Canada customs holding my team canada jerseys

CAPS LOCK

Aug 10, 2005
The best part is that OP is probably posting from his home or work, which means that he has made a public statement admitting his own crimes on an easily traceable IP address.

does that make us all accomplices?:huh:

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Simple enough. You bought items claiming them for personal use when you meant to re-sell them commercially, but you bought too many of them in a short span of time and Customs predictably flagged them. You try to slip 200 jerseys through Customs? Come on, man. They aren't that slow.

The Man will probably get in touch with you and ask whether you want your items, and if so, kindly request that you pay the commercial duty.

goodguys

Mar 12, 2010
You're joking, but Customs looks for exactly that kind of thing. Multiple shipments originating from the same place, going through different routes, to the same customer (even if not the same address).

trust me ;)

not that stupid. they are all from different senders to ditfferent recivers with different addresses.

goodguys

Mar 12, 2010
HFBoards has been arrested for habouring a known fugitive.

to funny. where do you think people are selling these? they are huge items and people love them. No one cares if there fakes when the trined professionals cant tell the difference. I donate them and they auction them off at several bchl games to help the teams pay for stuff. Criminal I dont think so.

danaluvsthekings

May 1, 2004
to funny. where do you think people are selling these? they are huge items and people love them. No one cares if there fakes when the trined professionals cant tell the difference. I donate them and they auction them off at several bchl games to help the teams pay for stuff. Criminal I dont think so.

So you donate fake jerseys for auctions.

Let me guess, you get a tax write-off for this "charitable" deduction.

goodguys

Mar 12, 2010
Wait, so according to some people in this thread, it's not ok if this guy is attempting to sell a fake product but it's completely ok if it comes straight from a Chinese sweatshop to their house? :huh:

thanks buds. to funny. 90% of the retailers are selling clone jerseys. even the bay downtown vancouver for 599 plus taxes. so please folks know what your talking about before making silly comments.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
So you donate fake jerseys for auctions.

Let me guess, you get a tax write-off for this "charitable" deduction.

Edit: saw your post above....

Still seems bizarre. Kind of a Robin Hood type scenario. I would still be miffed If I won a jersey through an event like this and it turned out to be fake.

goodguys

Mar 12, 2010
p.s. i dont need tax deductions. I am far from destitute. Oh and fyi I have already sold with nike brand guard many times and while they hate it there aint much they can do about it. Have a look on ebay

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
thanks buds. to funny. 90% of the retailers are selling clone jerseys. even the bay downtown vancouver for 599 plus taxes. so please folks know what your talking about before making silly comments.

No way the Bay is knowingly selling illegally imported jerseys. The only way they are is if someone has already pulled a scam on them. IE, purchase a jersey, return the fake. The fake goes back up for sale.

Meganuck*

No way the Bay is knowingly selling illegally imported jerseys. The only way they are is if someone has already pulled a scam on them. IE, purchase a jersey, return the fake. The fake goes back up for sale.

Hmmm... you just gave me an idea... :naughty:

goodguys

Mar 12, 2010
Edit: saw your post above....

Still seems bizarre. Kind of a Robin Hood type scenario. I would still be miffed If I won a jersey through an event like this and it turned out to be fake.

dude you would have no idea my jerseys were fake. any experienced buyer knows the good factories. I have sent mine in for analayis to nike because they would pull my listings on ebay and guess what. I sell them all day long on ebay now so maybe they arent fakes after all maybe they come from the nike factory who knows. I dont buy the cheap crap and there is 3 grades of jerseys the aaa grade are either made at same factories or so damn close even the makers cant tell themselves. I pay 60 per jersey for aaa.

and packages come in a regular box just like anything else does not look like cocaine thats for sure.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
dude you would have no idea my jerseys were fake. any experienced buyer knows the good factories. I have sent mine in for analayis to nike because they would pull my listings on ebay and guess what. I sell them all day long on ebay now so maybe they arent fakes after all maybe they come from the nike factory who knows. I dont buy the cheap crap and there is 3 grades of jerseys the aaa grade are either made at same factories or so damn close even the makers cant tell themselves. I pay 60 per jersey for aaa.

and packages come in a regular box just like anything else does not look like cocaine thats for sure.

In that case I demand that you provide me a sample to test the quality.

Pures

Mar 8, 2010
Vancouver
Great... Just great... OP, use your brain please. Hope my order of 4 jersey make it past customs in a reasonable time. It is already there for 2 days...

goodguys

Mar 12, 2010
Great... Just great... OP, use your brain please. Hope my order of 4 jersey make it past customs in a reasonable time. It is already there for 2 days...

i had lots and lots of shipments usually clear in 2-24hrs every single one. only ones that havent is this order and it seems after 24hrs there is either a meesup on the forms or they gonna access the value for you. sure you will get your soon though.

goodguys

Mar 12, 2010
In that case I demand that you provide me a sample to test the quality.

I can post emails from nike brand guard regarding their anaylisis and the release of the jersey back to me and the release of my listings on ebay. can post that later, or if you want a sample they are 60 plus ship u.s.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com

The quality of the product doesn't determine if it's real or fake. You can get pretty poor quality from a real product. Conversely, you can have really high quality fake merchandise. Just because Nike can't tell the difference doesn't mean it's right for you to donate the jerseys pretending they're authentics.

Cavabien

Aug 6, 2005
Considering both are illegal, and you would probably get the same amount of time for equal amounts of drugs, I don't think the intentions matter.

We're talking about pieces of fabric and cloth. To say there is a difference in you paying a Chinese website for personal use or paying said website to turn around and sell the exact same product is a bit silly and hypocritical.

there's a big difference between possession and possession with intent to sell.
Havent you seen The Wire??

Johan Santana

Dec 27, 2009

tell me then the material that RBK Edge 1.0 or 2.0 is made out of.

I am a jersey collector I could tell your jerseys were fake from a MILE away

Buzzo

Oct 5, 2009
there's a big difference between possession and possession with intent to sell.
Havent you seen The Wire??

No, sorry, forgive me if I missed the episode on the big bad world of inner-city hockey jersey bootlegging.

All I can say is good luck to whomever is trying to prove there was intent based on a large order alone. In a court, I would imagine all it takes is for one "associate" to step up and say they were for a charity, peewee hockey team, Christmas gifts for a business, etc. and their case would be pretty hard to prove.

My point is, why all the sudden the huge outcry that someone is trying to turn a profit off of Chinese kock-offs when some of the same people are buying them straight from their sites and taking no issue with it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad