewhere that allows fans. And gambling. Makes it fair for everyone. And lowers Covid risk without extra travel.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Maybe they should play the SCF in Atlanta so they can finally build a solid fanbase there. :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I love how the Leafs are planning for the ECF not even half way into the season. Their city is going to riot when their annual playoff choke job happens.

I can't wait for this to happen. If my team can't win it all this year, I'll be rooting for a Leafs fail.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I love how the Leafs are planning for the ECF not even half way into the season. Their city is going to riot when their annual playoff choke job happens.
It's hard to do but I've managed to separate Toronto the fan base from Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club. They actually have nothing to do with one another. Makes their exciting team that plays the right way with some amazing veterans to route for alot easier. Jumbo and Spezza getting a cup would be great to see. I also enjoy seeing Sheldon Keefe get a group to buy in, something seemingly impossible in that market. He has managed to turn the hysteria of a media market and fanbase that can't control themselves over the smallest amount of success to white noise, given all his players a role and they are playing for one another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad