Canada customs holding my team canada jerseys

goodguys

Mar 12, 2010
No, sorry, forgive me if I missed the episode on the big bad world of inner-city hockey jersey bootlegging.

All I can say is good luck to whomever is trying to prove there was intent based on a large order alone. In a court, I would imagine all it takes is for one "associate" to step up and say they were for a charity, peewee hockey team, Christmas gifts for a business, etc. and their case would be pretty hard to prove.

My point is, why all the sudden the huge outcry that someone is trying to turn a profit off of Chinese kock-offs when some of the same people are buying them straight from their sites and taking no issue with it?

thank you

goodguys

Mar 12, 2010
tell me then the material that RBK Edge 1.0 or 2.0 is made out of.

I am a jersey collector I could tell your jerseys were fake from a MILE away

nike not reebok and I would have no idea I dont claim to be an expert on jerseys pal. just that nikes lawyers contacted me, I sent them a jersey they sent back with a sorry letter and let me freely post them on ebay.

goodguys

Mar 12, 2010
Man this guy posted in the wrong forum. I figured he was just trying to find a creative way to let people know he has 200 team canada jerseys for sale. He didn't expect us HF members to be so smart.

smart? I dont need help selling them. oh my these things are so easy to sell its insane (over 300 in last 2 months), but anyway this post has gotten out of hand. Was just asking to see if anyone else has had customs problems in the past.

goodguys

Mar 12, 2010
tell me then the material that RBK Edge 1.0 or 2.0 is made out of.

I am a jersey collector I could tell your jerseys were fake from a MILE away

maybe you should go work for nike brand guard then. lmao cause if their team cant then it seems they need your help

Johan Santana

Dec 27, 2009
nike not reebok and I would have no idea I dont claim to be an expert on jerseys pal. just that nikes lawyers contacted me, I sent them a jersey they sent back with a sorry letter and let me freely post them on ebay.

really? would you like to post that letter? I been helping ebay take fake jerseys off ebay for years now, if I saw yours on ebay I am sure it will be off within 24 hours. I know the owner of many jersey manufacturers such as Mitchell & Ness and it would not be a problem to have those jerseys taken off ebay in a heartbeat.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
LMFAO at the contradiction.

First he says he donates them, then he admits he's sold 300 in the last 2 months. :laugh:

Another funny thing is he registered to HFBoards to whine about this.

yay

not that stupid. they are all from different senders to ditfferent recivers with different addresses.

So, you intentionally disguised the large quantity of your order to hide it from CBSA by using multiple senders and receivers? Thanks for that info. ;)

Well, since HF Boards is hosted by GoDaddy (a US company) in the United States, sounds like a US Federal LEO would have jurisdiction to issue a warrant for your email, name, IP address(es) and any other info you gave them. Wonder if CBSA wants that.

Hmm, wheres my rolodex....

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
New Jersey's...hmm...held up at the border...sounds like some sort of trap...

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
New Jersey's...hmm...held up at the border...sounds like some sort of trap...

i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

flountown

Dec 30, 2008
Philadelphia
Just a small bit of info, it is pretty simple to tell one of these fake jerseys from the real deal. If you would be so kind to post photos of the jerseys you received to prove us wrong then by all means do so.

Perhaps even link to your auctions if you so dare.

And when it comes to fake jerseys, I am not going to fault someone for purchasing one, because maybe they can't afford the real thing or whatever personal justification they use; heck, they might not even understand the difference, the issue becomes how it is represented when someone wants to resell it, or apparently in the noble OP's situation, donate it. If you state it is an authentic jersey, when it is clearly not, you are misrepresenting your product and that IS something to be frowned upon and in a lot of cases illegal.

Stripes

Oct 9, 2007
I ordered 9 jerseys at the start of Jan and my jerseys went thru customs in about 2 days. people seem to be confused about why you would even try to ship 200 jerseys, but what Im wondering is... how do you plan on selling them? the olympics are over bro and 90% of the population already has those exact jerseys, dedicated bootleggers had these fakes months ago and were selling them at C-Train & Sky train stations across the country for 100 bucks a pop, isnt it a bit late to try and cash in?

Not at all. Legitimate licensed retailers are still waiting for a last shipment of jerseys from Nike. There is still a huge demand.

haha

It sounds like you are breaking several laws.

It's obviously a commercial enterprise. You will have to pay duty on these. If you want the items to get through faster you will need an importers account #.

Not only that you are probably being flagged by the CRA. You obviously intend to turn a profit on these jerseys, and I doubt you intend to pay taxes on that profit.

These are obviously fake jerseys. It is illegal to import unlicensed products.

Good luck on this.....
:handclap:

thanks buds. to funny. 90% of the retailers are selling clone jerseys. even the bay downtown vancouver for 599 plus taxes. so please folks know what your talking about before making silly comments.

Anything The Bay (or any other legitimate retailer) sells comes to them straight from Nike. They don't get anything shipped by EMS.

There are no Team Canada jerseys for $599. There are authentic game jerseys for $499 that can be bought through CTV, and if you shop with retailers who don't put their own Limited Edition tags on them, they can be had for $399. Licensed replicas can also be had for $135.

dude you would have no idea my jerseys were fake. any experienced buyer knows the good factories. I have sent mine in for analayis to nike because they would pull my listings on ebay and guess what. I sell them all day long on ebay now so maybe they arent fakes after all maybe they come from the nike factory who knows. I dont buy the cheap crap and there is 3 grades of jerseys the aaa grade are either made at same factories or so damn close even the makers cant tell themselves. I pay 60 per jersey for aaa.

I've worked in licensed sports retail for 7 years. There is no such thing as a jersey grade. Be they replica or authentic, they're either licensed or they're not.

I challenge you to post photos of one of these jerseys, and not just some blurry crap from distance, post detailed closeups of the logos and tags. Just like Santana, I'd tell you in a second just how fake your jerseys are. Team Canada (and all IIHF) jerseys are only available from Nike. There is no way you could have gotten their product from another source to re-sell.

Patchey*

Hahaha Goodguys is so full of ****. Why would you send a jersey into Nike for "analyisis". Its easy enough to tell them apart with the naked eye.

Stripes

Oct 9, 2007
Hahaha Goodguys is so full of ****. Why would you send a jersey into Nike for "analyisis". Its easy enough to tell them apart with the naked eye.

Yeah, I don't believe a word of that ****. Manufacturers know what is and is not their stuff, and more importantly, from where and to whom they are shipped.

Now it is possible that the jerseys in question could have been made in a Nike factory, but if that's the case, that means they are stolen, and illegal anyway. Be they fake jerseys or stolen jerseys, Nike would shut him down if they were actually on to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad