• Canada in 6 games

Votes: 50 30.7%
  • Canada in 7 games

Votes: 29 17.8%

• Total voters

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Who would win a 7 game series? It's only players born in 1993 or later. I didn't put much thought into the lines so if you have better ones or if I'm missing someone feel free to suggest them,

Canada

Forwards:

Drouin - McDavid - MacKinnon
Huberdeau - Scheifele - Marner
Mantha - Monahan - Barzal
Point - RNH - Horvat

Extras: Domi, Jenner

Defense:

Reilly - Parayko
Nurse - Hamilton
Morrissey - Ekblad

Extra: Girard

Goalies:

Murray
Subban

USA

Forwards:

Gaudreau - Matthews - Boeser
Tkachuk - Eichel - Larkin
Connor - Keller - Guentzel
JT Miller - Trochek - Galcenyuk

Extras: Schmaltz, Debrincat

Defense:

Slavin - Trouba
Werenski - Jones
Gostisbehere - Skjei

Extra: McAvoy

Goalies:

Gibson
Hellebuych

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Before I saw the teams, I expected I'd vote USA. I think Canada has the edge. Canada in 6. Great poll.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Very even teams dont like RNH anywhere near the first line though. He would be used in a shut down role considering the rest of the roster.

For example Mantha on a scoring line and then move Domi as the extra and RNH into the shut down line with Horvat.

Reactions: Not My Tempo

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Canada in 5-6

More depth up front. Top 2 lines often cancel each other out in a series, it’s your 3rd and 4th that end up making a difference.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
USAs D and goalie could make it really tough but i like Canadas offense. Ill say in 7 because we all know what can happen in a 7 games series and that goal prevention ability would really make things tight

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think the USA takes it. That top 4 defenseman core is just unreal. Add Gibson in net and I just think they would be too tough to beat.

Having Gaudreau feeding Matthews might be tough to stop as well.

Reactions: Skobel24

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I love the USA's top line and dmen, but Canada really crushes them in forwards depth.
the majority of the bottom 6 and extras for USA wouldn't even make Canada as spares.

Connor on line 3 with just 16pts/36 games?
Galchenyuk making the team?

pretty meh

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Canada, but I don't know if it takes 6 or 7 games. I see Ekblad stepping up here and becoming the defenseman that we always thought he would be. Having Nathan MacKinnon as a fifth centre is a luxury. And having a guy in Matt Murray, who has won the last two Stanley Cups, in net is comforting against all of that American talent. USA looks really talented too.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I didn't expect US to look this good tbh (or Canada this bad, I think it's more that, im not very impressed by their roster at all).
I vote Canada in 6. Murray is the key for me. Back to back cups, and you could say back to back conn smythe worthy performances. i wouldn't bet against him in a playoff setting especially vs mostly unproven goalies on the other side in similar situations.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Canada's advantage at forward outweighs USAs advantage at defense

Also I'd swap Larkin and Keller. Larkin is wasted on the wings, is a better 200ft player, and is better at faceoff. That being said I don't really want to nitpick lines because that's not what this poll is about..

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
When I saw the title my first thougth was USA wins that easily. Then, looking at the rosters, I think it's close.
Quite frankly, I wish we could do this, this summer. It would be amazing.
But I think the golden age of USA hockey is upon us. The NDP is churning out some incredible talent.

I went US in 6. But US in 7 or Canada in 6 or 7 are all very reasonable guesses.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Sean Couturier is missing from Canada. Seeing how he made Team NA a year ago, he would make Canada especially with the year he is having.

Reactions: JHockey123

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Sean Couturier is missing from Canada. Seeing how he made Team NA a year ago, he would make Canada especially with the year he is having.
I only used players born in 1993 and later, figured there are players turning 25 in the next month, so I just decided to make January 1st 1993 the cutoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad