Speculation: Can We Extend Glencross?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think it depends on what he wants really. I personally wouldn't sign him beyond 2 years @ 4 mill per. If he wants 3, I say trade him. We have too many young guys knocking at the door and Curtis isn't the most durable guy out there either. I'm sure one of Ferland or Reinhart could take his spot just fine.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I would rather keep Glencross than Stasjan. Stajasn isd just kind of redundant to the team at this point, and never should have been signed to a 4 year deal. Monahan, Colbourne, Backlund are all ahead of him now. Hooris is knocking on the door, and we have guys like Bennett hungry. Guys like Bouma and Reinhardt can play 4th line Centre just fine, and even if we picked up a 4th line center in free agency it wouldn't cost us as much as Stajan

Fantasy Billionaire

Feel The Heat
Jun 22, 2009
Calgary
navarres.helo.life
Trade his ass. Get assets in picks for him at the deadline.

There is a lot of young talent that have proven themselves and more on the way. Decisions have to be made. Need to make room or move them. I would rather move out vets that will get a half decent return.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Stajan' term isn't a big deal to me. If you think he can still be a regular nhl'er in 3 years (I do), then his cap hit is fine. He's a really good #3 on almost any team, we just have so much depth. I like Stajan though, he's a real character guy.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
If we got him for cheap, then I would. Like around $3M for 2 years, and he'd be a great 3rd line guy. He's just not a top 6 guy on this team anymore IMO. He actually looks slow out there, and I remember when he was one of our fastest guys. Didn't he beat Lombardi at the speed skating competition at the Flames Skills Comp?

The guy wants a raise and wants to win a cup, trade him at the deadline.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Sure we could, I'm just not sure if we should. Once Raymond, Backlund and Colborne come back there's gonna be some hard decisions to be made. I'd say one of either Raymond or GlenX has to go for next year.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
I would prefer to trade Glencross if he isn't willing to take a sizeable hometown discount. I associate him with the middling pre-rebuild years and it irks me.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Glencross will require his FMV, whatever that is.

But it is certainly more than 2 years.

Trading him is iffy, due to his NTC. But if he's set to test UFA, he might be more likely to accept a trade, in hopes of drilling up some interest in him from another team.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I think it depends on what he wants really. I personally wouldn't sign him beyond 2 years @ 4 mill per. If he wants 3, I say trade him. We have too many young guys knocking at the door and Curtis isn't the most durable guy out there either. I'm sure one of Ferland or Reinhart could take his spot just fine.

Agreed. And if he continues to play well he'll be worth quite a bit at the deadline. He's exactly the kind of player that GMs overpay for as a rental.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I would rather keep Glencross than Stasjan. Stajasn isd just kind of redundant to the team at this point, and never should have been signed to a 4 year deal. Monahan, Colbourne, Backlund are all ahead of him now. Hooris is knocking on the door, and we have guys like Bennett hungry. Guys like Bouma and Reinhardt can play 4th line Centre just fine, and even if we picked up a 4th line center in free agency it wouldn't cost us as much as Stajan

Id rather hang onto Stajan actually. At least going into next season.

Having good center depth is a really nice thing to have because we have the option of moving guys like Colborne and Jooris onto the wing when we need or want to. Keep in mind we will usually have a center injured as well.

Stajan is a nice piece to have because he can play up and down the lineup without costing you defensively. Sure he wont score you a ton of points as your #2C but having him there to fill in anywhere makes him a valuable piece in my mind. Him and Backlund owe a lot of their success for B. Sutter for turning them into two-way centers.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
Trade him. Mabe its just me, but he's stood out to me in a bad way this season. The play seems to always die on his stick. He's the ideal rental though, that could get a decent return. Not really any reason to keep him around.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Trade him. Mabe its just me, but he's stood out to me in a bad way this season. The play seems to always die on his stick. He's the ideal rental though, that could get a decent return. Not really any reason to keep him around.

As I've mentioned before, a 4m x 2 years is as far as I'd go. If he wants more than 2 years, then he can find a new team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad