Canada will walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Let me be the first to say it. Canada will not be threatened by anyone this year. Any team that plays Canada expecting a close game will be very sad when the third period comes around. Canada will win this tournament on cruise control. Crosby is miles ahead of Ovechkin at 17 and nobody creates players like Canada.

Hammer away and let the stats prove me right.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
MOGiLNY said:
does Crosby turn you on?

If by 'turns you on', you mean 'plays the game better than any prospect since the early 80's' then, yes. Yes he does turn me on.

cstu

May 6, 2004
Would be nice if it were true, but we haven't exactly had any stellar opponents yet. It's hard to tell what the boys will do against one of the better teams.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think Russia may present a challenge, but I have no idea what the pool is looking like and am not sure if Russia is even in contention to face Canada. But their defense and goaltending is just way, way too bad to actually beat Canada.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Don_Cherry said:
Crosby is miles ahead of Ovechkin at 17 and nobody creates players like Canada.

I agree, Crosby will be miles ahead of Gretzky and Messier combined.

Canada is a hockey gold-land. You create players as easily as I crap.

You guys own the NHL, you even have 6 out of 30 teams.

Robbie Earl and Alex Steen are god.

I praise you, almighty Canada.
:bow:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Don_Cherry said:
If by 'turns you on', you mean 'plays the game better than any prospect since the early 80's' then, yes. Yes he does turn me on.
i agree with canada part, but this statement is getting a little carried away. havent all his goals been on the pp? havent they spanking everyone by such a large number that any one players performance gets a little lost? how can say crosby turned germany on its ear....when you won 9-0? if he was lighting it up in tight games, it would be a lot easier to agree with you, but as an earlier poster said....that hasnt happened yet.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
I think Russia may present a challenge, but I have no idea what the pool is looking like and am not sure if Russia is even in contention to face Canada. But their defense and goaltending is just way, way too bad to actually beat Canada.

i dont know bout defence, but ovechkin and malkin will score

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Don_Cherry said:
Let me be the first to say it. Canada will not be threatened by anyone this year. Any team that plays Canada expecting a close game will be very sad when the third period comes around. Canada will win this tournament on cruise control. Crosby is miles ahead of Ovechkin at 17 and nobody creates players like Canada.

no, why'd you have to jinx us now!??? :eek:

RoyIsALegend*

Russia will be the only challenge Canada has.

The States are absolutely in shambles.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
If Rask has an amazing game, the Fins may suprise. I'm not saying they will win, they don't have the depth. They have some amazing top end guys, like Tukonen, Korpikoski, etc.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
MOGiLNY said:
i dont know if you are sarcastic, but i think nylnader is a helluva player
check the avatar. ive watched since he started and have always enjoyed. i was retorting to the post about crosby being the best prospect since the 80's and i was just making a point with a couple of names that lit the world on fire, though not the nhl. i love nylander, but his career didnt go close to how it seemed it would when he started with the whale. pierre mcguire ruined him in hartford and set back a few years in development....it took him a long time to get back on track.

Shappa

Oct 11, 2002
We've beaten Slovakia, Germany, and Sweden... three teams who aren't medal favorites.

If we roll through Finland tomorow, then this thread has more merit to it. I'm one of those who thinks that this is probably the best team we've ever sent, but until we defeat the U.S. or Russia, I don't think it's right to start talking about how dominate we are.

And also, If AO is playing with Malkin, he would be leading the tournament in scoring right now. So there :D

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
bleedgreen said:
check the avatar. ive watched since he started and have always enjoyed. i was retorting to the post about crosby being the best prospect since the 80's and i was just making a point with a couple of names that lit the world on fire, though not the nhl. i love nylander, but his career didnt go close to how it seemed it would when he started with the whale. pierre mcguire ruined him in hartford and set back a few years in development....it took him a long time to get back on track.

nylander had injury troubels.. francis didnt plya good forleafs

Feb 24, 2004
Let me point out that the two years previous Canada had not lost until the finals. The same thing can happen this year.

Does crosby turn me on?

I think it's safe to say that I have a non-sexual crush on him. :dunce:

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Don_Cherry said:

It all depends how the playoff round plays out. If Canada has to face Russia in the semi that will be the gold medal game right there!

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
I think you just might be right. This is as dominant a team as Canada has ever fielded and I wouldn't be surprised if they win every game by 4/5+ goals. However, I need to reiterate the old adage. In a one game showdown, anything can happen.

Russia has some very talented top end players who are capable of taking over a game. The United States is not to be dismissed. Sure, they were pitiful versus Belarus but they are capable of bouncing back. The rest of the field led by the Czechs & Slovaks would require everything to come together (terrific 'tending, solid team defensive effort, timely goals) to beat Canada but it is possible.

Canada should win (and may walk) but let's just see how things unfold.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Don_Cherry said:

Havent we learned our lesson? :shakehead

We already dubbed Lindros 'the next one' and soon after Kariya as well. I'm assuming that early 80's prospect you're refering to is Gretzky? DONT COMPARE CROSBY TO GRETZKY. Just let the kid play and develope.

Haven't all of Sid's goals been tap-in's on the PP?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
NYRangers said:

sweet
bow Ranger fan!
btw, we should have more teams in Canada cause place like Nashville, Florida, Carolina, Anaheim could give a rat's a$s about hockey
bring back the Jets and Nords :yo:

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
e-townchamps said:
btw, we should have more teams in Canada cause place like Nashville, Florida, Carolina, Anaheim give a rat's a$s about hocket

Last time I checked they couldnt even keep Ottawa ( a great Franchise ) around without switching owners.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
NYRangers said:

Robbie Earl and Steen ... Now this notion I can easily support .. Perhaps I judged you unfairly, and then after that extreme highly thought out prospect analysis., I have changed my tune :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad