GDT: Canada vs. USA: Semi-final

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
5a0c3ce0-9a66-11e3-a6aa-3d59e9c1043a_bieberbillboard022014.jpg

10:00 am MT

CBC

I just watched Ron McLean try to reference the above sign, but he got it backwards and said the winner would keep Bieber. I don't think he understands the young people of today.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Bouwmeester with the great play to Benn who gets the first goal.

Can't believe Kunitz is still playing; flubs chance after chance and yet people still find excuses for him. The guy has no business being anywhere near an Olympic team.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
It amazes me we couldn't get more for Bouwmeester watching this game. He plays an amazing consistent defenceman. Barely makes a mistake and makes smart plays.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Benn is sooooo good.. JBo playing up to the standards we know he can play

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Solid win. Price was terrific, as was Quick. Canada's defense is out of this world. Glad to see Bylsma crash and burn.

Kunitz still sucks though. Put St.Louis or Duchene with Crosby and Canada probably wins by three or four.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I feel like given we're able to play that kind of game so well where we just wear down the other team in their own end, we should be able to beat Sweden, who seem to be set up very similarly to the US with their strength up front and in goal and their weakness on D.

I feel vindicated in my support for Price. Hasn't put a toe out of line so far.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
I truthfully don't understand all the Kunitz hate lately.. Sure I, like everyone else was surprised and a little choked that Kunitz made the team in the beginning, but he played amazing today. Generated most of Canadas chances, just couldn't finish.

The hate astounds me, especially when guys like Nash and to a lesser extent Keith (who IMO played awful, slow as molasses) get by without anyone batting an eye.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
:laugh:

Still a decent game haha.

:laugh: Expectations for Kunitz are so low that so long as he doesn't score on his own net, he's had a 'decent' game.

Must be hard for St.Louis though; having to sit on the bench with his art ross trophy and watch Kunitz flub one glorious scoring chance after another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad