Votes: 14 8.6%
  • Canada in 6 games

Votes: 50 30.7%
  • Canada in 7 games

Votes: 29 17.8%

• Total voters

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I am surprised to agree with most in here. I see Murray as the deciding factor in Canada's favour. Very, very even. USA is doing a very good job of producing players. Someone from Hockey Canada should take a look at this and see just how close this comparison is.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I am surprised to agree with most in here. I see Murray as the deciding factor in Canada's favour. Very, very even. USA is doing a very good job of producing players. Someone from Hockey Canada should take a look at this and see just how close this comparison is.

very close indeed. I'd give Canada a slight advantage even with that not so optimal roster. I'd make a few adjustments. would be hell of a series though. I wise Hockey Canada and USA Hockey get off their asses and make a best 4 out of 7 series a thing.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Murray's the lesser of the two goalies.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
On paper Canada's forwards a bit better, USA defense a bit better, Canada's goalies a bit better. I'll take USA in 7 cuz I'm a USA homer.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Corey Crawford has more Stanley Cups than Henrik Lundqvist.

Did Crawford put up elite playoff numbers behind a terrible defense like Murray did?

Not sure why you're bringing up 2 old guys in an U24 thread either.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Did Crawford put up elite playoff numbers behind a terrible defense like Murray did?

Not sure why you're bringing up 2 old guys in an U24 thread either.

I don't think Pittsburgh defense is terrible, I don't think the players are great, but they work well within the system, they play the Torts defensive system well, Sullivan is a Torts disciple.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I don't think Pittsburgh defense is terrible, I don't think the players are great, but they work well within the system, they play the Torts defensive system well, Sullivan is a Torts disciple.

The system where they got outplayed almost every game last playoffs? The defense was brutal in the playoffs and it carried over to this season, expecially with Letang being a tire fire since his return from neck injury.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The system where they got outplayed almost every game last playoffs? The defense was brutal in the playoffs and it carried over to this season, expecially with Letang being a tire fire since his return from neck injury.

Also helps when you have two generational players on offense. Pittsburgh mostly won because they outscored the opposition, Nashville ended up with a lower GAA during the postseason.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Canada really needs to start developing some D men looking at guys taken in the past 3 or so years and guys projected to be taken in the next two it seems like all of the U.S, Finland, Sweden and Russia are developing more talent on the back end.

I think maybe Sanheim in over Morrisey.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
USA in 6.

Their advantage on defense and goaltending is by a wider margin than Canada's advantage at forward.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I love the USA's top line and dmen, but Canada really crushes them in forwards depth.
the majority of the bottom 6 and extras for USA wouldn't even make Canada as spares.

Connor on line 3 with just 16pts/36 games?
Galchenyuk making the team?

pretty meh

Give it a rest man. Connor has 12 points in 18 games this season. The coach mismanaged him last season before sending him down to the AHL playing him with Thorburn in the bottom 6 or having him as a healthy scratch. He's not looked bad at all since he was called up to take Perreault's place this year.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Give it a rest man. Connor has 12 points in 18 games this season. The coach mismanaged him last season before sending him down to the AHL playing him with Thorburn in the bottom 6 or having him as a healthy scratch. He's not looked bad at all since he was called up to take Perreault's place this year.
nothing against the kid but he wouldnt sniff canadas roster.

Point with 21pts is the 4th line LW in this setup

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
No knock on Murray or Gibson, but this is definitely not the golden age for goalies from either country

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
A healthy Robby Fabbri would be a nice addition to that Canadian forward group.

Would also like to suggest a Joel Edmundson upgrade to their D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad