GDT: Canada Vs Finland | 12/31 @ 6PM ET | TSN/NHLN

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Man as a Florida fan, I’m not used to fans defending our prospects so vehemently :laugh:

In all seriousness Levi has played well but he hasn’t been tested much: let’s see him win a close game before anointing him as too much. I’m excited to see him play as a future Panther and it’s good to see him not lose a game for the team yet but still much to learn
He's been tested about as much as knight except for that russian game, and knight was really bad that game. Levi on the other hand played great when he went against the Russians.

I am not saying he is a better prospect then Knight but i've watched all the games both have been involved in and Knight has definitely not been the better goalie at this tournament so far, I don't think he has even been as good yet.

If anyone is making the claim that Knight has been the better goaltender between the two at this thing thus far they must be doing so on draft rep and not performance.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I prefer a little later at night.

Years ago, I was talking with someone associated with scheduling the WJR and he said TSN insisted on the early evening Canadian games.
They should. It is when they can draw the most people to advertisers.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
He's been tested about as much as knight except for that russian game, and knight was really bad that game. Levi on the other hand played great when he went against the Russians.

I am not saying he is a better prospect then Knight but i've watched all the games both have been involved in and Knight has definitely not been the better goalie at this tournament so far, I don't think he has even been as good yet.

If anyone is making the claim that Knight has been the better goaltender between the two at this thing thus far they must be doing so on draft rep and not performance.
Uh, I don’t see the point of comparing them to be honest even as a Florida fan in this thread: I disagree though given Knight’s performance against Sweden.

Levi has done everything that Canada has asked him to; they just haven’t asked him to do anything too big :) The game against Finland would have been his first test and he had like five shots against for the first 30 minutes: not his fault though. Let’s see what Levi does when he is asked to do something big :)

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Uh, I don’t see the point of comparing them to be honest even as a Florida fan in this thread: I disagree though given Knight’s performance against Sweden.

Levi has done everything that Canada has asked him to; they just haven’t asked him to do anything too big :) The game against Finland would have been his first test and he had like five shots against for the first 30 minutes: not his fault though. Let’s see what Levi does when he is asked to do something big :)
I've already seen both when asked to do something big, once against Russia ( Sweden wasn't very good last night, I thought Knight was good but that wasn't an under big siege performance imo) Knight didn't look good against Russia but Levi was great.

He hasn't been a better goaltender here yet, though maybe he will put his stamp on that in the games to come.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Poor Pierre.

I knew said someone who worked at TSN and she said there was NO ONE kinder than Pierre McGuire.

He’s just kind of that nerdy little guy who sincerely just loves hockey.

He might be a bit creepy but his knowledge and passion for the sport are authentic and genuine.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I've already seen both when asked to do something big, once against Russia ( Sweden wasn't very good last night, I thought Knight was good but that wasn't an under big siege performance imo) Knight didn't look good against Russia but Levi was great.

He hasn't been a better goaltender here yet, though maybe he will put his stamp on that in the games to come.
That’s an exhibition game? I don’t see how you devalue a game that determines seeding to argue for an exhibition game

Once again, Levi has done what’s asked of him but has not been asked to do anything special: I’m hopeful that he’ll do that of course

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
That’s an exhibition game? I don’t see how you devalue a game that determines seeding to argue for an exhibition game

Once again, Levi has done what’s asked of him but has not been asked to do anything special: I’m hopeful that he’ll do that of course
Russia and Canada went at it hard that game,perhaps you didn't get to watch it. It was a tougher game then last nights tilt imo and Levi was great, he did get a shutout after all. I don't care if it's an exhibition game, a demo of hockey in Botswana or shinny on Hudsons bay, if Canada and Russia play each other they go hard.

I am not sure how anyone would devalue that game but not devalue the game last night with Swedens effort in a back to back where they played a tough game against russia the day before, a team that beat the u.s.

Knight hasn't been asked to do anything special yet either aside from that russian game, and in that game he failed. He was indeed asked to do a lot in that game as the U.S were outplayed but he didn't do it.

I just don't see how anyone could say he has played better then Levi yet. He may end up doing so but he hasn't yet.

Last edited:

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Like Ray just fine but miss Pierre, like barnacles on a boat, he just grew on you.
you cannot deny his love and passion for the game and his knowledge is likely among the greatest in his position. I've always like Pierre and the TSN crew. I was here when Gord Miller and Bob Mckenzie used to post here. I remember Bob dressing down a posters and never returning.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
you cannot deny his love and passion for the game and his knowledge is likely among the greatest in his position. I've always like Pierre and the TSN crew. I was here when Gord Miller and Bob Mckenzie used to post here. I remember Bob dressing down a posters and never returning.
I remember both Gord and Bob here, I missed the dressing down part. I seem to remember him later calling the posters here a bunch of "asshats" if my memory serves me correct.

Bob right on the money again!! is he ever wrong?

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I remember both Gord and Bob here, I missed the dressing down part. I seem to remember him later calling the posters here a bunch of "asshats" if my memory serves me correct.

Bob right on the money again!! is he ever wrong?
In 25 words or less, what was the fight about?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad