Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
FEVHeifWYAkjpWC

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I am less grumpy about Tomori now because I do actually think he'll make England's WC squad. There was a moment where I was scared he'd get just the one England cap.
Southgate doesn't watch Serie A. The FA won't pay for his RAI subscription. Once Tomori makes the move to england, he'll start to earn caps.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
TBH I'm not sure on that one. I think being outside is a want for the team going forward. Wouldn't be surprised if that plays a role in the decision.
From Herdman's post game interview, sounds like travel is his main concern when choosing a venue. Toronto/Hamilton/Ottawa look like frontrunners. Not sure if they can make it work at BMO. Maybe the CSA will see the momentum we have with this team and loosen the purse strings.

Reactions: robertmac43

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Same in Vancouver, no?

How is it possible to have part real grass, part turf stadium?

All I know is that BMO at least looks alot more like grass.

I'm kinda bummed that Vancouver probably won't get the January match at BC place, but I understand the decision.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I know this is a little off topic right now…..but has there been any rumours of eligible players being called up and maybe joining the national team? Feels like now that we’re pushing towards a World Cup berth it would be a good opportunity to seek out some players who were otherwise not on our radar.

Daniel Jebbison property of Sheffield is one to look out for, 18 year old CB. Currently playing for England U19.

The more I watch eustaquio, the more puzzled I get as to why he isn't playing on a bigger club.

A quick google search confirms that there are much bigger clubs going after his services though.

I'm surprised at least one of the big three within Portugal (Benfica, Porto, Sporting) haven't snatched him up yet, they see him weekly.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I'll be in Panama for the final game. Costa Rica would be nice but I don't want to miss the final home game!

Hoping we have a good January window and I can be confident enough to do a week in CR and then fly back to Toronto for the Jamaica match with us qualifying in one of those.

From Herdman's post game interview, sounds like travel is his main concern when choosing a venue. Toronto/Hamilton/Ottawa look like frontrunners. Not sure if they can make it work at BMO. Maybe the CSA will see the momentum we have with this team and loosen the purse strings.

Yup its 100% travel. 2 extra hours both ways between Honduras and El Salvador in addition to the CONCACAF shenaningans (leaving them on the tarmac etc). CSA charter plane isn't retrofitted to let players sleep at this point so Herdman is really focused on keeping the flights out of that time range.

Hamilton would be my optimal choice. Small stadium which lets us move tickets to V's/Forge/TFC groups and reduce availablity for away support,

Reactions: al secord

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Daniel Jebbison property of Sheffield is one to look out for, 18 year old CB. Currently playing for England U19.

Jebbison is a CF unfortunately... We have little in the pipeline even at CB even at youth level.

We will see some duals commit once eustaquio gets his big move. Its a business and when the fence sitters see what the exposure of playing for the CMNT, for a former fence sitter can do they will jump.

This movement all starts with Davies, he single handily as a social media darling, world class human, and footballer has increased the stature of our program in an unprecedented way.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
The CSA can't be that stupid to hold a game in Hamilton in an outdoor stadium. None of the players (including Canadians) want to play in -20C weather. Why not just play in Vancouver, where they will sellout the place within 48 hours, and make more money.

If they absolutely ahve to play an outdoor game in January, why not BMO Field in Toronto, where the atmosphere is 100 times better?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I wonder if Marcelo Flores has any regrets about deciding to play for the Mexican u-20s.

Not too late to commit to Canada, Marcelo

I’ve read that he doesn’t speak Spanish that well, but his father is a big Mexico fan. USA has bad that problem with a few players before.

I watched his game for Mexico sub-20 against USA sub-20 yesterday. He was the best Mexican player. Quick CAM with good dribbling skills. They had a few American kids as well, which is always strange to watch. I think Mexico needs a player like this, so it’d be big if Canada can bring him into their team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pink Mist

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
The CSA can't be that stupid to hold a game in Hamilton in an outdoor stadium. None of the players (including Canadians) want to play in -20C weather. Why not just play in Vancouver, where they will sellout the place within 48 hours, and make more money.

If they absolutely ahve to play an outdoor game in January, why not BMO Field in Toronto, where the atmosphere is 100 times better?
It sounds like Herdman has a lot of influence in this respect. Which also means he has the ear of the players. I'm not sure what the viable options are, but whatever the players agree upon, is fine by me.

Reactions: wingman75

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad