Canada or the USA U18?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
It WAS a problem. Shots were 27-11 Canada and we were down 3-1. When your goalie isnt coming up with the big stops it is hard to concentrate on puting the puck in the net.

Well, I think ths USA ended up with 30+ shots, so the goaltending wasn't bad. The fact Canada didn't score more than 1 goal wasn't a problem I guess?

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
It WAS a problem. Shots were 27-11 Canada and we were down 3-1. When your goalie isnt coming up with the big stops it is hard to concentrate on puting the puck in the net.

The shot count was a bit deceiving. Kessel is scoring on that break away no matter who is in net. Deadly shot. And the deflection goal was perfect. Two of the first three goals weren't ones he should have or could have had.

You do need goalies to come up with big saves but when you give up those kinds of scoring chances it's not realistic. Even though the shot count was very low, the shots were high quality.

Price didn't shine and he wasn't spectacular, but he wasn't the difference between gold and silver by any means.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
HabLover said:
Well, I think ths USA ended up with 30+ shots, so the goaltending wasn't bad. The fact Canada didn't score more than 1 goal wasn't a problem I guess?

Ok so Price can make the big saves when the game is 4-1. Props to him.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Le Golie said:
The shot count was a bit deceiving. Kessel is scoring on that break away no matter who is in net. Deadly shot. And the deflection goal was perfect. Two of the first three goals weren't ones he should have or could have had.

You do need goalies to come up with big saves but when you give up those kinds of scoring chances it's not realistic. Even though the shot count was very low, the shots were high quality.

Price didn't shine and he wasn't spectacular, but he wasn't the difference between gold and silver by any means.

Price commited way too early on that poke check. Kessel was still 15 feet away.

The USA gave up those chances but Frazee made the saves.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
La-La-Laprise said:
Price commited way too early on that poke check. Kessel was still 15 feet away.

The USA gave up those chances but Frazee made the saves.

How many of Canada's shots were quality scoring chances? From what I've heard, the scoring chances were at least even.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Mobey said:
How many of Canada's shots were quality scoring chances? From what I've heard, the scoring chances were at least even.

If they were even than why did Price allow 4 times more goals??

Price wasnt the main problem we lost but he was weak in goal. He was shaky all tournement.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
La-La-Laprise said:

Price wasnt the main problem we lost but he was weak in goal. He was shaky all tournement.

Oh, I wasn't defending Price, I was actually just asking the question in regards to the game, since I didn't see it. From what I've read, while Canada had a ton of shots, most of them were perimeter shots, and not a lot of "quality" shots.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Mobey said:
Oh, I wasn't defending Price, I was actually just asking the question in regards to the game, since I didn't see it. From what I've read, while Canada had a ton of shots, most of them were perimeter shots, and not a lot of "quality" shots.

Well they had about 3 clear cut breakaways alone. Id say by the end of the game the chances were even.

masked man

Nov 29, 2003
La-La-Laprise said:
Well they had about 3 clear cut breakaways alone. Id say by the end of the game the chances were even.

TSN stated after the 1st period scoring chances where 6 to 1, no other similar stats where stated during the game, and then of course the American hit on Colton changed the topic of discussion.

NWDood

Apr 18, 2005
Vancouver
La-La-Laprise said:

The Carey Price you saw at this tournament is not the Carey Price you see in mid-season. Like I said in a couple of earlier posts, he's got to be tired physically and mentally. As a young goalie playing 80-90 games, putting up outstanding regular season and play-off numbers, team MVP at 17 years old is a great accomplishment but there comes a time when the tank is empty. He didn't have to go, he had nothing to gain, but he went anyway and my hats off to him. You wonder why Gilbert Brule didn't want to go? He was hurt sure, but why go when you're not 100% and be abused by the fans and media alike for every mistake - especially Canadian fans. Pricey is a good guy and a great goalie. I hate it when people who have never played at that level feel it's necessary to take pot shots at these kids. The older guys are finding more and more excuses not to go and represent Canada - it's not worth it anymore.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
HabLover said:
Didn't Canada have 49 shots on net? I guess JJ wasn't part of that monumental collapse cuz he is in a totally different stratosphere than anyone else! :biglaugh:

Thanks for calling me out on something owned up to yesterday and for attributing comments to me that aren't mine. You're like an unwelcome dog that needs a kick in the stomach.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Thanks for calling me out on something owned up to yesterday and for attributing comments to me that aren't mine. You're like an unwelcome dog that needs a kick in the stomach.

No, but you and NMK go hand in hand!....and what ever else. ;)

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Mobey said:

I don't think the scoring chances were even, not quality ones anyways. Canada put roughly 49 shots on Frazee and I bet you 10 - 20 shots easy were blocked by USA players, some led to a shot on net, but most were cleared out of the zone. That was a big difference in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad