Can you guys settle a stupid argument for me?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Smith was never that bad, ever.

Smith's never been asked to carry as much responsibility. Babcock leaned on Quincey pretty hard for long stretches. Smith was lucky to see the ice when things got close.

Ultimately this is like that "would you rather?" game where you pick two undesirable things. I guess I'd rather be a Taser testee than a beanbag gun testee. But don't take that as endorsement for my choice of getting electrocuted at work everyday.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I disagree with this. I don't argue that Quincey is by far the safer option, but he's just as painful to watch, imo. Most of our blueline are migraines waiting to happen.

By my own admission, it was more of a shot at Smith than any approval of Quincey. I'd take a Quincey turnover over a Smith turnover every time, though. Smith turnovers usually mean in all alone in front.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Based on the Sens already having Karlsson and Ceci as 1st and 2nd pair puck-moving RHD, Quincey is the better fit if you wanted to move him up the line up eventually.

Watching a Smith - Ceci pair would be hysterical and terrifying

Even pairing him with Wideman on pair #3 makes more sense with the way the Sens have their more dynamic RHD set up.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Smith, he only cost us one draft pick and he's worth another if we shopped him. Quincey isn't worth.... and never was

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad