Canada will walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
monster_bertuzzi said:
Havent we learned our lesson? :shakehead

We already dubbed Lindros 'the next one' and soon after Kariya as well. I'm assuming that early 80's prospect you're refering to is Gretzky? DONT COMPARE CROSBY TO GRETZKY. Just let the kid play and develope.

Haven't all of Sid's goals been tap-in's on the PP?

No, I didn't mean Gretzky.

chicpea*

NYRangers said:
Last time I checked they couldnt even keep Ottawa ( a great Franchise ) around without switching owners.

Last time I checked a WJC exhibition game in the Peg drew about 5,000 more fans than the Preds did in the playoffs. What's your point? That it's inherently better to make a team play in a town that could care less about them? Or because there is potentially more money in Louisiana? If you think that's good for *hockey* well, all the power to you. I gather, though, that you just think it's good for a team's market shares and potential owner profit. The problem with the NHL these days isn't the players; it's the owners and fans who have never played hockey, but who do have spare change for "entertainment."

forgive me my delerious rant. I'm sick and going to bed now. :dunce:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Don_Cherry said:
Let me be the first to say it. Canada will not be threatened by anyone this year. Any team that plays Canada expecting a close game will be very sad when the third period comes around. Canada will win this tournament on cruise control. Crosby is miles ahead of Ovechkin at 17 and nobody creates players like Canada.

Hammer away and let the stats prove me right.

Ah jeeze, and they haven't played anyone of note. Not US, Russia nor Czech Republic. C'mon, this is basically the same team that went undefeated till the last period of the last game last year. Didn't we learn anything? The players have to play the game on the ice. What happens in a Canadian fan's imagination should be kept private.
:D

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
But I will agree with you about Crosby. He's great. The best I've seen in a long, long time. Ovechkin, I'm not sold on, I think he's overrated. Malkin and Kovalchuk will fair much better in the NHL.

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
onice said:
But I will agree with you about Crosby. He's great. The best I've seen in a long, long time. Ovechkin, I'm not sold on, I think he's overrated. Malkin and Kovalchuk will fair much better in the NHL.

I dont' think ovechkin is overrated at all. He's got the pure skills, size and speed. He's got a very good game. He can probably win a lot of games by himself.

Crosby has a better overall team game to go with his skills. Crosby can probably use his teammates much better.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Hart_House_Ca said:
I dont' think ovechkin is overrated at all. He's got the pure skills, size and speed. He's got a very good game. He can probably win a lot of games by himself.

Crosby has a better overall team game to go with his skills. Crosby can probably use his teammates much better.

probably
probably
probably.......................

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
blah blah

I also remember Lecavalier getting star treatment before his NHL career, and Alexandre Daigle was also a big story.

I want to see them all in the NHL.

And so far I have to give the advantage to Ovechkin simply because he's been playing with seniors for 2 years and that his stats in Russia are extremely good for a such young guy.

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
Don_Cherry said:
Let me be the first to say it. Canada will not be threatened by anyone this year. Any team that plays Canada expecting a close game will be very sad when the third period comes around. Canada will win this tournament on cruise control. Crosby is miles ahead of Ovechkin at 17 and nobody creates players like Canada.

Hammer away and let the stats prove me right.

This is hilarious. Every year Canada beats up on the patsies like Germany and Seden (yes, Seden has become a patsie in the last few WJC)and Slovakkia and then folds in the games that matter. This year is following exactly the same pattern so far.

For example, last year it was:

Can 10 - Ukr 2
Can 7 - Swiss 2
Can 5 - Czech 2
Can 7 - Czech 1

Final USA 4 - Can 3

Canada hasn't played a decent team yet and their big weak spot, goaltending, is finally tested.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
First of all, all bow down before Canada, the almighty in hockey :bow:

Second of all, Finland can't keep up with Canada. We had a tough game last night against the Swedes, so the players will be tired, though confident. As I understand, Rask was horrible last night. Hallikainen played good I heard in the lasst period, but lets face it, even with Hallikainen playing his dream game, we'd have a difficult time even making the game hard for Canada.

Habitantpeasoup

Jul 5, 2004
Za Great White North
arnie said:
This is hilarious. Every year Canada beats up on the patsies like Germany and Seden (yes, Seden has become a patsie in the last few WJC)and Slovakkia and then folds in the games that matter. This year is following exactly the same pattern so far.

Can 10 - Ukr 2
Can 7 - Swiss 2
Can 5 - Czech 2
Can 7 - Czech 1

Final USA 4 - Can 3

Canada hasn't played a decent team yet and their big weak spot, goaltending, is finally tested.

A decent team like who? The Americans! they barely beat the Swiss & lost against Belarus but they beat Russia which does'nt say much for them so what decent teams are you talking about.......? :dunno:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
arnie said:

Can 10 - Ukr 2
Can 7 - Swiss 2
Can 5 - Czech 2
Can 7 - Czech 1

Final USA 4 - Can 3

we can blame the last two gold medal games on the loser that was in goalie. MA Fleury = Choker

littleD

wilka91 said:
I want to see them all in the NHL.

And so far I have to give the advantage to Ovechkin simply because he's been playing with seniors for 2 years and that his stats in Russia are extremely good for a such young guy.

If you want to see them in the NHL first, how can you go straight to giving Ovechkin an advantage? That makes no sense.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
jtuzzi21 said:
If Rask has an amazing game, the Fins may suprise. I'm not saying they will win, they don't have the depth. They have some amazing top end guys, like Tukonen, Korpikoski, etc.
IF Raask plays well....

Well based on the pre-tournament game 6-0 Canadian victory it's not looking to promising for the fins..

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
It takes a hot goaltender to stop Canada and Finland, Czechs and USA all have a goaltender with the ability to put up a great game. Montoya has no confidence right now but Schwarz and Rask are doing well at the moment.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
littleD said:
If you want to see them in the NHL first, how can you go straight to giving Ovechkin an advantage? That makes no sense.

The answer lies in my message.

Ovechkin is playing in the Russian superleague, which has today a lot of players who play or have played in the NHL. That's why I give him the edge. Crosby has played with kids younger than 20 all his life.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Until Canada beats Russia, I wouldn't make such a bold statement. We rolled over the weaker-decent teams but every game now is huge. Finland then Russia/USA then Russia/USA, at least that how I see it. There's no more Germany or Sweden now.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
ktownhockey said:
IF Raask plays well....

Well based on the pre-tournament game 6-0 Canadian victory it's not looking to promising for the fins..

Even if they were missing a key player or two, I doubt Canada was firing on all cylinders either.

With the tough game yesterday, I think we expect a blowout today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad