Canada customs holding my team canada jerseys

goodguys

Mar 12, 2010
anyone had trouble with canada customs. I have had tons of shipments with no problems at all. then I ordered 200 team canada jerseys and it was split up into 12 packages and shipped ems. to 3 different addresses and each day 1 package was shipped to each location. turns out they all arrive at vancouver customs on the same day and it says item has arrived at canada customs and will be reviewed for 12 days now? very worried about this. i am told they will call you if they seize them but I have never had a wait like this for customs? If anyone can shed light and help me out would be great (and maybe a free team canada jersey if they ever arrive) lol

Feb 12, 2008
Wrong forum?

If I had to guess I would say because the shipment is so large they are just taking precautions

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
maybe those jerseys "fell of the back of trucks" into black SUVS HMMMM

Gags89

Feb 15, 2009
I'm pretty sure it has to do with the size of the shipment. A shipment that size would more than likely flagged and it would take time for them to look into it. I actually had a shipment held at customs about 6 or so years back. It was a much smaller shipment of a hat and a shirt though. Can't remember the exact reasoning why though.

Last edited:

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
EMS? No legitimate jersey warehouses actually ship via EMS, only the fake retailers. Yeah, you bought a bunch of fakes to resell. Due to the fact you bought 200, don't be shocked if you're busted for it soon.

Buying fakes to wear is one thing, but its obvious you're trying to resell em. Hope they catch you.

illogic

Apr 12, 2005
anyone had trouble with canada customs. I have had tons of shipments with no problems at all. then I ordered 200 team canada jerseys and it was split up into 12 packages and shipped ems. to 3 different addresses and each day 1 package was shipped to each location. turns out they all arrive at vancouver customs on the same day and it says item has arrived at canada customs and will be reviewed for 12 days now? very worried about this. i am told they will call you if they seize them but I have never had a wait like this for customs? If anyone can shed light and help me out would be great (and maybe a free team canada jersey if they ever arrive) lol

Trying to re-sell fake Team Canada jerseys, eh? Hope you get busted.

LyleOdelein

Aug 3, 2005
Renfrew
Your purchase sounds shady even when it's described on a message forum. I'm not surprised they're taking a look at it in real life.

If I worked for customs and saw 200 jerseys getting shipped to the same person at 3 different addresses, I would be suspicious.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
You're joking, but Customs looks for exactly that kind of thing. Multiple shipments originating from the same place, going through different routes, to the same customer (even if not the same address).

trust me ;)

Indeed.....btw it's not Canada Customs anymore but the Canada Border Services Agency.

agreed why did you by 200? Sounds like a resell

Exactly, if they are for resale and you are not importing them as commercial goods that might be your problem.

BlackAces*

You ordered 200 jerseys and you are wondeirng what the hold up is at the border?

PP Subban

Nov 9, 2006
I have a package of 8 jerseys held at customs right now, its been over a week. They probably assume its coke by the way its packed.

Brodie562

Oct 3, 2003
LBC
Visit site
Hope them punks at Customs send the jerseys to you, you sound like a stand up guy. who are they to say he can't buy 200 jerseys and give them away to his huge family and close friends as gifts and as a way to celebrate a GOLD MEDAL?! Im sure this would make Sid tear up. well anyway good luck with the jerseys, if you do get them and seeing as im pretty much the only one here hoping you get the items you paid for.. umm put me down for a Doughty =) thanks man GO CANADA GO!!!

Dimaio19

Mar 9, 2008
You ordered 200 fake jerseys to resell, had them shipped in a sketchy manner and you're wondering why they got nabbed by customs? I don't know what's more amusing, the fact that you'd try to resell 200 fake jerseys or that you don't understand why what you did was a red flag to customs:help::lol::lol:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad