Can we compete in 17-18 w/o sacrificing the future?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think Weise will score around 15 goals this year. I think he'll be a guy who's their swing guy from the bottom six to the top six when injuries happen so perhaps he could squeeze out a few more than that.

I don't think Gordon will provide much offense but I think he'll be another piece in stabilizing the bottom six by having a defined role (defensive fourth line center).

I think overall we'll get more production from our bottom six next year.

Perhaps Gordon can work with Laughton and Cousins too on their faceoff technique. Could be beneficial in the long run.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You can't really add and subtract points from one player replacing another, unless they're filling the exact same roles.

Weise's value will be as a stabilizing influence on whatever kids they put at LW and C on the third line, his size and skating ability will also protect Read on the 3rd line.

Gordon improves defense on the 4th line, allowing it to be used as it should be, and not be protected. Being able to take faceoffs in the defensive zone allows Giroux to have more offensive zone starts.

It's not just the goals and points a player produces, it's the value he provides filling a role and freeing other players to be more productive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad