Canadian Soccer Part IIII: WCQ Edition

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
With WCQ on the horizon, I thought it was time for a new thread. Plus the last 1 is over 40 pages now; Canadian Soccer Part III

Got my tickets for both of the first 2 games! Cannot wait to see what this team can do!
Got mine as well! It'll be great to finally get out there and support the boys! Hopefully we can contain ourselves better than the Leeds and Man U supporters.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This was a great game. Always love to see the Ontario and Quebec top division teams put up a good fight against the pro teams. Wanderers through due to a penalty.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Any word on when our team gets announced for next week? After watching Besiktas, i think Atiba is ready to rock and roll if we call him up.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
You really think they (SoccerCanada OneSoccer CBC TSN) will mess this up completely?
I think they messed it up a while ago when they gave no air time to the sport. OneSoccer came in and gave SoccerCanada a broadcasting home when no one else would. So yeah I think OneSoccer will have the exclusive rights to the game.

Who knows though, maybe TSN or someone pays them to get the OneSoccer feed on their network.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
That's what I meant.

That's like a band that is finally starting to be good and get some attention but would refuse to be heard on commercial radio and muchmusic-musique plus at the time. It would be a huge fiasco for everyone involved if the games are only on OneSoccer.

Reactions: al secord

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That's what I meant.

That's like a band that is finally starting to be good and get some attention but would refuse to be heard on commercial radio and muchmusic-musique plus at the time. It would be a huge fiasco for everyone involved if the games are only on OneSoccer.
Yeah unfortunately I don't think there is a solution for the short term. OneSoccer will ride out their deal and maybe TSN/SN go in on the Canada Soccer games next time around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad