• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
Ok but how do you explain Brewer getting the nod over clear better defenceman such as Aucoin, McCabe, Hannan (before he got the call), etc. BTW, Brewer only made the 02' Olympic team for the same reason - Kevin Lowe, so dont use that as evidence.
Tha's nice. Do you have an inside source for your claims? Gretzky himself said he valued Brewer on the team, and after past success how can you justify putting in Aucoin or McCabe over him? Oh right they are better? Then again, Thorton is looking like one of the worst players in the tournament despite being one of the best. See why everything isn't based strictly on talent?

Mountain Dude

monster_bertuzzi said:
Ok but how do you explain Brewer getting the nod over clear better defenceman such as Aucoin, McCabe, Hannan (before he got the call), etc. BTW, Brewer only made the 02' Olympic team for the same reason - Kevin Lowe, so dont use that as evidence.

Well first of all he's far more experience than all those guys at this level, secondly, he had a great last 20-30 games with the Oilers.

I like how you think that ONLY Lowe is picking the team here, you do know its a team of like 6 guys right? And even so, why would Lowe pick him for the team if he didn't believe in him.

Stop being so ignorant, theres no way he's on the team only because Lowe wants him there.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Burke's Evil Spirit said:
Jose Theodore, dem.

I don't mind the idea of Brewer on the World Cup team. Pairing him with Jovanovski is sheer nonsense...especially with Jovanovski playing the right side, which he is unused to.

Do you watch any Canucks hockey?
Jovanovski virtually ALWAYS plays the right side (usually with Malik on the left).
He is far more comfortable playing his "off" side then the left side.
That is one reason Team Canada why Canada is going to use Jovo in spite of questionable performances in exhibition play.
Team Canada has ONLY ONE natural right-side dman (Foote).
Every other dman is a left-handed shot. Jovo prefers the right side, so he will slot in there.

Last edited:

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Steveorama said:
Do you watch any Canucks hockey?
Jovanovski virtually ALWAYS plays the right side (usually with Malik on the left).
He is far more comfortable playing his "off" side then the left side.
That is one reason Team Canada why Canada is going to use Jovo in spite of questionable performances in exhibition play.
Team Canada has ONLY ONE natural right-side dman (Foote).
Every other dman is a left-handed shot. Jovo prefers the right side, so he will slot in there.

he most likely meant left side, which was where he was playing when he was paired up with Brewer in the first exhibition game.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
I did not see either game (though I will enjoy tonight's game on Sportsnet).
If Jovo is playing the left side, then I realize why he has been sucking...he has been playing the right side for years now.
And I don't see the advantage of Brewer playing his off-side, given that Jovo is more useful from the point than Brewer is.
Assuming Eric is the "defensive conscience" of that pairing (shudder), it makes a hell of a lot more sense to have Brewer playing his natural, left-side position.
Be interesting to see how Quinn handles the pairs tonight.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Steveorama said:
I did not see either game (though I will enjoy tonight's game on Sportsnet).
If Jovo is playing the left side, then I realize why he has been sucking...he has been playing the right side for years now.
And I don't see the advantage of Brewer playing his off-side, given that Jovo is more useful from the point than Brewer is.
Assuming Eric is the "defensive conscience" of that pairing (shudder), it makes a hell of a lot more sense to have Brewer playing his natural, left-side position.
Be interesting to see how Quinn handles the pairs tonight.

in the second game they had Jovo on the right, with Redden on the left. IMO that's who and how Jovo should be paired with.

and Jovo was on the left when he was paired with Blake in Salt Lake, and he's never looked better. so i refuse to believe that his defensive lapses are caused from his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad