Victor Hedman - Erik Karlsson
Oliver Ekman-Larsson - John Klingberg
Mattias Ekholm - Rasmus Dahlin
Hampus Lindholm

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Sweden easily. No idea why Letang is #7 he should arguably be the # 1 D.
200.gif

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Which team has the better D currently?

Canada:

Shea Theodore - Alex Pietrangelo
Dougie Hamilton - Cale Makar
Thomas Chabot - Aron Ekblad
Kris Letang

Sweden:

Victor Hedman - Erik Karlsson
Oliver Ekman-Larsson - John Klingberg
Mattias Ekholm - Rasmus Dahlin
Hampus Lindholm
I don't know how much this matters but the last time we saw a best vs best tournament with NHL players it was the 2016 World Cup of Hockey and Sweden still lost despite having Hedman, Karlsson, and Ekman-Larsson on that team.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Makar sure, Ekblad maybe, but Pietrangelo is arguably the best defenceman in the NHL. Definitely the best right handed one.

Not in reality. Dude isn’t even the best defenseman in the league and his usage over the last year pretty much spells it out.

That being said. The D would be Weber, Doughty and Piets on the right side if Team Canada was making it.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Not in reality. Dude isn’t even the best defenseman in the league and his usage over the last year pretty much spells it out.

That being said. The D would be Weber, Doughty and Piets on the right side if Team Canada was making it.
Just learned Colton Parayko is Canadian. I would have Pietrangelo Hamilton and Parayko/Ekblad there. Sorry but your lineup looks like a 2014 Vancouver roster rather than a current one.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Ellis had an underrated year, I could see him making it. Not sure about Rielly though, maybe if he has a better season next year.
Depends on how they view handedness. Rielly is definitely a top 3 LHD on that team. He was 5th in Norris voting last year and was injured this year, and it was suspected his foot was broken/hurt most of the time he did play and he played through it.

I thought Parayko was American. I would probably have him there over 1 of Ellis/Ekblad.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I would think Pietrangelo, Parayko, Letang, Makar, Ekblad, Rielly, Weber. Would be something like what they’d pick right now. But I’m not positive about Makar, not because he isn’t good enough but very often picking for olympics and those types of tournaments they value experience a lot. In that case probably Ellis. And if this is for 2022 then Weber most likely gone with any combination of Hamilton, Chabot, with a outside chance of Morrissey in there.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Depends on how they view handedness. Rielly is definitely a top 3 LHD on that team. He was 5th in Norris voting last year and was injured this year, and it was suspected his foot was broken/hurt most of the time he did play and he played through it.

I thought Parayko was American. I would probably have him there over 1 of Ellis/Ekblad.

I’d probably go

Chabot - Pietrangelo
Makar - Parayko
Theodore - Hamilton
Weber

Weber’s spot would be contingent on him performing like he did this year. I’d be a little concerned about him regressing because of age. Makar can play both sides. He preferred the left-side before coming to the NHL. I’d certainly consider Rielly over Weber.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I’d probably go

Chabot - Pietrangelo
Makar - Parayko
Theodore - Hamilton
Weber

Weber’s spot would be contingent on him performing like he did this year. I’d be a little concerned about him regressing because of age. Makar can play both sides. He preferred the left-side before coming to the NHL. I’d certainly consider Rielly over Weber.
I like it. I’d like to see another high end year out of Theodore before I’m sold on him though.

MrOT

Roenick / Modano / Hull
Jan 5, 2016
Wow, that Canada roster is an unnecessary mess. Guessing OP wanted Sweden to win a poll?

No honestly I did the best I could but not easy with all those rightys to puzzle together suitable LDs. You give it a try

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Man as a Canadian, our defense really has fallen off in the last several years.

Used to be far and away the best in the world.

Reactions: Voight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad