Olympics: Canadian forward who you were most impressed by

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Much has been talked about the defence of this team and there aren't words to describe how great it was but the forwards go a little unnoticed with that train of the thought. They were huge in the defensive game of course but they were also dominant offensively albeit not scoring all that much.

My question then is who was the most impressive forward. For me beyond Toews and Crosby it was Jamie Benn. I can't believe how well the guy can make plays. Sickening natural talent that guy.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I know virtually no one agrees, but I thought Rick Nash had a great tourney in a shut down role. Ya he spent a lot of time on his ass, but I thought he was good.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Really like what I saw from Benn as well, guy can make plays and has some nice dangles to boot.

Everyone else played (although maybe not produced) like I thought they would, i.e. pretty darn well, but Benn jumped out at me more than I thought he would.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Jamie Benn, already knew about all the others (not surprised by Bergeron for an example).

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
The other guy that impressed me without getting on the scoresheet was Tavares. I don't get to see him cause isles games are almost never on in the west but I heard he couldn't skate. He honestly looked almost as good as Crosby skating. Very powerful stride and so skillful.

tututooter21

Aug 18, 2010
B.C.
Nash, Benn, Bergeron performed better than I expected them too.

Like said before Nash was great in a shutdown role, he played his job great

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Toews compete level was just through the roof. I felt like Canada was going to be OK every time he stepped onto the ice, even in the more tense moments. Just commanded the game.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
Outside of the "big" players who played as expected (i.e., Crosby and Toews - who I thought were two of the best forwards), it'd be Benn for me.

Very impressive.

I actually thought Nash played well too in the role he had.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Jamie Benn, truly was the rising star of the forwards on this team similar to Toews in 2010 and Iginla in 2002. Most of the other guys have been around for awhile or play in a major market. Duchane was really the only other young forward who wasn't as known a commodity as the others, but he was in and out of the lineup.

hammerwielder

Jan 6, 2008
Canada
Jeff Carter. Did not expect him to make an offensive impact at all.

Carter. I couldn't believe his speed and impact on the big ice. Nash. Made a number of great offensive plays and backchecked with great speed. I put those two in the most surprising category, given that I was less than enamoured of their selection. That's why those guys pick the team and I sit in this chair. Getzlaf was a beast. But most impressive forward? Crosby by far.

Scott Hall

The Bad Guy
Jul 11, 2008
My vote goes to Patrick Marleau - thought he was done and had no business being on this team. Played his role to a T and helped provide support and speed to whoever he wound up playing with.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Crosby was definitely the best, even with not scoring many points. And I'd add Benn, especiall when he played with Tavares and Getzlaf (what a BS that he's slow, not even Corey Perry looked slow), Bergeron, Toews, Nash.....every player played well.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Benn. I said a year ago that I would take Benn over Hall, Seguin, Marchand and even Bergeron and was called out for overrating Benn.

He made every line he played on better.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Crosby was the best forward with Toews a really close second, but the guy who surprised me the most was Jamie Benn. He like almost all of the forwards had a few chances he could have finished on a bit more, but he always seemed to be in the right place to create a scoring chance. Carter was also great.

Perry, Getzlaf had his moments, Nash was strong, Bergeron...what a team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad